PDA

View Full Version : New to the game and need some gear QUICK!

DarkDream
7th April 2004, 09:06
Hi all,

Just found this site, quite impressed at how good it is.

Have a question for anyone that can help, I'm looking to get some gear but of course it has to be cheap. Well cheaper then.

If anyone can help with links to websites or dealer locations then I would really appreciate it.

Just started riding on 1990 Honda CBR250RR and it goes like a rocket so before I start trying anything to hot I'd like to get some leathers and some wonderful boots to stop from wearing out my big toe...

:niceone:

Antallica
7th April 2004, 09:14
Hey welcome to the forums. I got my gear on a clearance sale a while ago, there should be something there for you in Aucks.

Don't forget to blow some time on the Arcade ;) :rockon:

BritStorm
7th April 2004, 09:38
Hi,

Coleman Suzuki on K Road had a fair bit at 40 - 50% off last week. Could be worth a look....

Zed
7th April 2004, 10:35
Hi all,

Just found this site, quite impressed at how good it is.

Have a question for anyone that can help, I'm looking to get some gear but of course it has to be cheap. Well cheaper then.

If anyone can help with links to websites or dealer locations then I would really appreciate it.

Just started riding on 1990 Honda CBR250RR and it goes like a rocket so before I start trying anything to hot I'd like to get some leathers and some wonderful boots to stop from wearing out my big toe...

:niceone:
Hi DD & welcome.

Check out the following link to TradeMe motorcycles, I have successfully purchased gear from here in the past for bargain prices:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/mcat-0001-0026-.htm (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/mcat-0001-0026-.htm)

Also, try posting a wanted add in the Bike Trader section on this site!

BTW, what is your definition of "anything too hot"? :cool:

Zed :innocent:

MikeL
7th April 2004, 12:11
For leather gear try the Budget Shop in Onehunga Mall. Also Cash Converters sometimes have good gear at cheap prices but there is also a lot of rubbish. You may be lucky like me and pick up a pair of almost new Alpinestars (right size) for $45!

FROSTY
11th April 2004, 00:26
Theres a place in henderson callled dollar dealers that has a couple of really good touring jackets at about half new prices.