PDA

View Full Version : Quads allowed trail riding?

Brainflex
27th February 2006, 09:53
Hi, UK newbie here so be gentle if I ask a silly question or three.
Are quads allowed trail riding and is it possible to road register them?
I use a quad for trailing here and wondered about fetching it with me when I emigrate.

Motu
27th February 2006, 10:12
Most trail rides are able to be done on a quad,or have sections they can do.Don't know of any you can road register here....

Wellyman
27th February 2006, 11:00
Most trail rides are able to be done on a quad,or have sections they can do.Don't know of any you can road register here....

Motu is correct here. I think some "work quads" are registable.contact LTNZ would be the best way to find out.
WM

Danger
27th February 2006, 22:07
No way are quads allowed on our trails over here. Its against the law and you will have your quad immediatly confiscated if you try to bring it into our country! You have been warned!:Police:

trx400ex
28th February 2006, 19:10
youll be ok on most rides over here,i have a quad and have no probs.
i knew a lady here once who had aroad registered quad to ride around her beach community,had to put indicators and shit on it tho

Firefight
28th February 2006, 19:32
youll be ok on most rides over here,i have a quad and have no probs.
i knew a lady here once who had aroad registered quad to ride around her beach community,had to put indicators and shit on it tho

Woodhill bike park (closed just atm due to Fire risk) is Quadable, in fact the rescue breakdown bike is a 500cc Quad and in the right hands can access all parts of the park.

also most power adventure trail rides are open to quads,

Go to www.poweradventures.co.nz

for more info

F/F

naughtygirl
28th February 2006, 20:04
a few people around my area use them for trail rides, but they can be dangerous at time (which im sure you already know!) you just have to make sure you do your homework and fine out how the track is before you attempt it, as some trail ride are IMPOSSIBLE to take quads around. And im not sure about the road legal stuff, i dont think you can get them registared...but not 100%

merv
28th February 2006, 21:41
Read this factsheet from the Land Transport NZ website http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/factsheets/19.html

Sketchy_Racer
1st March 2006, 07:51
If you bring a quad......

you will be frowned upon by all Two wheeler riders........ PT

Seriously tho,

Some track allow quads but they are just tooo big.
If the crash or break down, they cover the whole fucking track and you cant get past. Then it takes 20 min to move the bloody things.......

marty
1st March 2006, 08:46
you could probably register a quad like this one for the road, but it'll be a tight fit at woodhill.......

http://www.stiatv.co.nz/

Brainflex
1st March 2006, 08:49
Thanks for the help people.
More research to be done methinks.