PDA

View Full Version : air filters....

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 13:37
where do i get air filters like this?

http://www.cycletech.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27&zenid=8d6a37735d2eb6c936e518b65c008d96

and a stage 3 jet kit?

are there any alternative air filters? i want twin pods on the bike:ride:

bugjuice
28th February 2006, 13:41
is this for your Bros?
you know that's an oil breather filter, not an airfilter..??
you could stick one up each nostril..

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 13:48
whoops posted the wrong thing sorry

http://www.cycletech.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=26&zenid=8d6a37735d2eb6c936e518b65c008d96

yeah its for the bros:mellow:

skelstar
28th February 2006, 13:49
Ha, that site had PHP errors on it. Amateurs.

ok my site does that sometimes...

imdying
28th February 2006, 13:52
lol @ the errors... that first one, oil breather be damned, that's a keyring!

What would pods do to the torque curve? Don't airboxes resonate at nice frequencies to enchance midrange?

And you mean PHP, ha amateurs :lol:

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 13:54
lol @ the errors... that first one, oil breather be damned, that's a keyring!

What would pods do to the torque curve? Don't airboxes resonate at nice frequencies to enchance midrange?

And you mean PHP, ha amateurs :lol:
thats another thing im wondering about, anyone know if itll affect the midrange? the bike also has a straight through system so that may have an effect aswell

imdying
28th February 2006, 13:55
Unless you dyno'd it before hand, it'll be hard to know. Sounds like those two mods combined would rape its mid range though... had any porting done?

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 13:57
Unless you dyno'd it before hand, it'll be hard to know. Sounds like those two mods combined would rape its mid range though... had any porting done?
im loomking at getting it all ported, i have a mate who can do the port work but im not sure how good he'll do it.

what benifits come from porting it?

bugjuice
28th February 2006, 13:59
no way to really put this without sounding a bit patronizing, but is a Bros really worth the money and trouble for all that?

imdying
28th February 2006, 14:02
Well, you're wanting a lot of air in, and out (judging by the others mods), no point bottle necking it at the head (where some of the real power gains are to be made). But yeah, big coin to spend on making a twin untwin like. Just buy my ZX6R, it's totally stock, and I imagine wouldn't have trouble seeing off a tuned bros :)

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 14:03
no way to really put this without sounding a bit patronizing, but is a Bros really worth the money and trouble for all that?
i know what you mean.

its a personal thing buggy, i love the bros and its a fucken small bike and i'll probably be riding her untill 2008 so i want the best from her...

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 14:06
Well, you're wanting a lot of air in, and out (judging by the others mods), no point bottle necking it at the head (where some of the real power gains are to be made). But yeah, big coin to spend on making a twin untwin like. Just buy my ZX6R, it's totally stock, and I imagine wouldn't have trouble seeing off a tuned bros :)
lol the bros wont ever be that fast but its perfect for me:bleh: cos im such a small bastard [ 5 ft 9 and 55kg] and i love the engine and chassis and looks and mmmmmm but the suspension? the suspension is fucken crap [soon to have racetech springs and gold valve emulators and im thinking of retro fitting a hornet 900 rear shock:msn-wink:

bugjuice
28th February 2006, 14:07
nah, fairy fluff, good on ya mate :niceone:

imdying
28th February 2006, 14:11
Might be worth leaving the motor alone then, just keep changing the oil, and enjoying the midrange. Stash the extra cash towards a Duke :)

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 14:14
Might be worth leaving the motor alone then, just keep changing the oil, and enjoying the midrange. Stash the extra cash towards a Duke :)
im thinking if i get a faired bike i will keep the bros or get one of these:http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-48968125.htm

i dont really want a faired bike because id be able to go faster comfortably, even with a semi slo unfaired bike i go too fast thats why im not too sure if i should keep saving for an r6

R1madness
28th February 2006, 19:29
You can get the filters from cycletreads in christchurch. 0800 2 tyres is their number.
If you do what you are thinking you will get a massive slump (lets not call it a hole because the jet kit will clean it up ) in the midrange but will definitly gain HP up top. What sort of pipe are you going to use.? Harris pipes made one for a mates BROS years ago. It was a bit throaty (he can fix that) but sounded sweet. You can get lots of hot up bits from 2 BROS racing (USA) but they are expencive as hell.
The popular fix for the suspension was to replace the whole front end with a CBR400RR front end. Forks wheel brakes handle bars tripple clamps etc. It was an easy fit.
Good luck man. It looks good so far.

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 19:36
i have a straight through reverse megaphone thingy.....

and the front end can also be swapped for a cbr600 f2 or f3:yeah:

R1madness
28th February 2006, 19:47
Yea but they are a bit hard sprung for the BROS and the brakes are better on the 400RR.
Reverse cone magaphone. yum yum thats exactly what harris built for my mate.

ducatilover
28th February 2006, 19:56
Yea but they are a bit hard sprung for the BROS and the brakes are better on the 400RR.
Reverse cone magaphone. yum yum thats exactly what harris built for my mate.
my reverse cone megaphone is stainless and its quite short......

i'll have a look into the cbr400rr front end, are they 41mm forks?

R1madness
1st March 2006, 16:58
something like that. I cant remember.

Bonez
5th March 2006, 07:14
Personnally I'd stick with the standard air box. Are the standard Bros air filters paper elements?If they you can cut the old element out, get air filtration foam from para rubber(they have two grades available) and fit to filter frame. Soak with 30-50 weightish engine oil, squeeze any access out the fit to bike. I've done this on two of mine so far with no adverse effects.

Sounds like your wee project is coming along great ;)

ducatilover
5th March 2006, 21:11
i think the bros already has a foam filter but it does have the standard air box, i think it has been re-jetted as it ran better when the moriwaki exhaust had no packing in it [it sounded better too]

Bonez
5th March 2006, 23:14
i think the bros already has a foam filter but it does have the standard air box, i think it has been re-jetted as it ran better when the moriwaki exhaust had no packing in it [it sounded better too]Don't you mean sounded better?

ducatilover
6th March 2006, 15:33
umm it went better and sounded better without packing in the can:doobey: :love: