PDA

View Full Version : Creaky Boots

phoenixgtr
28th February 2006, 14:53
I bought some Oxtar TCS evo boots a couple of weeks ago and they're awesome, except for one thing: they creak like crazy.

I tried the silicone stuff that came with them and it seemed to make them worse. Anyone got any sugestions or home made remedies?

Cheers

Paulus
28th February 2006, 15:00
I use CRC silicone spray on my Sidi Vertebrae boots and it quietens them for a while. Is this the stuff you got with them?

After a while you stop noticing the noise (or caring) and don't bother to spray them any more. They aren't exactly made for walking any distance anyhow.

Fishy
28th February 2006, 15:02
haha try walking in Alpinestars SMX - Plus. Never heard anything so creaky!.

outlawtorn
28th February 2006, 15:04
you could walk like a robot, then the sound could match the movement.......:killingme

phoenixgtr
28th February 2006, 15:09
No it was a lillte bottle rather than a spray, so I guess it does not get into the gaps so well

Postie
28th February 2006, 15:12
just put up with it, the noise's the boots make disguises the ones you make when you fart anyway.....

phoenixgtr
28th February 2006, 15:13
Well I would put up with it, but the noise is a dead give away when you sneak into lectures at uni late......

Postie
28th February 2006, 15:15
Well I would put up with it, but the noise is a dead give away when you sneak into lectures at uni late......
how can you be late, your on a bike......

phoenixgtr
28th February 2006, 15:18
You know how it is, would rather take the long way to class

hazard02
1st March 2006, 06:58
You arent doing it right then. Sneaking in late shouldnt involve walking, just a danger roll or two into the nearest available seat when the lecturer's back is turned. Just make sure your leathers arent creaky.

tracyprier
1st March 2006, 07:30

Buy a top box and take a pair of trainers... or in your case sneakers ;)

phoenixgtr
1st March 2006, 07:39
You arent doing it right then. Sneaking in late shouldnt involve walking, just a danger roll or two into the nearest available seat when the lecturer's back is turned. Just make sure your leathers arent creaky.

Nice one :niceone:

placidfemme
1st March 2006, 08:39
Had the same problem check this out:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12895

emaN
1st March 2006, 08:49
yep phoenix...they squeak, but they're a top boot! most comfy & snug/secure fitting i've tried.

beeswax, a bit of CRC will do the trick for a while - i just put up with it now. Actually seems to not be as bad as it was, perhaps as the parts rub together they wear that top layer off a wee bit? Who knows..

Used to go to the UK bike shows with a couple mates; one of 'em we could always track down, cos only one of his SIDIs squeaked and was slightly different sound than others...he hated it! squeak, step, squeak, step.... he he he

phoenixgtr
1st March 2006, 09:01
Thanks guys. Might try to find some silicone spray but no hurry I guess. Everyone around me can put up with it

phoenixgtr
4th April 2006, 11:09
Just an update for anyone that might be interested. I got some CRC silicone spray and it made a huuuuggggeee difference.

Cheers