PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 5th March

loosebruce
28th February 2006, 15:08
Anyone keen to get together on Sunday late morning (coz early ones suck) and have a play at a few locations out and about.
Prefably wana keep the group small, so only peeps interested in actully doing shit rather than sitting on the side line, will try and hook up a couple of our resident snappers to come along.

Main reason is i can't be fucked going on a big ride, rather just play round using less than a tank of gas and giving the tyres an easier time, and hopefully not looping it. Plus with the added bonus of a bit of practice before the 8th.

Will PM meet point rather than post it, meet time round 11am, not planning on being out for more than a few hours at best.

Your bike being legal will help if :Police: turn up, let me do the talking (if i'm still around) i have jedi powers, but most of the :Police: are pretty sweet if we are out of the way not hurting anyone, and we come over with a good attitude.

And in no way will i be held responsible for any damage to anyone or any bike, you do stupid shit at your own risk, none of this bullshit blaming the organiser :angry2: you hear!!!

If i get too many people wanna come there will be a cut off, it will help if i know you and know your skill level. If you miss out, too bad, come along on Monday http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=25411 and buy a pizza :yeah: lots and lots of pizza.

Laterz :crazy:

bugjuice
28th February 2006, 15:19
if you're still around?!?!?! pah! only if you're on your fat ass..

yeah, i'd be keen. was thinking about wanting to do something like this, but I've sworn not to arrange stuff no more..

I have an idea for a location that I'll check out. Else just say where n when

loosebruce
28th February 2006, 15:27
I's dont have the heart to break it to you, but it has to be said, you're not cool enough, next............ if you were Gixer mounted however this would not be the case :stoogie: Nah you're in Kit, don't go thinking you're cool or anything though.

Let me know your location, we can check it out, and anyone else with idea's as well, feel free to share, via PM of course.

bugjuice
28th February 2006, 15:30
via PM? I was thinking the SH1 northern.. :doh:

I ain't cool, I'm ma bruvaaaaaaaa

I only come along to bring down the levels to a near-human plateau.

and yes, I'll lay off the coffee

loosebruce
28th February 2006, 15:32
I only come along to bring down the levels to a near-muppet plateau.

Awfully nice of you mate.

bugjuice
28th February 2006, 15:35
no problemo hombré.. or homo, which ever..

aff-man
28th February 2006, 17:47
hmmmm sounds interesting... I probably won't have my sprocket.... or race fairings ready by then but might come have a play around.

SwanTiger
28th February 2006, 17:54
I know I'm just way too cool to go on this ride ... Sorry fellas, I'll have to pass.

Motoracer
28th February 2006, 19:43
Wouldn't you rather go ZX10 hunting? Our good mate on the 03 Red/White R1 is getting his on this Friday! W00T!! Just saw him now...

They'll be riding on Sunday with the whole crew. You should come bro!

loosebruce
28th February 2006, 21:13
Wouldn't you rather go ZX10 hunting? Our good mate on the 03 Red/White R1 is getting his on this Friday! W00T!! Just saw him now...

They'll be riding on Sunday with the whole crew. You should come bro!

Yeah it's on the cards for sure bro, but really can't afford it or the abuse to the tyres, they gotta last for the trackday which is a month away still, after that, we'll have to get the krazy krew and litre crew together for a bit of an attack on Waihi/Whangamata.

ajturbo
28th February 2006, 21:24
it will help if i know you and know your skill level.

my skill level.... on a scale of 1-100... 100 being GOD like... i would be around -19....

oh and you do know me:scratch:

aff-man
28th February 2006, 22:25
well do i qualify??

If not i'll go do the beginners ride....:no: :confused:

loosebruce
1st March 2006, 07:28
well do i qualify??

Yea you're aight, you gonna show us some rolling stoppies???

aff-man
1st March 2006, 07:43
Yea you're aight, you gonna show us some rolling stoppies???

If i get my brake sorted out i'll give em a go...

Went to death's the other day and he says they are well fucked. So i'll spend saturday working on them and hopefully have better brakes by sunday...

loosebruce
1st March 2006, 12:35
So i'll spend saturday working on them and hopefully have better brakes by sunday...

Watch those caliper bolts sonny :Pokey:

Fishy
1st March 2006, 12:41
I guess ghey Honda riders aren't welcome then?. Would be keen if it were the 11th 12th, but have uni all this weekend. I have no life anymore. :argh:

bugjuice
1st March 2006, 12:42
nah, you can come*, someone has to make me look good :bleh:

* LB approval required

Fishy
1st March 2006, 12:45
Dude I am hopeless at wheelstands!. Need more practice but hardly have any free time on the weekends now :brick:

aff-man
1st March 2006, 13:36
Watch those caliper bolts sonny :Pokey:

All of a sudden everyone is a comedian ........ sheeesh:dodge:

Dude I am hopeless at wheelstands!. Need more practice but hardly have any free time on the weekends now

Well I can see if your bike is capable of doing them if you want:blip: :blip:

Fishy
1st March 2006, 13:39
Nice try Aff-Man, I know it is, I've done a few nice ones before but I'm just not consistant with them. Some days I can some I can't. Just need more practise.

Riff Raff
1st March 2006, 16:35
Well I know for a fact that I'm very high up in the ultra cool stakes, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to give it a miss because some Welly KBer decided to get married this weekend.

Oh yeah, that means White Trash can't come either.

2much
1st March 2006, 23:29
Dammit, why do I live so far away? I'ld be fucken keen on that.

Hey, I know a great spot we can use down here ;)

Motoracer
2nd March 2006, 11:54
Well I know for a fact that I'm very high up in the ultra cool stakes, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to give it a miss because some Welly KBer decided to get married this weekend.

Oh yeah, that means White Trash can't come either.

Oh man, it's just not the same with out you... :(

Oh yea and WT's absence will be noticed too.

loosebruce
2nd March 2006, 14:49
Oh yea and WT's absence will be noticed too.

Whos this WT, he good or something?

Motoracer
2nd March 2006, 15:52
Whos this WT, he good or something?

Apparently so... You should know, since you use to eat him for breakfast! My apologies to everyone for releasing too much info there...

bugjuice
2nd March 2006, 15:58
LB chews man sausage?!?!?!?

saul
2nd March 2006, 17:54
Dammit, why do I live so far away? I'ld be fucken keen on that.

Hey, I know a great spot we can use down here ;)

Do you now? and where might that be:soon: :laugh:

loosebruce
2nd March 2006, 22:35
LB chews man sausage?!?!?!?

Aight then fuck off and practice on your own bitch:Pokey:

aff-man
5th March 2006, 14:07
Awesome stuff guys..

Pity about the way it ended but all is good ..

might need a more remote place next time....

Look forward to seeing the pics:headbang:

GIXser
5th March 2006, 14:18
Great day chaps,/ladies,,,, must do this more often,, i know a few areas, out east tamaki, might suit as well, ,,until next time---

Motoracer
5th March 2006, 14:38
Great day chaps,/ladies,,,, must do this more often,, i know a few areas, out east tamaki, might suit as well, ,,until next time---

Things got more "interesting" later on. Ha ha

Cheers everyone, that was fukin fun!! We just can't do it there anymore... not for a while anyway :(

So just takes to your place next time Gixer.

GIXser
5th March 2006, 14:44
What happened later on,, ??????

bugjuice
5th March 2006, 14:54
Compared to where we started, I thought the second place was better.. no one around, nothing to run into, until the fuzzy shows.. The first place we were at had more reason to get hassled I would have thought, but nope.. arse end of nowhere is obviously a bad place to be..

fuk, that was funny.. Good on ya guys ('specilly sudeep!!)
I didn't think it ended bad, just a bit quicker than I was hoping. I was needing to get away around then anyway

justsomeguy
5th March 2006, 15:09
OK ladies.

Now that's its over and you are all home with mum bringing you a glass of milk and a bedtime story why not tell us unfortunates what happened.

And buggy you rotten citrus fruit I expect some great photography from you.

bugjuice
5th March 2006, 15:10
i can't take photos and wheelie you nonse

Zed
5th March 2006, 15:56
I had a great time practising, felt a tad exhausted afterwards too, hot work. I was only present at the 1st location which i thought was good with only a few Sunday drivers interfering, and some even parked up and watched!

Thanks for organising it LB, i hope your private parts fully recover after that tank-slapper matey! :pinch:

Now bring on those photos erik & co.

erik
5th March 2006, 16:52
I had heaps of fun :2thumbsup

Was mostly there to take photos, but I had a go at some wheelies towards the end. Roll along at about 10km/h, rev to 10,000rpm, dump the clutch and hang on :eek:
It took me a while to realise that 10,000rpm was necessary. Attempts below that only result in a small hop. There were a few better wheelies where I kept the front up for a couple of seconds, but usually I either didn't rev quite to 10,000 or I cut the throttle as soon as it came up.

I tried a couple of stoppies, but only managed to lock the front wheel up. I guess the tyres weren't warm enough, or maybe the road was dusty.

That Bandit 1200 was nice! Nice wheelies mate.

Here are the photos (http://community.webshots.com/album/548241954VdUaHu). I've done my best to edit out identifying stuff. Rather than pick the best few myself, I figured I'd just upload pretty much all of them. If anyone wants a copy of a full size version (1600x1200 pixels) pm me the one you want.

Cheers Sudeep and Johno for getting the photos of me. :)

Thanks Bruce for organising it. :niceone:

aff-man
5th March 2006, 17:20
Cheers for taking all those photos erik.....

Looks like i started getting the hang of stoppies...

Oh and MR you're a bastard.... he goes and lends me his bike for a blat and now all I can do is think about getting one.....

Bruce: those tank wheelies were getting mightily impressive towards the end of the day

dss3
5th March 2006, 17:37
Looks like a fun days you buggers... luv this pic, new sport aye LB and MR... synchronised stoppies?

erik
5th March 2006, 18:21
Looks like a fun days you buggers... luv this pic, new sport aye LB and MR... synchronised stoppies?
if only it was centred and level... :slap:
I blame the camera :whistle:

Zed
5th March 2006, 18:34
Great work on the photos erik - thanks! :niceone:

GIXser
5th March 2006, 19:02
Great work on the photos erik - thanks! :niceone:

i'll second that many thanks Eric,--Also cheers to LB for organising this--

texmo
5th March 2006, 20:31
you lot ocming to hells on monday?

erik
5th March 2006, 20:35
I am. :yes:

Zed
5th March 2006, 20:42
you lot ocming to hells on monday?I'm not sure if i'm ocming but i'll be there. :wacko:

I saw those pics of the KB ride today Texmo, wot technique did u use to get that scoot up on one wheel? :spudbn:

texmo
5th March 2006, 21:01
I'm not sure if i'm ocming but i'll be there. :wacko:

I saw those pics of the KB ride today Texmo, wot technique did u use to get that scoot up on one wheel? :spudbn:
I gave it nah-nah's and pulled back, its ok its harder than the cbr250 to get up and the back wheel is on a lean so hard to keep going cos you start to fall over, I am not very good though afast135 has a 150cc scooter and I have seen him do some pretty nice 12'o clock wheelies...

onearmedbandit
5th March 2006, 21:31
Some awesome skills there guys, really impressive!

aff-man
5th March 2006, 22:04
Good fun was had...

Hey bruce just read your first post and it seems

Your bike being legal will help if :Police: turn up, let me do the talking (if i'm still around) i have jedi powers, but most of the are pretty sweet if we are out of the way not hurting anyone, and we come over with a good attitude.

Came true.

Zed: Was gonna ask are you switching gears while doing wheelies?? Or just holding them in second or something?

Motoracer
5th March 2006, 22:22
Cheers for the pics Erik! :first:

After finally getting some practice in for wheelies today, I can't wait for some more!! I always had an excuse for not bothering with wheelies but now I fully wana practice more and more. It's fukin fun!!!

Zed
5th March 2006, 22:25
Zed: Was gonna ask are you switching gears while doing wheelies?? Or just holding them in second or something?Yeah, apart from the half dozen power stands i pulled straight up in 2nd, the majority of the 50+ wheelies I did 2day I concentrated on lifting the front up at low speed in 1st (between 30-50kmph) and when the bike reached the right height was just hooking 2nd and holding it out trying to find balance point, did some real wonky ones too. I only hooked 3rd once in the whole session, then again, I only tried to do it once lol! :spudflip:

SwanTiger
5th March 2006, 22:36
Damn, looks like fun, need to practise on the Hyosung, highly doubt ill get anywhere, already tried dropping while standing on pillion pegs, it just does a gay little hop thing... it wants to go

loosebruce
5th March 2006, 23:10
Hah yeah the cop was hard case, told you i had your back mate (unnamed KBer), Erik those pics are top notch mate, so much so you got yourself a free pizza tomorrow night, i'll have to grab a cd off you.
I set out to learn gain better skills in 1st gear which i feel mych more confident now, then i thought why the hell not, i'll jump on the tank and try some shit, took a little while to get in to it, but started getting some pretty good ones near the end and feeling really comfy at the same time.
Likely the duo stoppies with my buddy MR, and was great to see everyone who turned up just get better and better as the day went on.
BJ you know the trick now, Gixser smooth shit near the end of the day, Zed looking sharp, Affman way improved and looking good, keep it up, good to meet UKbandit, good to get back into it aye mate, Sudeep mate you took some big steps today.

Anyhow the report on the 5-0 as he turned up someone decided to gap it and i can't blame him, so i went to cover the said person, funny as hell when the cop got to the intersection and couldn't work out which way the nutcase had gone, i pulled up and beside him, looked at him and said "stink" he gave me a dirty look and pulled me over lol. He didn't have anything on me for once, asked if i'd been in trouble with the police before, who me :blip: going on about wheelies and hooligan behaviour, i said we were teaching some noobs some new skills to help there confidence on the open road :yes: anyhow he happened to see Erik pulling a wheelie and pointed him out to me as the others cruised off on there merry way, and i said what that thing wheeling, you're taking the piss aye, i know what i saw he replied, okay buddy. basiclly i hadn't done anything wrong that he knew of so i took the piss a little, thankfully he didn't check my rego, :Oops:

All's well that end's well, have to hook up again for another go before the 8th, Gixser sounds onto it heading that way next time, catch you cats later.

justsomeguy
5th March 2006, 23:10
So the usual suspects were commiting the usual crimes......

Only judging from Erik's photos it seems as though Jonno has risen was beyond his :spudbn: status...........

http://image59.webshots.com/59/4/11/67/2927411670086871642dZwTbH_ph.jpg

Jonno:niceone:

texmo
5th March 2006, 23:30
I have been praticing a bit scince we last meet bruce I am keen to try and stay on blalance point now I have found it...
Scince you got to ride the scooter and fair is only fair....

aff-man
6th March 2006, 06:29
So the usual suspects were commiting the usual crimes......

Only judging from Erik's photos it seems as though Jonno has risen was beyond his :spudbn: status...........

http://image59.webshots.com/59/4/11/67/2927411670086871642dZwTbH_ph.jpg

Jonno:niceone:

And what status is that :innocent::innocent:

Good to meet some new faces out there as well ukbandit mate yours were soo smooth.. awsome stuff.

Fishy
6th March 2006, 07:11
Wicked!, looks like you guys had a shit load of fun eh. Wish I could have been there, I need all the practice I can get.

erik
6th March 2006, 07:51
Erik those pics are top notch mate, so much so you got yourself a free pizza tomorrow night, i'll have to grab a cd off you.

Choice, thanks mate. :)
I'll burn you a cd and bring it tonight.

bugjuice
6th March 2006, 08:27
yeah Bruce, that trick for picking the front up is just stupidly easy. No idea why I hadn't tried it before. But even on cold tyres it works a treat, this morning proved that!! ;)

Cheers again for your help and advice. It helped heaps, and I think it shows..

Fishy
6th March 2006, 08:51
yeah Bruce, that trick for picking the front up is just stupidly easy. No idea why I hadn't tried it before. But even on cold tyres it works a treat, this morning proved that!! ;)

Cheers again for your help and advice. It helped heaps, and I think it shows..

Hey Buggy, you wanna let me in on this trick for lifting the front..... I wanna try 2nd gear stand ups but have trouble lifting it without clutch.

texmo
6th March 2006, 08:55
It is in his how to wheelie thread just click here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=531838&postcount=128)

bugjuice
6th March 2006, 09:00
Hey Buggy, you wanna let me in on this trick for lifting the front..... I wanna try 2nd gear stand ups but have trouble lifting it without clutch.
yeah, just wrote it up in the wheelie thread, cheers Tex

aff-man
6th March 2006, 09:43
Well i can test the theory for ya.... I'm well versed in it...

Come on ya know ya want to....

Fishy
6th March 2006, 09:50
I MIGHT let you have a little tickle on the black beauty next time I see ya :bleh: , I have no problems "Testing" the theory either.... just interested in technique people are using to achieve stand ups with no clutch in 2nd or even 3rd on some bikes.

bugjuice
6th March 2006, 09:54
brave man...
next time we catch up, I'll show you (without jumpin on your bike ;))

Fishy
6th March 2006, 09:59
Sounds good mate. :ride:

justsomeguy
6th March 2006, 11:54

Your squid status - remember those little bunny hops you used to do on the 400??

Seems like you can now "11-o-clock" it whenever you want.:done:

aff-man
6th March 2006, 12:57
Your squid status - remember those little bunny hops you used to do on the 400??

Seems like you can now "11-o-clock" it whenever you want.:done:

I am still a junior squid.

Hahahaha the 400 man that was way back when i didn't know what a was really doing... plus 6700's are way easier to wheelie.

I MIGHT let you have a little tickle on the black beauty next time I see ya

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:ban ana: :banana:

Fishy
6th March 2006, 13:09
You will have to have a good wash and maybe disinfect your leaters before hands as I don't want Suzuki germs on my Honda now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GIXser
6th March 2006, 13:19
You will have to have a good wash and maybe disinfect your leaters before hands as I don't want Suzuki germs on my Honda now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i was about to say , "Everyone knows honda's don't wheelie" then i thought of ZED" :Oops: i think he's an exception mind you-----

Zed
6th March 2006, 13:34
i was about to say , "Everyone knows honda's don't wheelie" then i thought of ZED" :Oops: i think he's an exception mind you-----Gee thanks mate, now i feel kinda special!

Come to think of it, out of the bikes that were wheelying yesterday I was the only Honda rider, Buggy the only Kwaka, and rest (5) were blimmin Suzookis! :confused:

bugjuice
6th March 2006, 13:36
go the under dogs!! :woohoo:

Fishy
6th March 2006, 13:43
Bloody gutted I couldn't make it!.... oh well hopefully next time.

aff-man
6th March 2006, 14:06
Gee thanks mate, now i feel kinda special!

Come to think of it, out of the bikes that were wheelying yesterday I was the only Honda rider, Buggy the only Kwaka, and rest (5) were blimmin Suzookis! :confused:

Maybe it's cause suziki's inspire hooliganism......

Hey FS I have already had my yearly shower so what do I do now :crybaby:

Fishy
6th March 2006, 14:11
Just wait mate, the time will come just be patient :ride:

aff-man
6th March 2006, 14:16
Just wait mate, the time will come just be patient :ride:

Actually on second thought maybe I don't want to ride your bike..

After riding MR race tuned gixxer I have an urge to buy one..... really don't want to have the same urge for a honda....

Fishy
6th March 2006, 14:26
Fine with me

ukbandit
7th March 2006, 21:31
Gee thanks mate, now i feel kinda special!

bandits "stunt monkeys weapon of choice"

Zed
7th March 2006, 21:34
bandits "stunt monkeys weapon of choice"Yes, that was quite obvious. Onya ukbandit! :clap: Now have you signed up for the KB stunt/drag (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=508966#post508966) day yet? Go on, you know u want 2!

ukbandit
7th March 2006, 21:37

Good to meet some new faces out there as well ukbandit mate yours were soo smooth.. awsome stuff.
cheers mate i think we all done the biz on sunday great to be back with normal people again :rofl: hope to see ya soon for part 2 :niceone:

ukbandit
7th March 2006, 21:43
Yes, that was quite obvious. Onya ukbandit! :clap: Now have you signed up for the KB stunt/drag (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=508966#post508966) day yet? Go on, you know u want 2!
will have a look now thought it was this wednesday for some unknown reason mate you did some real stetched out ones sunday what speed was ya doing down there :not: superb pretty soon you wont come down until you reach the bombays :ride:

Zed
7th March 2006, 21:47
will have a look now thought it was this wednesday for some unknown reason mate you did some real stetched out ones sunday what speed was ya doing down there :not: superb pretty soon you wont come down until you reach the bombays :ride:Never looked at my speedometer bud, all i know is once i hooked 2nd i was off like a rocket!! Tks, was getting some good long distance, looking forward to hooking 3rd & 4th at the upcoming stunt day...best place for it really eh! :whistle:

ukbandit
7th March 2006, 21:55
Yes, that was quite obvious. Onya ukbandit! :clap: Now have you signed up for the KB stunt/drag (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=508966#post508966) day yet? Go on, you know u want 2!
sent pm to riff raff for details hopefully not all booked up i need to get in some more practice get in some long uns

Zed
7th March 2006, 21:59
sent pm to riff raff for details hopefully not all booked up i need to get in some more practice get in some long unsThe stunt/drags day IS practise, I don't think it was ever intended to be a competition...but now that there are prizes involved?? :corn:

texmo
7th March 2006, 22:07
Because im on the scooter do I get a handi cap?