PDA

View Full Version : Bike crash on TV3 News by the Spanish Inquisition (Police)

MD
7th April 2004, 18:45
Who saw the news clip tonight on TV3. The slowmo replay was a sobering sight for us bikers. A Druggie in Spain, after some fast cash for drugs, took 2 hostages and demanded cash & a fast bike to get away on - that man deserves a DB for his good taste in transport, if not his income methods. Looked like a SV1000 or similar as he took off down the road where a cop car was waiting in a side road to cut him off. Or cut him to shreads more like. Poor sod went flying over the bonnet, somersaulting twice then sliding head on into the curb. Looked fatal to watch but he survived. The bike seemed to disintergrate in a split second, very scary that. Not sure if he survived the rough Police handling as they shoved him into the Ambulance though. I can relate to it. Broke my leg years ago in Chch on my CB750 when a prick in a car did a U turn just as I was passing. I jumped over his roof thinking I was a clever bugger and would be OK until I somersaulted and broke my leg on impact with the road. Bastard never apologised or even asked how I was, or so much as looked in my direction months later in court. I was still in a full plaster. Atleast the Spanish lad will now be getting some good drugs from a tasty nurse.

Big Dog
7th April 2004, 19:13
that man deserves a DB for his good taste in transport, if not his income methods.
More likely to get a DP in prison.

Skyryder
7th April 2004, 19:26
Worked with a guy that spent a night in a Spanish prison when Franco was in power. Long story that one but it made one hell of an inpression on him like he left Spain pronto. Well actually it was a group of them when the North Sea drilling was going on.

Skyryder

jimbo600
7th April 2004, 21:12
Who saw the news clip tonight on TV3. The slowmo replay was a sobering sight for us bikers. A Druggie in Spain, after some fast cash for drugs, took 2 hostages and demanded cash & a fast bike to get away on - that man deserves a DB for his good taste in transport, if not his income methods. Looked like a SV1000 or similar as he took off down the road where a cop car was waiting in a side road to cut him off. Or cut him to shreads more like. Poor sod went flying over the bonnet, somersaulting twice then sliding head on into the curb. Looked fatal to watch but he survived. The bike seemed to disintergrate in a split second, very scary that. Not sure if he survived the rough Police handling as they shoved him into the Ambulance though. I can relate to it. Broke my leg years ago in Chch on my CB750 when a prick in a car did a U turn just as I was passing. I jumped over his roof thinking I was a clever bugger and would be OK until I somersaulted and broke my leg on impact with the road. Bastard never apologised or even asked how I was, or so much as looked in my direction months later in court. I was still in a full plaster. Atleast the Spanish lad will now be getting some good drugs from a tasty nurse.

He was unharmed by the getoff. However, what a complete cock anyway. Bad PR for bikes man. Lucky he didn't drive by the civil guardia as they would have filled him with lead poisoning. Spain aint the place to give authorities shit right now.

dangerous
7th April 2004, 22:00
I'm betting that it was a R1 or R6........ Anyhow holy crap I dident expect him to be throughen like a rag dole, I alwas thought that you would fly more like supper man.... sure makes you think about ya speed though.

And I dont think that he deserverd that kinda treatment, it was a bit over the top a different story if he was in a car.....na bugger it he deals in drugs then he deserved it BUT the bike dident, and the cop had balls doing that type of stunt aswell lucky he dident get cut in half

Lou Girardin
8th April 2004, 06:53
I hope our Polis didn't see that.
Lou

mangell6
9th April 2004, 14:40
Betcha the politza man in the car was freaking with a bike coming directly at him.

Jackrat
9th April 2004, 16:44
Sure was pretty graphic,I was quite suprised how he spun in the air.
Feel sorry for the bike,What a waste :rolleyes:

Indiana_Jones
9th April 2004, 20:04
lol WTf was he thinking? "I'm gonna get away on this bike?" :rolleyes:
"Oh shit, I forgot I'm completey vunerable on it" :kick:

-Indy

dangerous
9th April 2004, 20:27
lol WTf was he thinking? "I'm gonna get away on this bike?" :rolleyes:
"Oh shit, I forgot I'm completey vunerable on it" :kick:

-Indy

Yeh...should of ordered a Hummer, then he could of mashed a few cop cars up before having the shit kicked out of him.

Marknz
12th April 2004, 15:51
Is this the same one?

http://203.144.22.77/stuff/bankbike.mpg

madandy
13th April 2004, 05:27
OUCH thats not a nice way to end a ride, even given the circumstances...notice the blue and white in the fore-ground just waiting to have a go if the Mondeo missed

Slingshot
13th April 2004, 12:43
The Spanish police are stupid, why didn't they deliver the bike with an empty tank. Just enough to fill the carb bowls.
The dude would have speed off thinking he was home free just as the bike ran out of gas and the police could have swooped!!!

Or they could have just popped a cap in his arse!:kick: