PDA

View Full Version : SV1000 Advert

Angry Puppy
8th April 2004, 10:25
Anyone else heard the ad for the SV1000 on The Rock FM? Can't remember which shop it was for, but it certainly didn't sound like standard pipes - bet it comes with standard pipes tho!

FB

White trash
8th April 2004, 10:37
Got your attantion though!

k14
8th April 2004, 11:00
Yeah, exactly the same thoughts as me. Sounds like a straight 4 not a v twin.

White trash
8th April 2004, 11:16
Who cares what it sounds like!

What a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride:

jrandom
8th April 2004, 11:19
Hmmm. Don't anybody get me started on movie sound mismatches and the fact that Steve McQueen's Muzzy in Bullitt is actually making noises recorded from a completely different open-header Cosworth F1 engine. (Never managed to figure out if that was an urban legend or not.)

Still I suspect the guys making the ad would have just hunted around for the sexiest bike noise they could find.

Not that the SV thou don't sound good, mind ;)

jrandom
8th April 2004, 11:21
Who cares what it sounds like!

What a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride:

OK, well, so for us who weren't listening to the radio, what *is* the deal then, Mr Commercially Uninvolved With The Above Advertisers? :p

k14
8th April 2004, 11:48
One that really pissed me off is the chase scene in Paycheck. The guy is riding a BMW (something, don't know my bemers for shit) maybe an RS1100 or something, but back to the point, they have it sounding like a straight 4 aswell. It is so stupid, as if a BMW can rev that high. Imbeciles.

White trash
8th April 2004, 14:39
OK, well, so for us who weren't listening to the radio, what *is* the deal then, Mr Commercially Uninvolved With The Above Advertisers? :p

Actually, I'm at the wrong end of the island. But $13999 for a brand new SV1KS is a shit load of bike for your dollar.

Anyone actually own or ridden one (Spankme need not reply)?

They rock :Punk:

Hitcher
8th April 2004, 14:45
Actually, I'm at the wrong end of the island. But $13999 for a brand new SV1KS is a shit load of bike for your dollar.

Anyone actually own or ridden one (Spankme need not reply)?

They rock :Punk:

I'm scared to ride one -- in case I like it! (Same applies to the Z1000)

Angry Puppy
8th April 2004, 14:46
Hmmm. Don't anybody get me started on movie sound mismatches......

My pet hate, well more amusement than hate, is on the really films where they over dub with screetching tires when the vehicle is driving down a dirt road! Now that's just plain silly :doh:

Fazer Bloke

Angry Puppy
8th April 2004, 14:47
Nothing interesting to add. just wondering if my label would change once I got to 50 posts

Fazer Bloke

Hitcher
8th April 2004, 14:50
My pet hate, well more amusement than hate, is on the really films where they over dub with screetching tires when the vehicle is driving down a dirt road! Now that's just plain silly :doh:

Fazer Bloke

And those reality TV shows where there is helicopter coverage of a police car chase and you can hear the chase -- but not the helicopter...

Cajun
8th April 2004, 15:33
i riden one not much to rave about, but i not a v-twin person i much perfer 4 cylinders, and it looks BEEPING ugly, good price tho, but