PDA

View Full Version : Need help with GB (Who stole my cable)

SpankMe
3rd March 2006, 09:44
My speedo has stopped working and I need it sorted so I can get a WOF. I can bring it around to anyone who can look at it for me. I have also ordered a replacement cable in case the current one has snapped.

Sniper
3rd March 2006, 09:55
I would say its the cable SpankMe. You can unscrew it from the back of the speedo and also the front wheel and just check the ends.

imdying
3rd March 2006, 09:56
Hey man, with the cable undone from the speedo, does the inner go round when you rotate the wheel (get the wheel off the ground, and give her a good spin). If not, hopefully the actual speedo itself it all good :)

/edit: Dunno how you can say that Sniper... could be the speedo, the cable, or the drive at the wheel... Diagnosis should always be your first port of call, saves spending money on things that aren't broken ;)

Motu
3rd March 2006, 10:21
Bring if around here if you like...give me a ring on 625 9827.

Warr
3rd March 2006, 10:21
If you arent fussed about keeping it standard, put a pushbike one on. Then it can tell you other useful things like Ride time, Average, Max, etc
Bit of a trick sometimes to attaching the magnet to the front. Could take a pic to show you what I did... If you are interested.

imdying
3rd March 2006, 10:28
If you arent fussed about keeping it standard, put a pushbike one on. Then it can tell you other useful things like Ride time, Average, Max, etc
Bit of a trick sometimes to attaching the magnet to the front. Could take a pic to show you what I did... If you are interested.I'm guessing it needs a 'LTSA certified' odometer or some such?

SpankMe
3rd March 2006, 12:14
The cable appears to be broken, so I'm waiting on AMPS take delivery of my cable order.

Would be a bit hard leading a 100kph group on the newbie ride this weekend if I don't know what speed I'm going.

SpankMe
3rd March 2006, 12:34
WHO BLOODY STOLE MY SPEEDO CABLE :angry2:

The last speedo cable Blue Wing Honda said they had in stock and were about to send to AMPS, has now been sent to someone else. Theiving bastard, give me back my cable. :crybaby:

imdying
3rd March 2006, 12:37
:/ We have a place in Chch called Parrot and Son who can make them, hopefully someone in Auckland knows of somewhere similar?

Ixion
3rd March 2006, 12:44
Try Aotea Instrument Services 09 2623542

They make (almost) any sort of speedo/tacho cable to order and I have known them be cheaper than OEM. Dunno about them doing it before Sunday though

EDIT: Can't you tyell your speed from the tacho ?

Bonez
3rd March 2006, 14:57
Go to a back street m/c shop and get an aftermarket one. EMGO usually have something suitable.

FROSTY
3rd March 2006, 18:38
--Gimme a yell--
DEFINITELY atomic wreckers will have a accessory cable for ya --But I might be able to loan ya one from the collection here