PDA

View Full Version : Honda Magna 250

Astolat
3rd March 2006, 19:46
Hi everyone

I'm looking at buying a 94 magna. Do you think it's a good bike for a learner.
How about the maintenance? Are they easy to look after.

Any help. Thanks :ride:

The_Dover
3rd March 2006, 20:30
Yeah, they are ok.

For a ghey Honda.

Astolat
8th March 2006, 15:14
Yet again, I've changed my mind! I'll keep saving waaaaah and get a VTR as planned.

Finn
8th March 2006, 15:35
Yet again, I've changed my mind! I'll keep saving waaaaah and get a VTR as planned.

My neighbour has a 250 Magna and I took it for a ride a few weeks ago. It would make an excellent beginners bike and it must be one of the biggest looking 250's out there. A friend of mine asked if it was an 1100.

.produKt
12th March 2006, 14:42
I were also interested in getting one of these magna's :) A good bloke from here went to check it out for me, he also owns one.
here are the pics he took (note only the dscn pics)
http://www.phattpad.orcon.net.nz/Honda%20VT%20250%20Magna/

Cookie
12th March 2006, 15:12
Yes I am sure The_Dover knows all about "ghey" :rolleyes:

I have one and so does Harry33.

They are so cool, I have to tear the girls off me at every set of lights in town. (I wish).

Happy riding, no matter what you decide to buy in the end.

grego
12th March 2006, 17:35
yep , they would make agood learners bike but for what they are, (stunning lookers), they are very expensiv to buy.
If money does not matter, I would get a magna allright.
If it does matter I would just get either a GN 250, brand new, with warranty or a 2 to 3 year old Marauder for about the same money.........................
Iv'e seen one first in 95 in Tokyo and always wanted one.
Then I took one for a ride and got bored stiff but then again I am not restricted to a 250.
So there is one advantage of being older but You at least get all the sex you want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R1madness
13th March 2006, 09:18
They are a great looking bike and trouble free.

I have one for sale, $4750 low deposit finance available (TAP). 20600km. Good Dunlop tyres, 6months rego and a new LTSA WOF. Fresh import no NZ owners yet. Ready to ride.

Harry33
9th April 2006, 12:14
Yip I have one...It's a fun bike, pretty easy to ride and I get heaps of looks from people when I'm out on it. Only down side that I can think of is I can't seem to get a english manuel for it. It has a nice low seat height if your on the shorter side as well.

Lost in NZ
31st July 2006, 19:45
hey cookie!

i have the 94 250 magna aswell. was wondering if you have the manual or know somebody who might have it..need it desperately..

Cookie
1st August 2006, 08:32
[...] was wondering if you have the manual or know somebody who might have it[...]

Welcome to KB Lost In NZ!

I don't have a manual and I have not found one on the net. I have managed to muddle along so far but I could do with one myself.

I read in an Aussie forum that this shop in Melbourne has a manual for them http://www.peterstevens.com.au/

Let us know if you have any luck with them. :)

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 19:11
Anyone find a manual for the Magna yet? A friend suggested I have a looksy incase theres soemthing in there that might help me mod my exhausts.

McJim
25th April 2007, 19:25
The VTR and Magna are pretty excellent learner bikes - I wanted a Magna until I sat on it and didn't like the feeling of being so low - so I bought a VTR.

They downside is they're both pricey - the upside is they're reliable and they hold their value - you'll get a lot of your money back when you move to a larger capacity.

Best advice? Try 'em both then decide - the VTR250 is a very agile bike and it's agility has helped me avoid a lot of stupid cagers making poor judgement calls over the past 12 months.

Let yer arse decide.

The Lone Rider
25th April 2007, 19:31
Ta but I already have one, I'm just after a manual to have a nosey for stripping down the exhaust. I prefer low... low.. riddeer.... yeaaaaa :D

Hidalgo
27th April 2007, 16:13
PM me, anyone who's interested in a manual. I can arrange few. Cheers.

khoa9876
25th November 2007, 20:03
please send me a manual to my email: dlhindustry@gmail.com
Thanks much