PDA

View Full Version : Boy Racer Act

Sutage
4th March 2006, 10:41
hey

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/road/boyracerdetails.php
has anyone been done from this law?
what do they class as stunts? wheelies/stoppies?
how lenient are they if they get you?

Da Bird
4th March 2006, 10:48
hey

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/road/boyracerdetails.php
has anyone been done from this law?
what do they class as stunts? wheelies/stoppies?
how lenient are they if they get you?

Haven't been done for it but I have done other people for it! You wont find much lenience if you get caught. While vehicle impoundment is discretionary, 99% of the time your vehicle will be taken and you will find yourself in front of a judge.

Wheelies and stoppies would come more under Careless or Dangerous Driving, depending on the circumstances.

BC.

Sutage
4th March 2006, 10:50
ok so hypothetically(sp!) im racing a subaru or some other such thing
who would you pull over, me or the car? as both (if one) would not stop:P

Da Bird
4th March 2006, 10:54
ok so hypothetically(sp!) im racing a subaru or some other such thing
who would you pull over, me or the car? as both (if one) would not stop:P

I would take your rego and pull the car over, then come and see you at home. :yeah:

onearmedbandit
4th March 2006, 11:02
Yup, whhelies fall under careless/dangerous driving. Not that I'm speaking from experience...

spudchucka
4th March 2006, 14:25
, then come and see you at home. :yeah:
With a warrant to seize the car.....:weep:

COP_B8
4th March 2006, 14:46
Haven't been done for it but I have done other people for it! You wont find much lenience if you get caught. While vehicle impoundment is discretionary, 99% of the time your vehicle will be taken and you will find yourself in front of a judge.

Wheelies and stoppies would come more under Careless or Dangerous Driving, depending on the circumstances.

BC.

I was done for careless driving (admitidly before the boy racer act) for doing a stoppie at traffic lights, thought I was rather lucky to get away with just that considering the cop was on the bridge above me checking peoples speeds. Nowadays It just isnt worth being stupid. (ohhh... I almost sound mature):clap:

SwanTiger
4th March 2006, 14:49
There is a time and a place for everything.

peterjdaly
4th March 2006, 20:43
Yup, whhelies fall under careless/dangerous driving. Not that I'm speaking from experience...

That mono you did on Durham Street last year was all class OAB. What did the judge say, oh wise one? Did he say "Great Wheelie Dude" or did he say "Don't do it in front of three cops in future, bonehead":rolleyes: