PDA

View Full Version : Am I a bad person?

What?
9th April 2004, 21:03
Last night my mate rings me up. Says there is a sporting clay shoot on just down the road on Sunday, and am I going? "Yep, I'm in" I reply and the arrangements are made.
Then I tell mrs What? who points out that Sunday is our wedding anniversary. The guilt thing is tried (to little avail, I might add...).
Am I a bad person? Should I stay home with my wife all day, or should I go out and blow clay birds to little bits (well, that's the plan)?
I am going, anyway - just wondering what others think

Skyryder
9th April 2004, 21:12
She might be home when you get back but there will come a day when she will not. Count on it.

Skyryder

MD
9th April 2004, 21:21
Am I a bad person? Should I stay home with my wife all day, or should I go out and blow clay birds to little bits (well, that's the plan)?
Relax. If you were a bad person you would have shot your wife for interfering with your weekend of fun. They always do that guilt trip thing don't they. Remember, you're not suffering alone. Maybe there is a club for us unfairly picked on Husbands?

jrandom
9th April 2004, 21:36
sporting clay shoot ... wedding anniversary ... bad person ... I am going, anyway

I don't think you're a bad person, but your wife probably disagrees with me!

You're a brave man...

jrandom
9th April 2004, 21:39
If you were a bad person you would have shot your wife for interfering

I must remember that one for future reference.

Maybe there is a club for us unfairly picked on Husbands?

'Unfairly picked on husbands'? Half of that phrase is redundant...

Zed
9th April 2004, 22:05
Last night my mate rings me up. Says there is a sporting clay shoot on just down the road on Sunday, and am I going? "Yep, I'm in" I reply and the arrangements are made.
Then I tell mrs What? who points out that Sunday is our wedding anniversary. The guilt thing is tried (to little avail, I might add...).
Interesting question? Was it the voice of your wife who called you a bad person or the voice of your own conscience? :whistle:

Zed

Ms Piggy
9th April 2004, 22:27
Hmmmmmmmmm....well to be honest with ya mate if I was your wife I'd be pretty pissed. Oh hang on I get the feeling she is... <_<

The thing is that it's kind of an indication of your priorities (I can hear some of you boys groaning from here!)...spending time with your wife and celebrating your marriage or hanging out with your mates shooting shit.

I'm divorced and a huge part of that was b/c I wasn't made a priority - ok, ok so my example is possibly the extreme side of your question but it's a slippery slope buddy.

james
9th April 2004, 22:34
have to agree with the wife,days pretty special dude,hang on a mo,im seperated what the f///k do i no.

MikeL
9th April 2004, 22:45
Your wife had to point out to you that Sunday was your wedding anniversary? As in, "Omigod, I didn't realize, I had totally forgotten, why didn't you remind me earlier?" :Pokey:
Of course, given the alternatives:
EITHER: a day of togetherness and tender intimacy, a renewal of the vows of eternal love and devotion, laughter and joy, reminiscence of shared pleasures in the past, and earnest hopes for the future, a candlelit dinner, soft music...
OR: spending the day with mates shooting bits of clay into even smaller bits of clay
It's no contest, eh?
She'll get over it.

Jackrat
9th April 2004, 22:50
Nah mate your not a bad person,But ask your self this.How many times do you have a chance to shoot clays each year and how many times each year does your wife have a wedding anniversary.

Shade
9th April 2004, 22:51
Your wife had to point out to you that Sunday was your wedding anniversary? As in, "Omigod, I didn't realize, I had totally forgotten, why didn't you remind me earlier?" :Pokey:
Of course, given the alternatives:
EITHER: a day of togetherness and tender intimacy, a renewal of the vows of eternal love and devotion, laughter and joy, reminiscence of shared pleasures in the past, and earnest hopes for the future, a candlelit dinner, soft music...
OR: spending the day with mates shooting bits of clay into even smaller bits of clay
It's no contest, eh?
She'll get over it.

LOL
Cracked me up, good call :laugh:

Yarg
9th April 2004, 23:02
If you have an "off" who is more likely to be your nurse??

ya mate or ya wife??

Your call.

:whistle:

Ghost Lemur
9th April 2004, 23:15
I'd say you were a "bad Husband"* when your wife had to point out that Sunday was your Anniversary. By that stage you had already lost. So you might as well go. But if you're expecting "any" before your next anniversary you'd better get her the greatest gift ever.

*- Her phrase I take it, whether she had to actually say it or has her voice programmed into your head.

Racey Rider
10th April 2004, 08:14
First let me just change gear into "New age sensitive guy with a 99% understanding of a women" mode.

Clunk, clunk
urr,, that up shift can stick a bit
Clunk, Grinnnnd CLLunk

There thats got it!

RACEY!! How many times have I asked you to fix that Clutch?!

Right, What was the question? Arr yes.
I FEEL your pain Mrs What?. If only he knew, All you were wanting is to be asked to come clay shooting with him!! To spend that part of the day together would bring great result later wouldn't it Dear.

wildfire1
10th April 2004, 08:47
Mmmmmm....
I don't know if your a bad person or not, but i do know choosing not to spend your Anniversary with your wife is unlikley to bring you too much joy.

Think about it this way (and I'm not being sexist), In a relationship - when the woman is happy - than man is almost always happy too. :laugh:

It's one of those nature things! :brick: :brick:

georgedubyabush
10th April 2004, 08:50
Yes, spend some time with the poor woman.
I'm sure there'll be all sorts of little bits of clay that need 'tidying up'.

Firefight
10th April 2004, 08:56
Hey What, well I have meet you and your lovely wife, I know your not a bad person and I am sure she will understand, but how about you go out and shoot the shit out of the clay thingys and then take her into TGA for a romantic dinner., one of those yuppie water side cafe/reastaraunt places....

Good luck and good shooting

Firefight... :sunny:

bane
10th April 2004, 09:00
What?
Are you nuts?
What the hell r u thinking?

If u go through with this shoot, do u realise how often this will be bought up?

A moments pleasure for years of pain... or am I confusing this situation with :baby: ...

James Deuce
10th April 2004, 09:01
You're not a bad person; You're a dead person.

merv
10th April 2004, 09:17
The point is you should have damn well remembered the anniversary and you should have already sorted out the present, dinner etc.

Like did you forget it was Easter too which only comes around once a year? Do you remember other things?

You may not be a bad person, just a forgetful bastard.

laRIKin
10th April 2004, 09:52
Mmmmmm....
Think about it this way (and I'm not being sexist), In a relationship - when the woman is happy - than man is almost always happy too. :laugh:

It's one of those nature things! :brick: :brick:

I agree, as the way it was told to me. after I gave my mate crap about buying
flowers for his partner.

If she's happy, I maybe happy.
If she's unhappy, I'm most likely to be very unhappy as well.
Also not trying to be sexist. :whistle:

k14
10th April 2004, 11:11
Hmmm, wonder why he hasn't replied yet.

bungbung
10th April 2004, 17:05
Simple,

"Darling, to celebrate our anniversary, I've organised an exciting day in the great outdoors for us both, you like clay shooting?"

forgetting about the fact you've been found out...

Wonko
10th April 2004, 17:57
He hasn't replied because Mrs What? thought that target practice was a great thing to do. Unfortuanatly for What? he was the target :devil2:

What?
10th April 2004, 19:58
Nah - hadn't replied coz hadn't been online.

Actually, I had not forgotten the anniversary at all, just had no plans for the day. Mrs What? has plans for an all-day gardening session, which interests me not.

Firefight is 126% correct...

But thanks for the interesting replies boys and girls. I am actually much more devoted than the original post might have implied. Honest, I am.

KATWYN
10th April 2004, 20:23
Well my husband and I have been married 7 years, and been together 8.5 years.We love each other totally - On our recent anniversary day my mother
'n' law turns up late afternoon with wine and flowers. Hubby and I look at each other wondering "ohhh whats the occassion?" then we click......oh thats right. (then we both felt awful for forgetting!)

Maybe its the whole external sociatal expectation thing.....

....Or we aren't "the average normal couple "....

''What', you are not a bad person by any means - everybody is different and
if it is upsetting her....then maybe its the wrong thing to do to choose clay
birds over a flesh and blood bird

FROSTY
10th April 2004, 23:05
why not do both -take her with you for an hours shooting --on you way to a posh lunch.
I'd cover up the faux pa and organise that lunch pretty fast

Skyryder
11th April 2004, 19:48
WHAT did you do??????

Skyryder

750Y
11th April 2004, 20:46
Mrs What? has plans for an all-day gardening session

LOL, it TAKES all day to dig a grave with one of those hand trowels. 8-)

What?
12th April 2004, 19:35
WHAT did you do??????

Skyryder
I went shooting, Wife went gardening and got her hair done.
Then we had a nice dinner.
After that is none of your business...
Today we bought Mrs What? a new car (well, new by our standards)

Katwyn - she wasn't upset at all. After all, I didn't forget our anniversary, we just didn't spend the whole day together. Much like most people, I guess

Motu
12th April 2004, 19:45
I forgot my wedding anniversary the day after we got married,my wife did too,not a day we both want to remember - but we both remember the day we took off together,that was fun!

Ms Piggy
12th April 2004, 20:13
I went shooting, Wife went gardening and got her hair done.
Then we had a nice dinner.
After that is none of your business...
Today we bought Mrs What? a new car (well, new by our standards)

Katwyn - she wasn't upset at all. After all, I didn't forget our anniversary, we just didn't spend the whole day together. Much like most people, I guess

Glad to hear it all worked out perfectly :hug: Yep I'm one of the ones who guessed that things weren't nearly as rosie as they appear to have been. although it's kinda worded that way. :)

Btw - how long have you been married?

What?
13th April 2004, 19:47
Glad to hear it all worked out perfectly :hug: Yep I'm one of the ones who guessed that things weren't nearly as rosie as they appear to have been. although it's kinda worded that way. :)

Btw - how long have you been married?
6 yrs. Long time by today's standards!!!
Yeah, the original post was worded like things weren't that flash. It's just smoke and mirrors designed to generate interesting replies. It worked, too.

Now, here is the definition of "in the shit": A guy I know (we will call him Phil, coz that's his name) forgot his FIRST anniversary. Wifey was tres unimpressed, and no amount of bullshit, bluff or excuses helped at all. :whistle:

Lou Girardin
13th April 2004, 20:35
A new car? You got off lightly.
Lou

What?
14th April 2004, 18:59
Words of experience, Lou?