PDA

View Full Version : Forked Out For Some Decent Leathers

DirtMad
4th March 2006, 19:06
Have been riddin` around a couple of times in some jeans and dodgy clothing, but didnt feel very safe, especially since being a learner to road riding. I think its a big mental step you have to make as a L rider to spend some big bucks on decent leathers...

Scored a one piece minotaur suit off TonyB for a real sharp price. Id just like to say special thanks to Tony for his help (all my dumb ass questions) , one of the most helpful and friendly guys Ive dealt with in the bike industry thus far.

Im not used to wearing leathers yet, but they are a nice firm fit. (I even managed to fall asleep on the couch in them, whilst trying them on for comfort fit) Very nice product: good quality and slight bling too.

I do however, feel alot safer out on the road in them. Got out for my first decent ride today after getting the bike, rode out on some winding westy back roads. With all the armour and padding, I think its inevitable that one day Im gonna need it...

Lovin` it - DM :hug:

TonyB
4th March 2006, 20:31
Dodgy clothing eh? No wonder you were in such a hurry to get some new gear!
Glad you like them. Your certainly not going to want for protection with that suit on.
Thanks for posting mate, every little bit helps.

Toast
5th March 2006, 07:57
Looks good DM, always bet on black for style.

Sniper
5th March 2006, 09:55
Well done matey. They are damn good leathers. I own a two peice and must say, one of the best buys Ive ever done.

ZeroIndex
6th March 2006, 08:19
K, here's probably a fairly relevant question: I just bought a Kinetic/Hyosung GF170, gear I have at the moment is any pants that I am currently wearing, and my Hallensteins 'biker' style jacket (looks like leather, but you can never be sure) and Quasimoto race gloves (from QuasiEvil). Anyway, as soon as I sell my car (next couple of weeks hopefully), I'm gonna buy proper gear. I've been looking at the new shipment of gear that Quasi is bringing in, and just as a matter of personal opinion, would it be lame for me to be wearing full leathers on a low cc bike, since I'll be able to afford it, or should I just get some draggin jeans and a synthetic jacket?

I would prefer to get the Quasi Leathers, but would I look like too much of a try-hard?

ps: DON'T MOCK ME!!! thanks :)

sAsLEX
6th March 2006, 08:25
Personally would talk about this in another thread as this is about Tony's Minatour brand, but you would look like more of a dick covered in Road rash and sporting some luvely casts than you ever would in full leathers. Get a 2 piece if need be so you can wear the jacket with draggins etc

Fishy
6th March 2006, 08:30
Very smart move DM!, leather saves skin :niceone:

imdying
6th March 2006, 08:32
would it be lame for me to be wearing full leathers on a low cc bike, since I'll be able to afford it, or should I just get some draggin jeans and a synthetic jacket?

ps: DON'T MOCK ME!!! thanks :)Why the hell would you care what the misinformed or misguided think about your safety? Forget them, protect your ass!

ZeroIndex
6th March 2006, 08:41
Sorry about that... very nice gear DirtMad.

sAsLEX: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=531828#post531828 started my own thread here.

ZeroIndex
6th March 2006, 08:43
Why the hell would you care what the misinformed or misguided think about your safety? Forget them, protect your ass!
HAHAHA, I was hoping for someone to say that. Thanks :p

texmo
6th March 2006, 08:57
Where are your knee sliders????

sAsLEX
6th March 2006, 09:03
Where are your knee sliders????

who needs them, mine are still nice and new!

kiwifruit
6th March 2006, 09:09
good move dirtmad :Punk:
i am waiting for my leathers to come...... this week i hope!

texmo
6th March 2006, 09:27
who needs them, mine are still nice and new!
Its teh sprots bike you need the slider so you can be cool and squid it up, Dover found a new use for his, stability. when he lane splits he just rests his knee on the car next to him.

ZeroIndex
6th March 2006, 10:29
Its teh sprots bike you need the slider so you can be cool and squid it up, Dover found a new use for his, stability. when he lane splits he just rests his knee on the car next to him.
AHA!!! so that's the other use... LOL, can you imagine the nice marks the titanium spikey knee sliders would leave on cars? (refering to the ones like in Torque when they're doing the twisties in the intro)

DirtMad
6th March 2006, 13:56
Temporarily took the knee sliders off, as Im not quite the performance "knee down" kinda road rider yet... lol. The pants knee area actually feels more comfy with the sliders off too. I decided to buy from TonyB as I liked the look and quality of his gear for a low-mid rate price.
Yes, the thought of looking like a poser, or try-hard in one piece racing leathers had crossed my mind, esp being a learner on a gutless 250cc bike... Thats, partly why I removed the sliders (lets be realistic here). But I thought - fuck it, I wont have the 250 forever, and the leathers wont look out of place on a zx6r or R6 in 12 months time...
So I thought - better to buy a set straight up that my hide is happy with :cool:

Deviant Esq
6th March 2006, 18:10
And will protect you well to boot. I bought the two piece set off Tony (through Canterbury Rides) around two weeks ago, and like you I'm impressed with the product. Should do the job required of it if and when the moment we all dread comes. But at least it looks the business too! :niceone: