PDA

View Full Version : wheelies on 250

Acid
6th March 2006, 09:17
is it possible to do a wheelie on a gsx250 ??
and was wondering if there was any1 in auckland region who could show me, give few tips.

Ixion
6th March 2006, 09:24
You can wheelie anthing. I could wheelie my Yamaha 50 - accidentally , and I even managed a rather feeble one on a Hobby scooter (with auto transmission too !).

Question is , why? Roads don't usually have fallen logs, rocks, banks to get over, so what's the point of trying to do something whose only effect is to reduce the control you have of your machine ?

Street motorcycles are manufactured to be ridden with two wheels on the road, stick to riding them as intended.

bugjuice
6th March 2006, 09:24
tis possible.. Dveus does them on his (I think)..

roll on a little in first, accelerate hard and just before the power comes on blip the clutch (pull it in and let it out) to build the revs, and give it a tug, and in theory it'll come up. In practice, it'll take a lot of messin to get it right.

that's kind of a generic way of doing it for most bikes. There may be more specific tricks to get your bike up..

texmo
6th March 2006, 09:29
Have fun killing your clutch, you cant really learn on a 250. I think death has done them on LB's zxr

N4CR
6th March 2006, 10:04
But like affman said you can't! It must be impossible then.. right?

No.. you can wheelie anything, just gotta try!

Fishy
6th March 2006, 10:11
I use to be able to wheelie my old CBR250RR. I stuck a bigger rear sprocket on it which helped a bit and always used a huge handful of clutch in first. With a passenger I got into second a few times and held it up for a few seconds then it ran out of power and came down.

erik
6th March 2006, 11:35
what I was doing on the Zeal on sunday was rolling along as slow as I could while staying balanced, hold the clutch in with the bike in first gear, rev to 10,000rpm and then dump the clutch.

You should probably try revving to just 5000 for a start (might not actually do anything) and gradually work your way up to whatever rpm your bike requires. It could be different to the Zeal.

That should get the front wheel off the ground. I haven't gotten to the point of keeping it off the ground for any length of time yet though.

DEATH_INC.
6th March 2006, 18:27
Start on someone elses 250.......roll along at about 30-40k, rev 'er to redline and dump the clutch while pulling on the bars, it'll come up no worries but they're a bit tricky to keep up for long......