PDA

View Full Version : Akl Thurs Night Ride and Drinks 9th March @ TAKE NOTE: 6.30pm

Qkchk
6th March 2006, 11:23
What: A romp in the Northern Valleys
When: Thursday night after work on the 9TH March
Where: Meeting @ Shell Westgate (at the end of the North Western M/Way)
Why: Because there is more to motorcycling than just talking about it
Time: Meeting there from 6.30pm departing @ 7pm SHARP
- Not much daylight left now
Pace: Experienced / Faster riders only please. There is only 1 of me to direct the route and I cant wait all night. (like last week...)

The route will be discussed on the night. For those worried about distance/time the ride will last for approx 1hr and is 70kms long. We start at Westgate and finish up at the old Albany Pub. Even if you cant make the ride, how about joining us at the pub?

Remember this ride is WEATHER PERMITTING - I will post up in the thread if it is postponed due to weather. I will decide on the day and post after 5pm.

Disclaimer: You participate on this ride at your own risk. I will not be held accoundable for anyones actions, to/from and during the ride.

Blackbuell
6th March 2006, 11:26
I will be there.

Qkchk
6th March 2006, 11:28
You picked a good time to not come on a Thurs night run, mate. You missed all the action. ;)

DMNTD
6th March 2006, 11:30
Oh you just know I'm gonna be there Qkchk :ride:
Just hoping that I can keep up with you lot :shifty:

Qkchk
6th March 2006, 11:31
Oh you just know I'm gonna be there Qkchk :ride:
Just hoping that I can keep up with you lot :shifty:
Well I DID say Experienced AND FASTER RIDERS...............:finger: :bleh:

bugjuice
6th March 2006, 11:33
man, you like to cut it fine..
will try to make it, most likely meet where i was last time if I have kelly on the back, else I'll meet you at Shell if it's just me..

Blackbuell
6th March 2006, 11:34
You picked a good time to not come on a Thurs night run, mate. You missed all the action. ;)

sounds as though you had a bit of fun,just ggod to hear he was not to badly hurt,maybe just his pride Eh:(

DMNTD
6th March 2006, 11:35
Well I DID say Experienced AND FASTER RIDERS...............:finger: :bleh:

Hey you...I do happen to be in possesion of one UNBENT Custard...and no not your bent Custard either :rolleyes: :corn:

Qkchk
6th March 2006, 11:37
man, you like to cut it fine..
will try to make it, most likely meet where i was last time if I have kelly on the back, else I'll meet you at Shell if it's just me..
I was VERY tempted to can the whole thing, BUT Ive got this pimple on my arse called TLRider............:rofl:

I was going to make it a 'invite only' but thats not in the KB spirit is it? (Part of the ride is to meet other riders etc...)

Lazy7
6th March 2006, 11:41
so you saying being able to do the speed limit isn't going to be quick enough for this ride?

bugjuice
6th March 2006, 11:46
ooooo technicalities..

DMNTD
6th March 2006, 12:28
I was VERY tempted to can the whole thing, BUT Ive got this pimple on my arse called TLRider....:rofl:

Oh I laughed until I stopped :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....:angry:

Lazy7
6th March 2006, 13:19
ooooo technicalities..

hahaha. i wont say anymore

Acid
6th March 2006, 13:42
how fast is faster

Zed
6th March 2006, 13:46
Despite several mishaps on last weeks run i did enjoy myself, so i'll be a starter again this week. :ride:

Lazy7
6th March 2006, 14:01
how fast is faster

well when i wasn't looking after my mate on his new hyosung i was keeping up okay. didn't really need to go *much* faster than legal stuff.

but to be honest - i just get a kick out of riding, not riding fast.

if its the same loop as last time, i wont need road markers as i am pretty good at remembering where to go.

boomer
6th March 2006, 15:32
You lot aren't fast... stop blowing that trumpet :whistle:

See ya at the pub :drinknsin

SixPackBack
6th March 2006, 18:43
Twin Custards...watch out!:shutup: C U there folks

SPman
6th March 2006, 21:30
Hey you...I do happen to be in possesion of one UNBENT Custard...and no not your bent Custard either :rolleyes: :corn:
They seem to be a vanishing breed...............:whistle:

texmo
7th March 2006, 02:20
Twin Custards...watch out!:shutup: C U there folks
I will be there to give you the learn old man:dodge:

make sure you bring that new fella along TAFKAD.

DMNTD
7th March 2006, 15:03
They seem to be a vanishing breed....:whistle:

Cheeky freck'n bugger :bash:
S'pose I'd best hurry up and bin to take advantage of all these yella parts eh? :nono:

Zed
7th March 2006, 15:24
...make sure you bring that new fella along TAFKAD.TAKFAD no longer exists on this database. :shutup:

SwanTiger
7th March 2006, 15:31
I've seriously been thinking about attaching a mast and sail to my bike to really take advantage of those side winds and maybe keep up with you lot on the straights.

You'll see me there no doubt.

The_Dover
7th March 2006, 15:56
TAKFAD no longer exists on this database. :shutup:

She was cruelly cut down in her prime.

texmo
7th March 2006, 15:58
TAKFAD no longer exists on this database. :shutup:
the arsehole formly knowen as dover...:Pokey:

Zed
7th March 2006, 16:01
the arsehole formly knowen as dover...:Pokey:Hmmm someone told me they thought she/he is Skyryder!:thud:

texmo
7th March 2006, 16:16
some one lies

justsomeguy
7th March 2006, 16:19
To make all you guys look fast and experienced- I'll come along and do some slow and shabby riding.

By the way do you'll mind riding regardless of the weather conditions? - Just to make things more interesting?

justsomeguy
7th March 2006, 16:22
the arsehole formly knowen as dover...:Pokey:

Oh - so was that who it was.......;)

SwanTiger
7th March 2006, 16:53
To make all you guys look fast and experienced- I'll come along and do some slow and shabby riding.

By the way do you'll mind riding regardless of the weather conditions? - Just to make things more interesting?

I don't mind if the roads are wet, however I can't be bothered 'actively' riding in the rain.

justsomeguy
7th March 2006, 17:02
I don't mind if the roads are wet, however I can't be bothered 'actively' riding in the rain.

Gotta learn someday matey, LooseBruce is the fastest in the wet KB rider I know off - maybe you should ask him for some tips.

Wicked vid in the other thread :done:

texmo
7th March 2006, 17:10
Gotta learn someday matey, LooseBruce is the fastest in the wet KB rider I know off - maybe you should ask him for some tips.

Its called having balls, if you cant ride fast in the dry you dont have a chnace in the wet...

SwanTiger
7th March 2006, 17:12

I'm fine in the wet. My reservation is about being wet. I can't be fucked 'actively' going out to get wet when I have no reason to. Does that make sense?

justsomeguy
7th March 2006, 17:17
Its called having balls, if you cant ride fast in the dry you dont have a chnace in the wet...

Yeah, no hope for me then.......:slap:

See you on Thursday Rossi.:cool:

justsomeguy
7th March 2006, 17:20
I'm fine in the wet. My reservation is about being wet. I can't be fucked 'actively' going out to get wet when I have no reason to. Does that make sense?

You buy some pants yet?? Preferably with hard armour??

motobob
7th March 2006, 18:24
Add another Custard to the mix. I shall be there.

R6_kid
7th March 2006, 18:28
You buy some pants yet?? Preferably with hard armour??

is that as a protective barrier for when you come up behind him? Why do you make it so hard for yourself? Do you enjoy the challenge?

justsomeguy
7th March 2006, 18:58
Why do you make it so hard for yourself? Do you enjoy the challenge?
Na this time I was being serious. Life's to bloody busy atm:brick: ........ got no time for much banter....

Traditionally the Thu night rides have been "open paced" and some of the younger fellas have tried to play catch the 600 or 1000's.

I don't want ANY kb'er binning it. After seeing pics of his wounds in the Pizza night thread I hoped he had done what needed doing.

:angry2: look at the time........

got to run........ :spudwave:

Qkkid
7th March 2006, 19:22
settle down ya little shit :Oops: :yeah: :bash: :finger: my custard is shinnier and brand newagains :whistle: and just as pretty as your custard when me finished with it mr prettyboy sorry i mean mr tlrider

DMNTD
8th March 2006, 07:46
settle down ya little shit :Oops: :yeah: :bash: :finger: my custard is shinnier and brand newagains :whistle: and just as pretty as your custard when me finished with it mr prettyboy sorry i mean mr tlrider

Ooooooooh I'm in! I thought I saw the twinkle in ya eye the other night in the hot tub you big chunk of manlyness :blip:
So it's all shiney and new eh? Good one mate :first:
...I guess you'll be riding on thursday night then eh :shake: :love:

FROSTY
8th March 2006, 08:22
I'd come along But you guys awl ride soooo fast I cant keep up :no:
Baby Bikie

justsomeguy
8th March 2006, 08:41
Baby Bikie

Don't worry, I'll be going, so you can come and walk infront of me until we catch up with them at the pub.

SwanTiger
8th March 2006, 10:43
Baby Bikie

You need to get dad to fit a NOS bottle to your bike, then you can give us all ... the learn

FROSTY
8th March 2006, 11:01
are you kidding--he already rides faster on the (closed to the public:innocent: ) road than I do

Qkchk
8th March 2006, 19:42
Traditionally the Thu night rides have been "open paced" and some of the younger fellas have tried to play catch the 600 or 1000's.

I don't want ANY kb'er binning it. After seeing pics of his wounds in the Pizza night thread I hoped he had done what needed doing.

My point exactly.

I have a couple of reasons for being discrimative for this weeks ride:

1. As stated in my first post on this thread

- There is only 1 of me, (thankgod for that) unless you wannna give me a hand every now and then I cant keep a huge group together and direct it at the same time. (Even tho there is a small group who have been my saviours) If you think there shouldnt be so many intersections/turnoffs/deviations then maybe we should all go on the motorway?! :angry:

2. As in my point above in #1, if you give the group instructions, nobody listens. I gave the basic instruction 'Go straight through at an intersection unless there is someone to direct you' (which is only me remember....)when I was the last through to the intersection (where everyone should of stopped to regroup) nobody was there.

3. Im not trying to sound anul here but this ride was intended for a blat after work. My concerns are that the newbies (even tho they were invited) were starting to turn up in their numbers. I dont mind 2 or 3 but when there are nearly as many newbs as there are standard riders...... well you get the picture. A very slow ride.

I just dont want to be known as the member 'who organises rides with bins'

My 10cents worth. Let the shit flinging / constructive dicussion begin! :dodge:

Qkchk
8th March 2006, 19:45
...I guess you'll be riding on thursday night then eh :shake: :love: [/B]
3 Custards is bad enough!

Nah it will be a while til he mounts his trusty stead again..... gotta get those wires out of the bone first.........

SwanTiger
8th March 2006, 19:54
Just Some Guy, all the road crashes I have had occured due to mechanical failures, not my inability to navigate a road. You seem to be preaching a bit too much.

Qkchk, fair enough, however according to my observations those who crashed were not newbies. The first guy who crashed may of been a newbie, but I don't think he was even part of KB. But I get your point about waiting... with me, you can just fuck off if I drag behind, I'll find the pub eventually.

I think a solution might be to pick one or two good riders that can float around and spot the people pushing it and maybe a bit of "warning" can be passed when we stop at intersections, etc. Nothing too spastic.

Qkchk
8th March 2006, 19:56
Well ya damned if you do and youre damned if you dont. :moon:

Keystone19
8th March 2006, 19:57
I s'pose if you get enough people who know the route and are willing enough you could break into two groups - a faster one and a slower one - choose your group at your own peril.

THis would kind of rely on the good will of those willing to guide the slower group...:eek5:

bugjuice
8th March 2006, 19:59
Qkchk - can I offer 2¢?

You are leading the ride, right?
Every time I've been leading, I carry on leading thru-out the ride. I've always been on rides like this too.

You instruct the bike behind you, to wait at the junction, while you carry on leading. Then you don't have to play catch up to the front (which is nigh on impossible on a quick ride) so you can point the next junction. Get someone else to wait, and make sure the group know that whoever is last, knows they are last, and signals the person waiting, that they are the last bike. Then we don't have several groups wondering the country side.
It also cycles the second rider too, and gives the group more of a mix up

SwanTiger
8th March 2006, 20:05
If you like I can lead a slow group QkChk, I know most of the roads around there so if you just mark out the route for me before hand there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm guessing 100km/h - 120km/h to be the slow group. Any slower and JSG will have to lead them :D

Keystone19
8th March 2006, 20:07
Swantiger, it really depends on who is in the slow group. If you're going to lead a slow group then you have to be prepared to ride a fair bit slower than that and be very patient. You get a newbie with 2 or 3 weeks under their belt then 100-120 is not realistic for some of them.

SwanTiger
8th March 2006, 20:11
Slow is fine, so long as I have a nice arse to stare at.

Keystone19
8th March 2006, 20:12
Honey, you can stare at my nice arse anytime you like, you just have to catch me first...

texmo
8th March 2006, 20:16
If I dont have to give back the scooter I will come on the ride (my engine mount is bent other wise I wouldnt mind directing the fast group) I dont mind doing my bit dawn...

bugjuice
8th March 2006, 20:16
is this an open invitation ks..? cos i can just slow right down..

Qkchk
8th March 2006, 20:22
I like Buggys idea and Ive seen him use it in the past too. I have tried that same approach before and dunno why I havent done it since. Probaly the best thing is to discuss this tomorrow night and see how it goes. As long as you have the tail end charlie the same all the way through it's almost a no-brainer.

Keystone19
8th March 2006, 20:28
is this an open invitation ks..? cos i can just slow right down..

Buggy, you already have carte blanche access to my derriere...

Big Dave
8th March 2006, 20:40
>>Buggy, you already have carte blanche access to my derriere...<<

I'n hav ing ttroubll typin g.

bugjuice
8th March 2006, 20:59
qkchk - we can quickly run over it again tomorrow if you like. But not totally sure if I'm meeting you at Shell, or the road I was at last time.. Just point at the spot you want the second rider to sit, and they wait there until someone takes over, or the last person signals they are the last bike..

ks -

:woohoo:

chickenfunkstar
8th March 2006, 21:55
Might be keen to join you fullas if the weather is good.

QKCHK - As long as you say what the final destination is, I doubt anyones gonna get that annoyed if they get left behind, particularly if you've said you'd prefer faster / experianced riders. No matter what happens on rides you happen to organise, no one's gonna remember you as the member 'who organises rides with bins'.

No point in worrying about stuff which isn't your fault / you can't control.

Blackbuell
8th March 2006, 22:19
Its down to every rider to ride with in your limits,yeah we can all go fast,but if you dont know the roads you are riding on,why would you want to try & keep up with someone that does.i have been on 2 organised rides by Qkchk,she does a fine job,yeah sure we have rode quite fast,but no-one has binned,cause we rode with in our limits,we have to take responsability for our selfs,Qkchk you are doing a great job organising these rides,all you have to do is delegate a leader for the group&a tail end charlie,as long as riders know where we are finishing,don't worry about it.

Zed
8th March 2006, 22:41
Its down to every rider to ride with in your limits,yeah we can all go fast,but if you dont know the roads you are riding on,why would you want to try & keep up with someone that does.i have been on 2 organised rides by Qkchk,she does a fine job,yeah sure we have rode quite fast,but no-one has binned,cause we rode with in our limits,we have to take responsability for our selfs,Qkchk you are doing a great job organising these rides,all you have to do is delegate a leader for the group&a tail end charlie,as long as riders know where we are finishing,don't worry about it.Well said. Not only do bikers get into trouble when they ride too fast on roads they don't know, but also riding with complete strangers whose style/pace you are not familiar with can be a trap for new players! I enjoy group riding with the same KB faces cos after a while there is a common knowledge & respect gained of one anothers riding. :niceone:

SwanTiger
8th March 2006, 22:58
Well said. Not only do bikers get into trouble when they ride too fast on roads they don't know, but also riding with complete strangers whose style/pace you are not familiar with can be a trap for new players! I enjoy group riding with the same KB faces cos after a while there is a common knowledge & respect gained of one anothers riding. :niceone:

Yep I agree Zed.

From all the rides I have done with you on the list there is one bold lesson I've learnt. You're always somewhere far far ahead of me. So you could say I'm pretty familiar with your riding style.

Zed
8th March 2006, 23:04
From all the rides I have done with you on the list there is one bold lesson I've learnt. You're always somewhere far far ahead of me. So you could say I'm pretty familiar with your riding style.Lol, we'll make an experienced TEC (tail end charlie) out of ya yet swantiger, and i'll have you know that I quite often adjust my riding speed according to who i'm riding with. There was this one KB ride believe it or not where I didn't exceed over 80kmph from Shell Westgate all the way up to Kaukapkapa - now that's sacrifice!! :rolleyes:

justsomeguy
8th March 2006, 23:04
Just Some Guy, all the road crashes I have had occured due to mechanical failures, not my inability to navigate a road. You seem to be preaching a bit too much.

I was talking about KB'ers in general.

I'm sure none of your crashes were your fault, afterall you're the fella who said he'd give Motoracer the learn through the twisties.

I'm guessing 100km/h - 120km/h to be the slow group. Any slower and JSG will have to lead them :D

Naa most bikes will fall over at the pace I ride, most people can't even walk that slow, I hope you guys don't fall asleep waiting for me to turn up at intersections.

DMNTD
9th March 2006, 07:37
... As in my point above, if you give the group instructions, nobody listens.

...Im not trying to sound anal here but this ride was intended for a blat after work...

There inlies ya prob there mate...you organise and most of the others don't seem to want to listen which must be frustrating for you when as you said it's about a blat after "work":confused:...well ummmmmm :killingme
I'll do my bestest to keep up tonight ok QkChk and and and I will listen...I will ya know :ride:

Lazy7
9th March 2006, 08:59
I'm gonna sit this one out. i liked riding with you guys, but still not confident enough... and its not a problem with the riding... its a problem with knowing my own limitations.

last time i got all swept up with the idea of keeping up with you guys instead of paying attention to what i was actually doing... and i was doing quite a bit! :scooter: hehe. :wait:

so i'll give myself a couple more weeks and next time i shouldn't be 'overcome' by the red haze and try and ride at twice the pace i normally would.

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 09:02
a ZX7 isn't something to get carried away on..
crack one off before the ride, it'll settle your testosterone and you won't be so competitive. It's something that's easily done subconsciously. The real test, is making a conscious decision to pull back and realise what you're doing. Or force yourself to slow down, by not riding with the quicker paced riders.
Speed will come with experience. It's not something you wake up with

SixPackBack
9th March 2006, 09:13
a ZX7 isn't something to get carried away on..
crack one off before the ride, it'll settle your testosterone and you won't be so competitive. It's something that's easily done subconsciously. The real test, is making a conscious decision to pull back and realise what you're doing. Or force yourself to slow down, by not riding with the quicker paced riders.
Speed will come with experience. It's not something you wake up with

Masturbation...Buggys catch all answer for every eventuality :killingme

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 09:14
why not....?
it's fun, it's something that most can do, and it stops you bein hot headed.. win win really..

It just gets a bit much when at the start of a ride, you have a group session before the ride..

Keystone19
9th March 2006, 09:43
Lazy7: Not all of us find the need to 'keep up with the boys' necessary (although always possible...:devil2:).

I will be riding tonight and I will probably not be riding hard. You're welcome to join me at the back.

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 09:59
the best experience is group experience too, just be aware of your limitations and enjoy the ride, don't scare your shitless, cos it isn't as fun

anyway, i'll be nearer the back, I have a pillion tonight, so I won't be goin that quick anyway.
I think the point of the 'quicker riders', is that some newbs still take a while, and don't know where they're going all the time, so it just holds things up a bit. Come along anyway, and just remember to chill

Zed
9th March 2006, 10:00
You're welcome to join me at the back.Hmmm changed your mind about being T.E.C huh Jill? :msn-wink:

DMNTD
9th March 2006, 10:08
:killingme OK Buggie ya prolly right there but another excersise to try is called self control. (all puns intended)
Who cares how fast others are Lazy7...there'll always be better/faster riders than you...and them :yeah:
Group riding is the duck's nuts mate,hope to see you tonight :niceone:

PS: Weather report from any Aucklanders please

SwanTiger
9th March 2006, 10:15
Lazy7, group like this can sometimes be a good way to learn and to develop your own riding style. What I usually do is find a rider who is at a pace I'm comfortable with or a little bit faster and follow them. I watch their lines and try figure out what their doing right and wrong, then try out stuff myself.

As JSG mentioned above about motoracer, I don't recall saying the shit he is going on about, but at a couple of points I did get to watch motoracer take corners. One of the things I learnt from watching him was momentum. I went on to develop it in my head while doing the Thursday night rides and being on a 250cc bike, it really helps.

Every rider has something about their style you can adapt to or learn from.

SwanTiger
9th March 2006, 10:18
Weather report from any Aucklanders please

North Westerlies.

Bit of cloud around, can see some blue sky however and the Sun is currently out and shining into my office.

Roads should be perfect by tonight if the RAIN stays away.

DMNTD
9th March 2006, 10:21
North Westerlies.
Bit of cloud around, can see some blue sky however and the Sun is currently out and shining into my office.
Roads should be perfect by tonight if the road stays away.

Cheers mate,appreciated. A HUGE torrent of rain has only just finished 15mins ago here so thought it wise to check but it appears to be a goer as long as "the road stays away" :slap: :lol:

Cibby
9th March 2006, 11:03
i cant be arsed reading all this but if you need a hand directing or whateva then I can help dawn. :)

and postie to :P

R6_kid
9th March 2006, 13:18
just checked the rain radar... looks like we should be sweet.

Will go out and have a look at 4.30 for those interested.

I can pretty much see the general area from westgate around the west to albany from my parents bedroom so should have a fair idea of what we'll be getting into.

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 13:20
you're in your parents bedroom? sicko..

looks like i'll be meeting you lot at that road/junction again like last time. I'll wait for the roars of the engines!

chickenfunkstar
9th March 2006, 13:26
just checked the rain radar... looks like we should be sweet.

Will go out and have a look at 4.30 for those interested.

I can pretty much see the general area from westgate around the west to albany from my parents bedroom so should have a fair idea of what we'll be getting into.

Look as in check if old north rd etc are still there?

Keystone19
9th March 2006, 13:53
Roads are dry and in working order...

Zed: Umm, yeah, might not go T.E.C. tonight...

Big Dave
9th March 2006, 13:57
Every rider has something about their style you can adapt to or learn from.

Lots of times it's what NOT to do.

chickenfunkstar
9th March 2006, 14:09
Roads are dry and in working order...

Zed: Umm, yeah, might not go T.E.C. tonight...

I'm not sure if I believe you. I might have to check for myself :ride:

R6_kid
9th March 2006, 14:11
lol yeh CFS... i can see out to the top of the hills at the westcoast (well atleast what the weather is doing) from upstairs.

And buggy, our house is kinda screwed up, only the bedroom and bathroom upstairs... so i have to go into their bedroom to see out the windows. Anyway you know me - im not *that* dodgey ;)

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 14:15
see, by justifying it, you're guilty..

Zed
9th March 2006, 14:31
see, by justifying it, you're guilty..Oh go get a room you two, and preferably not gareths parent's lol. :pinch:

Drunken Monkey
9th March 2006, 14:45
the best experience is group experience too,

Does that also apply to Buggy's masturbation therapy?

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 14:49
I'm not at liberty to say SM, but I wouldn't be the only one smiling..

And Zed, I'm bored of Gareth's parents' bedroom..

R6_kid
9th March 2006, 15:06

tis fine with me, me and your missus are enjoying yours atm :wari:

R6_kid
9th March 2006, 15:11
oh yeh, the weather is overcast with a bit of the low lying stuff... doesnt look like rain at the moment but theres still 2.5hrs to go...

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 15:11
could ya finish the washing up when you're done then? been meaning to get round to that..

Qkkid
9th March 2006, 15:24
I'm not at liberty to say SM, but I wouldn't be the only one smiling..

how the hell did this topic happen :Oi: :Offtopic: :weird: :slap: :p

Blackbuell
9th March 2006, 15:39
looks as though the rain might pass,get gareth to check out his parents bedroom again,the rain radar dosn,t see as far??

R6_kid
9th March 2006, 15:42
rain radar works, but it also picks up interference from the ocean, i usually compare that with a series set of the visual satelite images... but its always good to see what it looks like from the ground as the satellite info only updates every two hours...

Qkchk
9th March 2006, 15:49
Ok, OK. Ride is still on .................. I would say, at the worst we might get a few spots of drizzle but nothing major (fingers crossed). See ya lot @ 6.30pm! Dont be late - cant afford to waste the sunlight!

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 15:50
the ol' weather apps are showin rain..
which is gonna suck. i walked to work today..
If it's still dry when the bike rolls out the gargre, then i'm still comin.

SwanTiger
9th March 2006, 15:52
From my observations the wind has reduced by 60% - 70% however the skies are still overcast with no obvious threat of rain.

According to the long range forecast Saturday is suppose to be fine in most parts (around Auckland at least). So I'm guessing from this point on things will start to clear up and hopefully we have seen the last of the rain (for today at least).

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 16:04
well it's now raining (Takapuna). But looks like a shower, and I can already see some blue sky. Hopefully that pushes on thru..

justsomeguy
9th March 2006, 16:05
Ok, OK. Ride is still on ..................

:banana::banana::banana::wari::wari::wari:

See you homos and QkChk soon.

justsomeguy
9th March 2006, 16:07
well it's now raining (Takapuna). But looks like a shower, and I can already see some blue sky. Hopefully that pushes on thru..

Hmm 1.5 hours to the ride..............

I suppose you're gonna start :blank:ing-off now aren't you, you sick shit.:weird:

:pinch:

R6_kid
9th March 2006, 16:31
looking out the window it looks like the cloud is breaking a little, cant see what its doing up high in the distance but it looks to have more light than before.

I'd say it'd be 9/10 dry, so it'll be hit and miss as to whether we get rain... but going by yesterday we were dry when we got to out destination after a few minutes of torrential followed by 10minutes open road, high pace riding.

rain radar is looking good for a few hours so im gonna get sorted and ready to go.

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 17:10
it's nice and blue now.. no probs whatsoever wiv da weava

Zed
9th March 2006, 21:09
Another goodun 2nite tks Qkchk and all in attendance. Sorry i didn't manage to start with ya's at Westgate, got caught on cloud 9, doh! Joined the group part way along SH16 before the turnoff to Old Nth Rd. Good to see a good size group out again (approx 15+ bikes) and thankfully no mishaps this week!!

Nice burnout at the Albany pub Postie, and Texmo tks for the one wheel entertainment on the scoot, was a hoot! :banana:

SixPackBack
9th March 2006, 21:18
Superlative ride Qkchk..cheers:2thumbsup

justsomeguy
9th March 2006, 21:20
Thanks D good ride, hope Custard can join us next time. TLRider nice to meet you fella look forward to riding in your neck of the woods. Shot1Gun, cheers for the company home mate. I stopped on Sh1 to see what that biker was doing - he was switching his fuel tap to reserve...

SwanTiger
9th March 2006, 22:33
Lovely little squirt in the countryside wasn't it? and the weather certainly got some last night as it didn't pack in on us, which is a good thing as I would of given you all the learn in the wet :blip:

Very lovely of TL Rider to join us on his fine steed.

Good shit, looking forward to next weeks little outing, things seemed to flow tonight. Good shit, Good shit.

R6_kid
9th March 2006, 22:40
twas a good one for sure... sorry if i held anyone up riding with a pillion on the R6 :killingme

sure was a quick ride... had 'the new chick' Bekki (it was awesome meeting you by the way) on the back and so i took it easyish on the way up to the turnoff before kaukapakapa, but after giving the bike some shit through a couple of corners and seeing the she didnt freak (or smack me in the nuts) i decided to keep on the pace of those up front.

Gotta admit i had some really slow sections, but im sure Bekki is happier to be on her way home in her car than in an ambo because i went too hard.

Had a good little time at the pub having a drink and talking shit... it really was a KB ride - without the bins.

If anyone thinks i talk too much when we're in a group just tell me to shutup! :laugh:

Was good to see some shit been thrown around about those that didnt attend (hello JOHN!!!), well i suppose you learn a new thing everyday aye TLRider :cool:

sorry i didnt get to met all of the new faces, there were quite a few of you. I was the tallish guy in the grey/black/white leathers on the R6, adolescent beard and short shaved head.

R6_kid
9th March 2006, 22:41
Lovely little squirt in the countryside wasn't it? and the weather certainly got some last night as it didn't pack in on us, which is a good thing as I would of given you all the learn in the wet :blip:

Very lovely of TL Rider to join us on his fine steed.

Good shit, looking forward to next weeks little outing, things seemed to flow tonight. Good shit, Good shit.

bro you were going fucken awesome today compared to yesterday :ar15: keep that shit up,

i was catching you easy on the straights, and probably only getting you on the corners due to having more power and better tyres... well impressed son, well impressed. so when does the money go through....

Bekki
9th March 2006, 23:43
That was so much fun :ride:

Awesome putting faces to names and meeting some of the girls from the site... and big thanks to Gareth for the invite and for getting me home in one piece!

Keystone19
9th March 2006, 23:52
Excellent ride, great company, fine weather, what more can one say...

Thanks for organising it QkChk!

SwanTiger
10th March 2006, 01:06
so when does the money go through....

Fuck off, you didn't mention how good I was in bed and how well hung I am. I'll only pay half.

Was a good little blat. Not bad for a newbie on a good looking scooter aye. I'll get there one day. Cheers for the comments, would be good to go riding with you and Texmo again sometime soon.

EDIT: The missus just walked past and read the first line... HAHA now she is in a shitty thinking I've been sleeping with a guy ;)

texmo
10th March 2006, 01:19
Fuck off, you didn't mention how good I was in bed and how well hung I am. I'll only pay half.

Was a good little blat. Not bad for a newbie on a good looking scooter aye. I'll get there one day. Cheers for the comments, would be good to go riding with you and Texmo again sometime soon.

EDIT: The missus just walked past and read the first line... HAHA now she is in a shitty thinking I've been sleeping with a guy ;)
I am keen for another ride man, Either If I get another bike or when the engine mounts arrive from germany for my scootah.

GR81
10th March 2006, 06:48
Was good to see some shit been thrown around about those that didnt attend...
those who didnt attend probably felt they werent fast enough for the 'quick ride' ;)

Blackbuell
10th March 2006, 06:58
Was a good ride,one off my slower ones,i didn,t want sore ribs,finally met,TL from the north,& a few new people,
JSG wondered where you went,i turned around when i figured you weren't there.
Thanks Qkchq, see ya next week.

FROSTY
10th March 2006, 07:26
sorry to let the team down -I finally ran out of bikes to beg borrow or steal.
With some luck ill be there on the next one -

bugjuice
10th March 2006, 08:34
I had a great solo ride 2 up.. until I managed to catch up to everyone at the pub, just before I ran out of fuel..

Postie
10th March 2006, 08:34
twas a good ride last night, the Buggy system seemed to work well, and it must be a record that all the Gixxers made it home under there own steam.
:niceone:

DMNTD
10th March 2006, 08:44
twas a good ride last night, the Buggy system seemed to work well, and it must be a record that all the Gixxers made it home under there own steam.

Cheeky freaking b'stard...coming from a guy that had his moon boots on! :lol:
Twas good to meet the faces behind the cheeky remarks and abuse.
Didn't get home to 11pm....bloody nippley out there last night I tell ya! Yes...seek that vision...:slap:
Good weather,sweet arsed roads,no bins,reasonable pace,didn't spill my latte....mate beware I'll be back but next time I'll bring reinforcements from the North :eyepoke::cool:

PS: John,you're at the top of my "List"...

bugjuice
10th March 2006, 08:48
see, more than just an ugly face :niceone:

Lazy7
10th March 2006, 08:49
good to hear you guys had a good ride!

will try and make the next one.

Zed
10th March 2006, 08:50
see, more than just an ugly face :niceone:Who? U or yr bro Postie?? From a distance it's actually hard to tell you apart - both of you are as ugly as sin! :laugh:

bugjuice
10th March 2006, 08:53
was meaning me, but he ain't much better..
we've been mistaken for twins quite a bit, and also Postie as my older bro. we get that quite a bit. Which means, he's either aging badly, or I'm aging well ;)

Postie
10th March 2006, 08:57
was meaning me, but he ain't much better..
we've been mistaken for twins quite a bit, and also Postie as my older bro. we get that quite a bit.

its cos your and half inch shorter......

bugjuice
10th March 2006, 09:00
i dedicated that else where..

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 09:04
those who didnt attend probably felt they werent fast enough for the 'quick ride' ;)

It wasn't a fast ride, the pace was slow to medium.

Postie
10th March 2006, 09:07
i dedicated that else where..
yeah sorry, i forgot about your growth.....:pinch:

GR81
10th March 2006, 09:13
"Pace: Experienced / Faster riders only please. There is only 1 of me to direct the route and I cant wait all night. (like last week.."

false advertising then ha? :shit:

Zed
10th March 2006, 09:18
...false advertising then ha? :shit:Not at all. That was what the organiser of the ride specified, the fact that it turned into a medium paced ride is irrelevant.

If you have any reservations about coming on a KB ride for that reason, the best thing to do is PM the organiser, in this case Qkchk, and ask for further clarification. Easy peasy.

ManDownUnder
10th March 2006, 10:47

Jees - you've improved then!

Gotta admit some of those stretches weren't slow to medium... except my beer drinking bit at the end...

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 11:08
Jees - you've improved then!

No I'm still the world's slowest whatsmacallit rider...I guess the others weren't trying.

Lets see Sat is supposed to be a true medium to fast ride.

R6_kid
10th March 2006, 11:28
No I'm still the world's slowest whatsmacallit rider...I guess the others weren't trying.

Lets see Sat is supposed to be a true medium to fast ride.

haha i might come but i wont be leaving til about 10am so will play catch up, see you in the Kopu gorge?

SlowHand
10th March 2006, 12:16
Twas a good ride, might tag along for the full one next time, now I know where it goes.

Sat behind Funk of chickenstar, who had got rid of his testatrone on the way down. I shook his hand, so I can only hope he did that by riding hard, and not by using buggies guide to life :lol:

bugjuice
10th March 2006, 12:18
depends on how limp the shake and how big the smile was..

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 12:36
haha i might come but i wont be leaving til about 10am so will play catch up, see you in the Kopu gorge?

If you can catch me on the Kopu gorge after a 1 hour headstart I'll pay for all your gas for the day and shout you lunch :yes:

However don't let it go to your head and ride like you normally do.

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 12:39
depends on how limp the shake and how big the smile was..

Can you please shut the feck up about your wanking...... apart from Ms.Bugjuice no one wants to hear about it.

SwanTiger
10th March 2006, 12:47
If you can catch me on the Kopu gorge after a 1 hour headstart I'll pay for all your gas for the day and shout you lunch :yes:

Gareth can I come pillion? I wouldn't mind a free lunch!

Postie
10th March 2006, 13:02
Can you please shut the feck up about your wanking...... apart from Ms.Bugjuice no one wants to hear about it.
why don't we make a deal, Buggy will stop talking about wanking, if you stop talking all together.

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 13:13
why don't we make a deal, Buggy will stop talking about wanking, if you stop talking all together.

You can shut up too.

bugjuice
10th March 2006, 13:14
i never mentioned it. you're the one who keeps bringing it up.. so may be you should rub one off so it's not up as much..?

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 13:16
i never mentioned it. you're the one who keeps bringing it up.. so may be you should rub one off so it's not up as much..?

Arrggghhhhhh....... :brick:

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 13:19
Gareth can I come pillion? I wouldn't mind a free lunch!

Why - aren't you a good enough rider by yourself?? Come and give me the learn yourself, afterall I am the World's slowest.........

The_Dover
10th March 2006, 13:26
And most frickin irritating.

Postie
10th March 2006, 13:26
i'm just trying to keep everybody happy JSG

Boosted
10th March 2006, 13:37
did i see u guys at caltex dairyflat? i was eating my pie and then headed towards KKK :) i was on my zxr250 hehe

SixPackBack
10th March 2006, 13:49
did i see u guys at caltex dairyflat? i was eating my pie and then headed towards KKK :) i was on my zxr250 hehe

Yes that was us, you would have been welcome to join us!

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 13:51
And most frickin irritating.

"The_Dover is currently sulking in the sin bin" - you're the most irritiating, uncouth idiot.

R6_kid
10th March 2006, 14:01

will probably catch you guys up at coro for lunch. I'm too much of a target on the open road by myself, but will sure as hell give the bike a good run in the twisties.

And i was taking the piss (as im sure you know), you were doing pretty good last night apart from you typical retarded lines and needless crossing of the centreline... perhaps im not the one that is letting getting left behind go to my head.

The_Dover
10th March 2006, 14:12
"The_Dover is currently sulking in the sin bin" - you're the most irritiating, uncouth idiot.

Oh lahdi-dah, hark at her. Little miss manners.

Shame your road manners aren't as good eh? What kind of idiot closes up behind someone near the centreline, with the clear interntion of trying to cut the corner and get ahead, when the person is front is indicating right (along with the rest of the ride)?????

I normally would advocate a pig using some discretion but the best thing that one that let you off coulda done for the rest of us would have been to give you a good nightsticking and tear up your licence.

And trying to get me to speed up when we were going thru a 70 zone in a built up area was another shining example of your riding skills and road manners. I'll tear it up out of town, in open road zones, but I have no desire to rip thru villages pissing off people that will call the cops, unlike some dumb shits.

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 14:21
And i was taking the piss (as im sure you know)
Yes old fella I know .......happy to shout you a drink anyway if you catch us at lunch. As I told Bekki - very impressed with your lines, I was braking hard and accelerating even harder trying to stay on my pace and you were barely touching your brakes, only remember seeing your brake light once or twice :niceone:

.......you were doing pretty good last night apart from your typical retarded lines and needless crossing of the centreline... perhaps im not the one that is letting getting left behind go to my head.
:o...... I know, I love crossing the centre line when I can, just for the buzz of being able to see a few meters more around the corner. I don't do it too often though :nono: and only do it under full visibility. :yeah: Otherwise I'd be dead by now. :thud: I don't care being left behind... as long as I have enough gas I know I'll get there.

R6_kid
10th March 2006, 14:30
least you can take it on the chin, just thought you were taking it a little bit personal... so i bit back just to see :Pokey:

crossing the centre line is a no-no at the best of times... when i saw you do it i wouldnt call it full visibility dude... it was up hill into a left hander, a car could have come round that bend at 120kmh and cleaned you up good and proper.

See we do actually care about you, well atleast enough to not want to see you being hit head on by a car :spudwow:

SixPackBack
10th March 2006, 14:47
l
See we do actually care about you, well atleast enough to not want to see you being hit head on by a car :spudwow:

Only cause blood makes the road slippy:yeah:

SwanTiger
10th March 2006, 14:55
Why - aren't you a good enough rider by yourself?? Come and give me the learn yourself, afterall I am the World's slowest.........

Haha, I may just do that, then again my bike only has 28HP and 5 gears, no match to the CBR with 40 odd Horse Power and a 6th gear. I may be incorrect but it puts a perspective on things, considering for half the ride last night I was keeping up rather well.

However I've noticed that being a V-Twin it produces an immense amount of torque for a little 250cc motorcycle. I've also found that my acceleration sometimes matches that of the bigger bikes as many of them have a short flatspot in their acceleration.

If I can be bothered waking up that early I may just join you and we can enjoy a little play in the twisties. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two, or maybe I can give you the learn :cool:

EDIT: A free lunch would help me make a quick decision. :blip:

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 15:38
EDIT: A free lunch would help me make a quick decision. :blip:

Ahh you bastard -- OK all you can eat for $10- deal? :niceone:

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 15:39
:Oi: stop stealing my lines from Riff Raff's Meremere thread.

DMNTD
10th March 2006, 16:59

...and the red really just doesn't go with yella eh mate

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 17:14
...and the red really just doesn't go with yella eh mate

Yeah but yella does go with Chicken eh mate.....

DMNTD
10th March 2006, 17:23
Yeah but yella does go with Chicken eh mate.....

MATE!! That was freck'n lame!! I'm certain,no make that possitive that you were but a mere blurr as I passed your high perf machine :moon:

justsomeguy
10th March 2006, 17:29
MATE!! That was freck'n lame!! I'm certain,no make that possitive that you were but a mere blurr as I passed your high perf machine :moon:

Eh, if you were behind me - you'd be the laughing stock of the whole Northland.

Hehehehe - pity you didn't know the roads - next time you can show the front of the pack how it's done.

Oh yeah - could ya please organise a ride on those roads we talked about somewhere in late april.

chickenfunkstar
10th March 2006, 20:30
Twas a good ride, might tag along for the full one next time, now I know where it goes.

Sat behind Funk of chickenstar, who had got rid of his testatrone on the way down. I shook his hand, so I can only hope he did that by riding hard, and not by using buggies guide to life :lol:

Nice one wise guy...

Just thought I'd try things a little differently on this ride. Rode at a bit of a quick pace to Westgate to sort of get the speed out of my system. Deliberatly left Westgate at the back of the pack. Tried to ride most of the ride at 'the pace' i.e. 110 odd down the straights and then keeping the speed up through the corners. Worked out alright, although old north rd doesn't really seem the most suitable type of road for this type of riding as there's lots of open sweepers which can easily be taken at speeds of more than 110k. I'd like to try it again some time on a twistier road.

Thanks again QKCHK for organising.

DMNTD
10th March 2006, 23:37
Hehehehe - pity you didn't know the roads - next time you can show the front of the pack how it's done.
As I told SwanTiger I am but a Nana mate...and hence ride like one too

Oh yeah - could ya please organise a ride on those roads we talked about somewhere in late april.
:slap: The offer has always been there for any to come up this way for an intense riding fix. Best bet is for anyone keen to just say so and to get a Crew together as we're always into a ride...

SwanTiger
10th March 2006, 23:42
The offer has always been there for any to come up this way for an intense riding fix. Best bet is for anyone keen to just say so and to get a Crew together as we're always into a ride...

You'll have to excuse JSG's retarded politeness.

You've got until late April to organise a ride or else were sending Markauckland to stay with you for a week. AND THATS A THREAT!

Bekki
11th March 2006, 08:30
It took a bucketload of conditioner and about an hour's attention to get my hair under control after the Thursday night ride... I will defintely take Cibbychick & Keystone's advice and get myself a balaclava!

And on Friday night I learned that when you're pillion on a cruiser and you stop at the lights, you don't put your hands down on the tank to brace yourself.. cause it's not right there.. and your hands end up.. somewhere else. :o

I'm learning every day!

ManDownUnder
11th March 2006, 10:40
It took a bucketload of conditioner and about an hour's attention to get my hair under control after the Thursday night ride... I will defintely take Cibbychick & Keystone's advice and get myself a balaclava!

And on Friday night I learned that when you're pillion on a cruiser and you stop at the lights, you don't put your hands down on the tank to brace yourself.. cause it's not right there.. and your hands end up.. somewhere else. :o

I'm learning every day!

LOL... good onya!

Yes - it's easy for things to get personal on the bike... all in good fun though. Full leathers don;t hurt either of course.

:banana:

Unit
12th March 2006, 19:00

I'm learning every day!
As my hair has grown longer I too am experiencing the dreadlock forming tangle at the end of the rides.
BTW, I must do some more pillion riding if its a pre-requisite that my hands must wander off course.......:yeah:

ManDownUnder
13th March 2006, 08:36
BTW, I must do some more pillion riding if its a pre-requisite that my hands must wander off course.......:yeah:

May I be the first to offer my services then...

DMNTD
13th March 2006, 08:39

When was the last time you were tested for STD's? Got heaps of money?
I don't rent m'woman out cheap mate but deals are deals and I need another back tyre...again :slap:

Unit
13th March 2006, 19:05
I see TL Rider is prepared to do a deal on me but then we both need money spent on our bikes so guess you'll get us both as a package deal? Mind you I could always just rent TL Rider out to you....:rofl: