PDA

View Full Version : Anyone coming our way?

Beemer
6th March 2006, 23:04
Hi there, we've hosted three lots of German motorcyclists lately (Tanja and Christian; Elke and Arne, and Tommy and Rosa) and now we're desperate for some new faces! We really loved having them to stay and would like to extend a tentative offer to anyone else travelling around NZ.

We live in the country north of Levin (roughly 50 kms south of Palmerston North and 100kms north of Wellington) and we have a spare double bed and plenty of safe garaging.

We also have a well equipped workshop and the tools and facilities to change tyres, oil, etc. Any travelling motorcyclists are welcome to use the workshop to work on their bikes during their stay.

My husband and I are pretty easy going, non-smokers, have no kids (just three furry ones - cats!), and don't ask for anything more than courtesy and respect for our home in return (but if you turn up with a bottle of wine, we wouldn't mind!), so please feel free to send us a PM if you are heading our way.

marty
7th March 2006, 07:39
do you take cyclists who ride 4 abreast?

WRT
7th March 2006, 08:00
Always good to ride for a breast (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4083580.stm) . . .

Good on ya tho Beemer, great to see you out there giving Kiwis and Bikers a good name.

Beemer
9th March 2006, 17:20
You'll keep, Marty!

We've really enjoyed having people to stay and want to carry on doing so on an informal basis. We did consider opening a home stay but there are so many rules and regulations nowadays that we'd rather just offer a bed to those we like the sound of for a few nights! So far the Germans are top of the list for being great guests, but we are open to any breed of foreigner!

igor
31st May 2006, 09:56
You'll keep, Marty!

We've really enjoyed having people to stay and want to carry on doing so on an informal basis. We did consider opening a home stay but there are so many rules and regulations nowadays that we'd rather just offer a bed to those we like the sound of for a few nights! So far the Germans are top of the list for being great guests, but we are open to any breed of foreigner!

Hi. my name is Igor and I would hate to see u discrinate so i have decided to come and stay with u guys for a while.
Just a few questions.
1. do I get free internet usage and do you have broadband and what plan r u on as WMV take a lot to download.
2. Will I have to make my bed.
3. What kind of BBQ do u have as i prefer the hooded type
4. Will a cask of wine be ok as I find this easier to rest in the croke of ya elbow and drink directly from. No glasses to wash
5. Will I have to do the dishes.
6. Can i come shopping with you.
7. Can i have an address so i can make you my new residence as WINZ don't like ya livin somewhere they don't know about. I am not on a benefit but home detention so is it easy to set up monitoring for my braclet and can my Probation officer call in at unusual times for a check up
8. If ya out of town will I be subsidized for petrol money by you for not livin nearer to town.
9. Whats the closest pub I can drive to without getting caught ridin home by cops.
10. Is it easy to get some grass around your way or can i grow my own at ya place.

thanks Igor

Beemer
3rd June 2006, 16:43
Hi. my name is Igor and I would hate to see u discrinate so i have decided to come and stay with u guys for a while.
Just a few questions.
1. do I get free internet usage and do you have broadband and what plan r u on as WMV take a lot to download. Nope, we don't have broadband but you're more than happy to sit up for days waiting for something to download.
2. Will I have to make my bed. Yes. I am not your mother.
3. What kind of BBQ do u have as i prefer the hooded type We have a hooded BBQ.
4. Will a cask of wine be ok as I find this easier to rest in the croke of ya elbow and drink directly from. No glasses to wash. We are discerning drinkers. Cask wine is not welcome in our home.
5. Will I have to do the dishes. See answer to question 2.
6. Can i come shopping with you. As long as you're paying, yes.
7. Can i have an address so i can make you my new residence as WINZ don't like ya livin somewhere they don't know about. I am not on a benefit but home detention so is it easy to set up monitoring for my braclet and can my Probation officer call in at unusual times for a check up. No worries, there's a real-live constable living further down the road, I'm sure she'd love it if you used HER address. And my sister's a prison officer so she could come and help.
8. If ya out of town will I be subsidized for petrol money by you for not livin nearer to town. No. You sound a bit tight. Save up and then come for a visit.
9. Whats the closest pub I can drive to without getting caught ridin home by cops. Unfortunately they are onto it around here and set up checkpoints on all the roads leading out of town.
10. Is it easy to get some grass around your way or can i grow my own at ya place. See picture below, we grow our own and have more grass than you could ever dream of - and you can have as much as you like! But leave the sheep alone...

thanks Igor

See the reponses above!

Beemer
10th November 2006, 09:08
Well, Igor still hasn't made contact - bugger! But we have had an email from Ralf and Eva who are currently stuck in Broome while one of their bikes is fixed. Hopefully they will be out this way in February - and I hope the weather warms up a bit by then - there is SNOW on the ranges right now and this is the North Island!

But if anyone is coming in the meantime, there is a bed available at any time.

Macktheknife
10th November 2006, 22:38
So if you're not foreign you're not welcome then huh????
Just how foreign does one have to be?

Dadpole
10th November 2006, 23:09
Just how foreign does one have to be?

North of the Bombay Hills should do.

Beemer
17th November 2006, 10:41
I don't mind foreigners, it's Aucklanders we don't want to encourage! They can afford motels!

My husband says anyone from overseas is welcome, even if they were originally from NZ. They just have to be interesting, considerate and not drink us out of home, like a certain Scotsman did this time last year!

The Big J
26th November 2006, 14:13
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/
Well you could try posting in the above. Not sure how many bites you'll get but by and large the forum seems to attract interesting people with interesting stories.

Beemer
29th November 2006, 10:29
Thanks for that, it looks like an interesting site.

JimO
29th November 2006, 11:30
are you into swinging....nod.............nod...........wink.... ...wink

Beemer
29th November 2006, 12:34
are you into swinging....nod.............nod...........wink.... ...wink

Only my feet when sitting out on the edge of the deck... but then by the sound of it, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind man...

Warr
29th November 2006, 12:41
I don't mind foreigners, it's Aucklanders we don't want to encourage! They can afford motels!

My husband says anyone from overseas is welcome, even if they were originally from NZ. They just have to be interesting, considerate and not drink us out of home, like a certain Scotsman did this time last year!
We will be going past (northwards) on the 18th Jan. having just spent 2+ weeks overseas in the SI. And we arent from Auckland, how do you think we would measure up ?

Beemer
30th November 2006, 13:18
We will be going past (northwards) on the 18th Jan. having just spent 2+ weeks overseas in the SI. And we arent from Auckland, how do you think we would measure up?

I think you'd qualify! Shame you're not here a few days earlier - our club has its Manfeild fun day on the 13th of January. How many of you are there? We have one double bed but if you're not a couple you'd have to double up! Send me a PM if you're keen and I can give you our contact details.

Maverick
30th November 2006, 13:31

Awww :( Not all of us can!

Warr
30th November 2006, 22:12
I think you'd qualify! Shame you're not here a few days earlier - our club has its Manfeild fun day on the 13th of January. How many of you are there? We have one double bed but if you're not a couple you'd have to double up! Send me a PM if you're keen and I can give you our contact details.
Opps been telling lies again :(
Heading north on the 10th!! Have to get back to my nephews wedding on the 12th. There Clare (my wife) and Richard and Judith also a couple :)
I still have your cell number .. ends in 428, so can give you a yell if we think we could be looking for a flat spot on the ground :)

Beemer
30th November 2006, 22:39
We'll be around - sorry we only have one spare bed but we don't have kids so there was never any need for lots of extra beds as most people who come to stay are a couple!

And yes, that cellphone number should be current - as long as the first part is 027 and not 025!

Fat Tony
30th November 2006, 23:06
Hey Beemer, are you serious about the room? We're English but I hope that you won't hold that against us :shit: We'll also be in a car rather than on the bikes so maybe that's just too much for you to deal with? Poms in a car :bye:

We're currently planning a couple of weeks touring the top half of South Island and then tour our way up North Island to fly back from Auckland (first two weeks in April)

Currently trying to decide what the best thing to do about accommodation is as we're on a tight budget so camping and/or freeloading has great appeal :)

I'll drop you a PM

Cheers,
Tony

Beemer
1st December 2006, 10:07
Poms in a car - whatever next! Got your PM and have replied, look forward to catching up with you next year. Of course our 2 year-old cat won't be impressed - she hates visitors in cars but loves those who turn up on bikes! The kittens (who will be six months old by then) will love you even if you are Poms, they're not that fussy!

vifferman
1st December 2006, 10:12
Anyone coming our way?
Yeah, alright.
Dunno when, but One Day.
When You Least Expect It.

There we will be, standing on your doorstep, in our bike gear.
Mr and Mrs Urrglee, with out BeautifulBlueBike.

Beemer
5th December 2006, 13:38
Yeah, alright.
Dunno when, but One Day.
When You Least Expect It.

There we will be, standing on your doorstep, in our bike gear.
Mr and Mrs Urrglee, with out BeautifulBlueBike.

That's right, don't you owe me a bottle of whisky?

Fat Tony
7th December 2006, 23:44
Poms in a car - whatever next!

I know, I can only apologise. Thanks very much for the PM and email, that's a nice place you have there :) :yes:

Will reply this weekend

Beemer
8th December 2006, 09:31
No worries, be good to catch up with you when you're here. We're quite excited, sounds like we'll be having quite a few visitors next year!

ManDownUnder
8th December 2006, 09:38
Hey Beemer - I'm expecting some guests down from the US mid winter, non motorcyclists, and any spare beds around the place would be brilliant.

2 or 3 21 year olds from the US, on their summer vacation looking to see the sights in NZ. I've been corresponding with one and she sounds like a really nice kid. Her Mom (US speak) and one of her Mom's friends may be coming down too, but likely not...

You ok to consider as an option?

Ditto for a reciprocal arrangement too, not too often as we have 3 small kids, but happy to do what we reasonably can. I love meeting the overseas bods too.
MDU

Beemer
8th December 2006, 11:22
We're happy for them to stay here for a few nights, depending on exactly when they will be here, but we do only have the one spare (double) bed, so if there were three, one would be sleeping on a fold-up bed!

Are they all females or a mix? Will they have their own transport? It's just that we are out in the country and also there's not a lot to do around Levin - but we'd be happy to show them the sights of Wellington or Palmerston North (ha ha!).

Send me a PM if you don't want to put all the info here.

Jaxi
10th December 2006, 03:49
Hey Beemer,

Just wanted to let you know that from an overland motorcyclists perspective, what you are offering is appreciated more than you would realise.

We spent 2 years riding from the UK to NZ and the times when we were invited into peoples homes was a wonderful respite from moving from dodgy hotel room to dodgy hotel room!! We were invited into many homes on our travels from friends of friends or just people we happend to meet on the road.

We based ourselves at a friends house in Goa for 6 weeks which was awesome... just being able to get up and make your own toast and coffee!! It never crossed my mind that the simple things would ever mean so much!

We also stayed with an English couple in Delhi, they invited us to stay in their apartment when they saw a post on www.horizonsunlimited.com mentioning our route, and that was even before we set off!

In Iran, we were reading a map in the middle of Tehran, in 40 degree heat, trying to find out where the hell we were, when a guy on a bike pulled over and invited us to his house... He was awesome and it gave us more of an insight into Iranian culture. In fact, in Iran, we could have just rode into each town and sat in the local square (actually the middle of a roundabout!) and waited for the offers as there were many. As it was though, being sweaty bikers, and me having to wear full hijab when off the bike, it was much easier having our own space.

We met a German couple riding in Thailand who were going in the opposite direction to us. They stayed with people a lot and had the best experiences. I was really disappointed when they said they didn't like Wellington.... Couldn't understand that until they said that they were camping out in the Hutt and the weather was crap. I wish we'd known them before that because they would have had a totally different experience if we'd found them some family of friends of ours to stay with.

Back to my point... You are doing a lovely thing...After months on the road, it's wonderful to be invited into someones home and we fully intend to offer the same when we get back to Wellington in a year or so's time!

Cheers
Jaxi

Warr
10th December 2006, 08:40
We're happy for them to stay here for a few nights, depending on exactly when they will be here, but we do only have the one spare (double) bed, so if there were three, one would be sleeping on a fold-up bed!

Are they all females or a mix? Will they have their own transport? It's just that we are out in the country and also there's not a lot to do around Levin - but we'd be happy to show them the sights of Wellington or Palmerston North (ha ha!).

Send me a PM if you don't want to put all the info here.
While you are discussing accommodating m/bike travellers. Reminds me of Christian & Tanja, they were here for a week of more. Felt like longer.. tho we did say they could use us as bit of a base. We felt we gave a lot...
Perhaps it would have been different if they had just been travelling through.
If there are other travellers doing just that we would be happy to accommodate :)

Beemer
10th December 2006, 09:18
We also hosted Tanya and Christian (who have made it home just this week) but we really enjoyed their company! Mind you, we had all of our guests for only about four days at a time - although with a certain Scotsman, that seemed like eternity...

I know what you mean Jaxi, all the couples we had staying said they appreciated being able to get washing done and just sitting and relaxing, knowing they didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time. My husband took them all out on rides to show them the sights and they all loved it because he took them on roads they may never have found themselves.

Apart from said Scotsman, we'd be happy to have any of our guests back for a return visit, especially Elke and Arne - they were lovely.

That is the problem with Wellington not having a camping ground - people on a budget have to stay out in the Hutt and it not only makes doing the tourist thing harder, it means everything involves travelling by bike as the trains aren't that close to the camping grounds. I love Wellington and I am sure most people would if they could walk from their accommodation to the city.

ajturbo
10th December 2006, 09:32
Hey Beemer,

Just wanted to let you know that from an overland motorcyclists perspective, what you are offering is appreciated more than you would realise.

In Iran, we were reading a map in the middle of Tehran, in 40 degree heat, trying to find out where the hell we were, when a guy on a bike pulled over and invited us to his house...Cheers
Jaxi

i found that out while i was in mexico a couple of years ago...

there i was sitting in the middle of a round-about...
looking at the map, wondering to myself if it was even the right way around, when a doggy looking character, came up and asked if he could help!!! blew me away for 2 reasons..

1. he was the first person to speak english to me in 3 weeks!
2. he was polite, and very helpfull!! told me where to go!:Punk:

chanceyy
10th December 2006, 09:57
beemer if you get stuck for a few xtra beds .. I have a queen & two singles spare here as well

igor
10th December 2006, 12:22
We also hosted Tanya and Christian (who have made it home just this week) but we really enjoyed their company! Mind you, we had all of our guests for only about four days at a time - although with a certain Scotsman, that seemed like eternity...

I know what you mean Jaxi, all the couples we had staying said they appreciated being able to get washing done and just sitting and relaxing, knowing they didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time. My husband took them all out on rides to show them the sights and they all loved it because he took them on roads they may never have found themselves.

Apart from said Scotsman, we'd be happy to have any of our guests back for a return visit, especially Elke and Arne - they were lovely.

That is the problem with Wellington not having a camping ground - people on a budget have to stay out in the Hutt and it not only makes doing the tourist thing harder, it means everything involves travelling by bike as the trains aren't that close to the camping grounds. I love Wellington and I am sure most people would if they could walk from their accommodation to the city.

Geez ya must be blind, Wellington has a camping ground right in the CBD, its called Pid-geon Park. friendly types give ya drink even

Beemer
10th December 2006, 14:33
Geez ya must be blind, Wellington has a camping ground right in the CBD, its called Pid-geon Park. friendly types give ya drink even

Yeah, but most people don't like meths...!

Cheers Chanceyy - you're in our neck of the woods, aren't you?

Beemer
16th January 2007, 12:41
I just ammended my first post in this thread, to add that we have a workshop and are happy for motorcyclists to use this to change tyres, oil, etc. We have all the tools and plenty of room, it was only when the last guest to stay mentioned how much he appreciated being able to change his oil while here that we realised it was something worth mentioning.

merv
16th January 2007, 16:09
Do you think I should have a holiday from Welly and come up and change my oil?

Beemer
16th January 2007, 16:30
Do you think I should have a holiday from Welly and come up and change my oil?

If you arrived with wine and chocolates, sure! Tell Andy next time you see him that you've cleared it with me!

Dodgyiti
16th January 2007, 17:48
That is a very generous offer Beemer, I would also like to offer my place to stay but;
1, I live in a bad part of the Westside.
2, I could not even get in my street today because the armed defenders had it blocked off (for the 3rd time in 4 years)
3, There is a dismantled bike in the spare room
4, No bed, only floor
5, It is difficult to get a good nights sleep what with all the racket from the exploding 'P' Labs
After all that your still keen, then your too crazy and I fear you:shit:

Beemer
17th January 2007, 08:41
Mmn, would LOVE to come and stay but don't have any holidays left. Maybe another time?!!!

Dodgyiti
17th January 2007, 20:56
Mmn, would LOVE to come and stay but don't have any holidays left. Maybe another time?!!!

Sure, no worries.
I was not kidding about No;2, either.

tassiebhoy
22nd January 2007, 19:10
That is a really generous offer,one that would be greatly appreciated and respected, by any genuine traveller, count me in, if you ever need it resciprocated over this way.

Beemer
23rd January 2007, 09:49
That is a really generous offer,one that would be greatly appreciated and respected, by any genuine traveller, count me in, if you ever need it resciprocated over this way.

That's a really tempting offer, I'd love to visit Tasmania one day. We've enjoyed just about all our visitors so far and it's nice to offer them someone to chill out for a few days. They don't have to do any riding at all when at our place and it's a good chance to work on the bike, get their clothes washed and dried, and enjoy some (we like to think so anyway!) good food and company in a peaceful setting.

vifferman
23rd January 2007, 11:53
Hiya, Beemer!

Don't forget that I've threatened to visit some time! And do you mind if the bottle of whisky has been opened? (I recently bought a bottle duty free, then discovered it aggravates the arthritis! :crybaby: That'll teach me to waste money on expensive booze...)

Anyway, I've had a couple from Murka ask about touring UnZud latert his year (around November, if I recall.) I've already ask them if they're bludgers or related to "a certain Scotsman" (my profound apologies for that:o) , and they assured me they're not, and that they'll help with dishes and whatnot.
Perhaps I'll kick the boys out and they can come and live at my house...

Beemer
23rd January 2007, 12:50
I don't mind if the bottle has been opened, as long as you wiped the top after drinking from it!

November would be okay for us - and thanks for checking to see if they were related to THAT guy - hey, he can be like the Scottish play, the one whose name you don't dare mention for fear of incurring bad luck...

Funnily enough, we've had several couples and a few single travellers and the couples are far more relaxing to have around. Maybe it's just easier having two people to chat to. Most of the single ones have been quite hard work, it's like they are reluctant to share more than the basic name, age, occupation with you!

vifferman
23rd January 2007, 13:23
Funnily enough, we've had several couples and a few single travellers and the couples are far more relaxing to have around. Maybe it's just easier having two people to chat to. Most of the single ones have been quite hard work, it's like they are reluctant to share more than the basic name, age, occupation with you!
I'd guess the singles are archetypal "loner bikers".

shafty
3rd March 2007, 23:04
I don't mind if the bottle has been opened, as long as you wiped the top after drinking from it!

November would be okay for us - and thanks for checking to see if they were related to THAT guy - hey, he can be like the Scottish play, the one whose name you don't dare mention for fear of incurring bad luck...

Cool offer Beemer; I think some single bikers may BE single for reasons obvious...!

Igor The Troll
21st July 2007, 21:58
Beemer I am a real lone wolf, and been on bikes many years, renting them in Thailand. But the country is small and I am tired of it.
I would love to visit you and your clan and get the feel of the real biker's world.

I do not have my own bike so would need to borrow one.
I drink JW or Vodka.

I live now in Japan and in a few weeks going to Cina, then Loas, Thailand, Israel, Thailand...Japan.

Maybe I can fly to your part of the woods for a few weeks.

I do not mind paying some expenses, I am not a free loader like my clone.
<__>

So if you'll have me and care for me I may take you on your offer.

Would love to tour New Zealand with some biker friends.

Igor The Troll

Fat Tony
21st July 2007, 22:02

Yeah, it's a bloody good job I didn't turn up on my own... that would have been hard work :lol:

Smorg
23rd July 2007, 13:11
Beemer I am a real lone wolf, and been on bikes many years, renting them in Thailand. But the country is small and I am tired of it.
I would love to visit you and your clan and get the feel of the real biker's world.

I do not have my own bike so would need to borrow one.
I drink JW or Vodka.

I live now in Japan and in a few weeks going to Cina, then Loas, Thailand, Israel, Thailand...Japan.

Maybe I can fly to your part of the woods for a few weeks.

I do not mind paying some expenses, I am not a free loader like my clone.
<__>

So if you'll have me and care for me I may take you on your offer.

Would love to tour New Zealand with some biker friends.

Igor The Troll

Bot? 10fc....

Beemer
23rd July 2007, 18:05
Bot? 10fc....

I have no idea what Bot? means but I am also not sure about Igor's post either...

We don't have any spare bikes to loan and live away from the main centres so we're more the destination of those who are already touring the country rather than those wanting to drop in for a few weeks. We don't drink JW or Vodka either!

We mostly get visitors in summer and we'd probably not be that keen to host any right now as I'm currently doing a fulltime diploma course and two extramural papers, as well as heaps of freelance work. I haven't got the time to look after guests at this time of the year and we've got sheep about to lamb too, so we'd have to say sorry, but can't help right now.

Hey Tony, got your bags packed yet? You guys are friends now, so you don't need an invite! And if you'd turned up with chocolate (like you did) I am sure we could have coped with you on your own!

BMW
23rd July 2007, 18:50
good to see bikers that help other bikers!

and a cat lover too! Nice pic of ya cat!

Beemer
24th July 2007, 10:01
good to see bikers that help other bikers!

and a cat lover too! Nice pic of ya cat!

That's only one of them - we have three! I've found that a lot of motorcyclists are cat lovers too - or at least they put on a good show of liking cats!

Smorg
24th July 2007, 10:59
I have no idea what Bot? means but I am also not sure about Igor's post either...
!

A bot is an automated program that spams forums trying to find suckers, Im a bit suss of this Igor guy.

Beemer
24th July 2007, 18:17
A bot is an automated program that spams forums trying to find suckers, Im a bit suss of this Igor guy.

Ta, had no idea what you were talking about until you explained above! Yeah, I don't think I will be replying personally to this guy as I had already mentioned we prefer people travelling together rather than people on their own and he still thought he would be welcome! And as you all well know, I get sick of people who can't spell - where the fuck is Cina and Loas? And I didn't realise Thailand was so good they named it twice...

All NORMAL people are welcome, not loners!

Igor The Troll
6th August 2007, 05:16
Is this a spelling class?

I did not know bots have a problem spelling, but people not born in English speaking countries may...but then 90% of bickers may not even know how to spell thier address if they have one. :)

Beemer no sweat...do not want to impose on you...just read the offer and figured will ask...

And I do go in and out of Thailand many times. The sun is hot the life style is cheap...

Maybe I will just buy a bike and tour Newzealand for a month or so...I am sure the country will be intersting and will make friends as I go around..

Cheers..

ValkRider
18th March 2008, 13:31
Beemer,

Thanks for the invite!:niceone:
You can count me and Mrs. ValkRider in for a visit, and probably an overnighter.
Should we bring anything for your hospitality?

Thanx in advance!

Darren

Beemer
11th April 2008, 14:43
Beemer,

Thanks for the invite!:niceone:
You can count me and Mrs. ValkRider in for a visit, and probably an overnighter.
Should we bring anything for your hospitality?

Thanx in advance!

Darren

Missed this post - but had been in email contact and had the lovely Darren and Cheryl here earlier this week and enjoyed their company greatly. They were even the first to use our newly renovated bathroom as the builders left the morning they arrived!

Despite telling them not to bring anything, they arrived laden with beer and also the most divine barbecue sauces and rubs - mmn, they can stay again any time they like!

I just hope the rest of their stay is a lot of fun and that the weather gods are kind to them.

sincity
18th August 2008, 11:57
I am looking at coming over next year and to head to Queenstown and then around the country. Am looking for a bike to loan or rent (cheap) Not sure when your winter is or how I will go about getting my current license changed to international yet. But got to put the leg work in now.

hondav2
23rd August 2008, 22:03
I am looking at coming over next year and to head to Queenstown and then around the country. Am looking for a bike to loan or rent (cheap) Not sure when your winter is or how I will go about getting my current license changed to international yet. But got to put the leg work in now.

Send me a pm I have a good DR650 I could do a buy back deal . Cheers Toddy

igor
16th October 2008, 19:40
I'm back. I never really left and am still here and not forgot about the accomadation offer. Hope I don't give ya toe jam if I use ya shower.

Been a little busy with me nat and the project below. A work in progress

Now BEEMER or is that GOOSE should ya wanna do a Coromandel loop U can use my place at Matarangi if its free. Beautiful 4.5km beach. No scrots. Bit of Kiwiana for the kitchen and bathroom. U can sleep in the Caravan if ya snore and let Andy sleep in the building for a rest.

Closet cop is 20kms away

Beemer
18th October 2008, 16:07
I'm back. I never really left and am still here and not forgot about the accomadation offer. Hope I don't give ya toe jam if I use ya shower.

Been a little busy with me nat and the project below. A work in progress

Now BEEMER or is that GOOSE should ya wanna do a Coromandel loop U can use my place at Matarangi if its free. Beautiful 4.5km beach. No scrots. Bit of Kiwiana for the kitchen and bathroom. U can sleep in the Caravan if ya snore and let Andy sleep in the building for a rest.

Closet cop is 20kms away

Oh, so you have gay cops up your way do you? Are you any relation to Igor the Troll? Or just some old guy with a new name?

igor
18th October 2008, 16:17
no idea who he is

Beemer
18th October 2008, 16:22
See eight posts above.

igor
18th October 2008, 17:35
geez he sounds as anal as me

Beemer
18th October 2008, 18:04
geez he sounds as anal as me

Worse. He's foreign as well!

igor
18th October 2008, 18:31
geez why do they keep letting the broody foreigners in. they cant drive, they whine and go on about home and wanna hang around with all their country man. ya could of stayed home and done that.

igor
18th October 2008, 18:31
did ya get me other email via my gmail address

Beemer
20th October 2008, 10:29
Nope, nothing received. Try the PM function.

Beemer
28th January 2010, 20:29
Although there have been no new posts in this thread since October 2008, we've hosted several motorcyclists in the time since then. The offer a bed for a night or two still stands, whether people are travelling by bike or car. Safe, off-street parking or garaging and a large spare room.

We can't promise we'll always be able to put people up, but nine times out of 10 it's convenient and we're happy to do it.

rdkls
28th January 2010, 22:15
Hi Beemer, I'm Nick. I'm coming to NZ next week.
Don't really know what I'm going to be doing, apart from getting a bike and pretending to look for work =)
but if your generous offer of hospitality was still open thought I'd make contact and see what happens! ....

Beemer
30th January 2010, 10:33
Let us know when you're in our area - as mentioned in the post by mcguyver, we do have a few large events coming up so we won't be here for a few weeks in February and March, and we have a few other weekend events over the next month or so too. We're both working fulltime at present too (normally I work from home but I'm on a seemingly never-ending contract right now, which involves some weekend work as well), so it will really depend on when you are going to be passing through as to whether we can put you up for the night or not.

rdkls
4th February 2010, 20:57
Cool will do. Yeah I see the Paeroa battle for the streets is coming up, plan on heading don, should be good =)

charlymelon
17th April 2010, 13:52
Hey, Charly here. I am going from Auckland to Wellington taking a few days time, would be in Palmerston North in maybe five days or something like that (I haven't really planned anything, just see how it all goes). I'm off to Rotorua tomorrow.
Would be very nice to have someone to meet on the way to Wellington, a place to sleep sounds like a VERY welcome break from backpackers accommodation, but even if you'd like to just meet for a cup of coffee and a conversation I'd be happy to stop at Levin.
Could use some advise on tyres, too. So if you're interested in meeting me, please PM =)

Thanks, Charly

Warr
21st April 2010, 15:59
Had the pleasure of Charly's company staying with us overnight. Brave young lady she is traveling our country.
Helped with a trip to NZ Post for Rego and then to Boyds for a WOF and then able to point her in a southern direction to get her on her way again.

So far she has been really lucky weather wise, but she would be better off with m/cycle boots and trou. Especially when it starts getting wet and cold.
She wont like me saying, but if you do catch up with her and have some usable kit, it wouldnt go amiss on this lass !
No idea of sizing but slim comes to mind :)

charlymelon
22nd April 2010, 11:50
Aaargh, Warren, take that pic off! I do not like photographs AT ALL and this one looks really bad, too.

Thanks again to you and Clare for having me, sorry that I wasn't really talkative and sociable, my mind was still somewhere else. But now I am back on the road again. I got to Napier alright stopping in Rotorua and Taupo. Heading further south today.
Thanks for your help, Charly

Beemer
14th May 2010, 13:20
Hey, Charly here. I am going from Auckland to Wellington taking a few days time, would be in Palmerston North in maybe five days or something like that (I haven't really planned anything, just see how it all goes). I'm off to Rotorua tomorrow.
Would be very nice to have someone to meet on the way to Wellington, a place to sleep sounds like a VERY welcome break from backpackers accommodation, but even if you'd like to just meet for a cup of coffee and a conversation I'd be happy to stop at Levin.
Could use some advise on tyres, too. So if you're interested in meeting me, please PM =)

Thanks, Charly

Hey Charly, sorry, haven't been checking this site regularly lately and we mostly get visitors during summer so missed your post last month. If you'd sent me a PM I could have got in touch with you, but never knew you were passing through! The other half could have given you some good advice on tyres, but looks like you have probably passed our region by now. If you're passing through again, send me a PM and we can try and catch up.

charlymelon
15th May 2010, 18:24
Thanks,
it's too late now, I'm about to leave Wellington heading south... Maybe I will com back your way, not sure yet. THanks anyways, hav a good time!

Beemer
16th May 2010, 10:16
That's okay, we may catch you again if you're heading north. Send me a PM as I don't always check in to KB on a regular basis.

idada
12th November 2011, 19:52
I'm actually in NZ finally, but it'll be another 6 weeks before my bike arrives. Then comes the whole compliance junk. I'm hoping it will all be done before New Year, but probably won't be until mid January. Still getting used to the driving. Even coming from DC I marvel at the driving (lack of) skills of many of the cagers here... I'll be a little nervous the first few rides for sure..:no: Awesome to be here though!

Beemer
27th December 2011, 20:51
Would love to catch up if you are passing, but are heading to the Australian Open in Mid-January so it may not work out.

Has anyone caught up with this guy on his travels? http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/picton/6192611/Easy-rider-just-keeps-going

Nobby
8th August 2012, 08:36
Hi there, we've hosted three lots of German motorcyclists lately (Tanja and Christian; Elke and Arne, and Tommy and Rosa) and now we're desperate for some new faces! We really loved having them to stay and would like to extend a tentative offer to anyone else travelling around NZ.

We live in the country north of Levin (roughly 50 kms south of Palmerston North and 100kms north of Wellington) and we have a spare double bed and plenty of safe garaging.

We also have a well equipped workshop and the tools and facilities to change tyres, oil, etc. Any travelling motorcyclists are welcome to use the workshop to work on their bikes during their stay.

My husband and I are pretty easy going, non-smokers, have no kids (just three furry ones - cats!), and don't ask for anything more than courtesy and respect for our home in return (but if you turn up with a bottle of wine, we wouldn't mind!), so please feel free to send us a PM if you are heading our way.

Hi Beemer!

That's a great offer! I'm looking forward to my NZ-journey in a few months, and I will contact you when I'm nearby. Be sure a bottle of wine or some bottles of beer (whatever you prefer) will be with me!
So if I meet your requirements ;) I hope there will be some funny days...

Greetings
Nobby