PDA

View Full Version : Riding Certs

IronicCapers
7th March 2006, 11:07
If yourv been riding bikes for a few years wether its track or trail do you still have to sit that Test where they see if you can handle the two wheel control? Or can you simply state im a good rider and not spend money to get it

Cookie
7th March 2006, 11:14
I think so mate. On the bright side, the test will be a breeze! :yes:

Flatcap
7th March 2006, 11:17
Yep - you have to do the test.

ZeroIndex
7th March 2006, 11:18
Haha, that would be brilliant if they did that: Competancy Based Training, which still takes a while to finish (and money), but that was only a trial they did, so whether they bring it back or not is another question... but you still have to do tests and stuff, there's no easy street when it comes to getting licences...

Rosie
7th March 2006, 11:24
If yourv been riding bikes for a few years wether its track or trail do you still have to sit that Test where they see if you can handle the two wheel control? Or can you simply state im a good rider and not spend money to get it

I'm pretty sure you still have to sit the test. If you just do the test with a testing officer it's cheaper than the training-course-and-test type places.

Insanity_rules
8th March 2006, 07:54
I'm pretty sure you still have to sit the test. If you just do the test with a testing officer it's cheaper than the training-course-and-test type places.

True to that but the training courses are actually kinda fun. Advise is use a small road bike or road reg'd dirt bike as the cone weave is quite tight in the handling course.