PDA

View Full Version : Govt process and us.

Big Dave
7th March 2006, 19:46
Apparently there is a person that the Government includes on the consultative comittees for matters transit - and he is representing motorcyclists - vege told me the guys name - but it's gone. doh.

He is a private consultant he said - anybody got a clue who he is.

I'd love to identify what democratic processes (if any) are in place?

dc

Streetwise
7th March 2006, 20:19
are you talking about LTNZ or government,???

Big Dave
7th March 2006, 20:25
are you talking about LTNZ or government,???

Good question. I'll find out who the guy is again tomorrow.
From what i understand 'this person' is motocyclists representative to the govt on consultative committees etc, like the AA is for cars.

I could have it wrong too.

Streetwise
7th March 2006, 21:08
well i know there are five motorcycle folk that the LTNZ use for all there rubbish,

SPman
7th March 2006, 21:10
well i know there are five motorcycle folk that the LTNZ use for all there rubbish,
Who are they - retired Ullysses members..........:whistle:

oldrider
7th March 2006, 21:29
Who are they - retired Ullysses members..........:whistle:
:Oi: That's fighting talk SPman! All that saves you is, your youth, your size, your immaculate bike, my arthritis and the fact that I can't fight for shit.:thud:
I know where you live. I will avoid you if you are not carefull. :blip: John.

Ixion
7th March 2006, 21:31
I believe John Wright may be one of the five. I do not intend any negativity by that statement, just I think they (LTNZ) consult him

Streetwise
9th March 2006, 13:04
No not ullysses members as far as i know,, I know who they are and half of them dont ride at all,

Swoop
9th March 2006, 16:35
Good question. I'll find out who the guy is again tomorrow.
From what i understand 'this person' is motocyclists representative to the govt on consultative committees etc, like the AA is for cars.

I could have it wrong too.
Sounds spot-on to me. Find some "consultant" who agrees with our line of bullshit and HIRE THAT PERSON AS AN EXPERT!!!

Streetwise
9th March 2006, 18:54
whats the purpose for knowing, ????

Big Dave
10th March 2006, 01:22
whats the purpose for knowing, ????

Part time journo curiosity.

Streetwise
10th March 2006, 18:58
who do you write for,???

Big Dave
16th March 2006, 15:03
who do you write for,???

Sorry - missed this - I'm the Art Director at Kiwi Rider and sometimes they let me dribble.

DemonWolf
16th March 2006, 15:07
I wouldn't call it dribble...

I'd have to say, I nearly always check out what ya have to say... quite interesting really.

Big Dave
16th March 2006, 15:41
I wouldn't call it dribble...

I'd have to say, I nearly always check out what ya have to say... quite interesting really.

Thank you.
Please excuse the reality check mechanism.
My old man says 'It's better to be hard on your work than up your self.'

oldrider
16th March 2006, 15:58
So what was the outcome of the original question/suggestion about the LTSA's motorcycle advisers? :spudwhat: Who are they?

Big Dave
16th March 2006, 16:01
So what was the outcome of the original question/suggestion about the LTSA's motorcycle advisers? :spudwhat: Who are they?

I haven't spoken to vege since.
ACC has the Motorcycle reference group - some of whom are on - or have associates on KB.

NC
16th March 2006, 16:09
I have to admit, I do like to read your stuff , dave.

Big Dave
16th March 2006, 18:36
I have to admit, I do like to read your stuff , dave.

Why, thank you too - and from one immature to another :p

terbang
19th March 2006, 12:10
Looks like they have had some sucess on the other side of the Tassie..
I know the Politicians only do this for self promotion but the spin off is the Motorcyclists get heard.

MEDIA RELEASE
The Hon Warren Truss MP
Minister for Transport and Regional Services
28 January 2006
008WT/2006

MINISTER LOOKS OUT FOR MOTORCYCLE RIDERS

The Australian Government Minister for Transport and Regional Services, Warren Truss, today called on Australian motorists to watch out for motorcyclists on our roads.

Mr Truss said this message is even more relevant than anytime in the past as there has been a number of motorcyclists killed on our roads in recent months.

"This motorbike awareness message also reflects my strong belief that road safety is everyone's responsibility whether you are a driver, rider, pedestrian or a passenger. We all need to take personal responsibility for safety on our roads.

"The current message from the motor cycling community -'Look once, look twice, think bike' - is sound advice."

Mr Truss today hosted an afternoon tea for representatives of the motorcycle community following a national motorcycle awareness ride where up to 20,000 motorcycle riders and pillion passengers from Sydney, Melbourne and regional centres converged on Canberra.

"While state and territory governments have operational responsibility for motor vehicle safety, the Australian Government is concerned that motorcyclists are a vulnerable sector of road users.

"We are making progress to improve motorcycle safety. The Motorcycle Safety Consultative Committee, which is chaired by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau in my department, is engaged in ongoing, constructive consultation with motorcycle rider groups.

"I commend Bikers Australia, the organisers of today's awareness ride, and others in the motorcycling community for taking these road safety messages to the community," he said.

"Despite increased spending on the nation's roads, more advanced safety technology in vehicles and a greater focus on driver education, the fact that 78 people lost their lives on our roads over the holiday period shows that much more still needs to be done to achieve our target of reducing the road toll by 40% by the year 2010.

"Significant progress has been made in recent years but the rate of improvement has slowed. Current figures indicate that the number of road deaths for 2005 exceeded the 2004 figure by 52 road deaths.

"Reducing death and injuries on our roads remains the Australian Government's highest priority. Every one of the 78 people killed over the recent holiday period is a life cut tragically short and is devastating not only for families and friends but for Australia as a nation," Mr Truss said.