PDA

View Full Version : Hi there....

Tigger
11th April 2004, 21:51
:wavey: Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while reading about all your exploits, but decided I should really introduce myself....

I'm very new to this biking thing, I've only been riding a couple of months after getting tired of being the pillion on my partners bike. I thought I'd like to be in charge of where we go! So today was the longest ride I've been on. We went over the Rimutaka's to visit family in Masterton, then on up to the Pahiatua track, over to Palmy for a kebab and then back down SH1 with all the traffic. We were planning on going over the Paekak Hill on the way back but it was closed when we went past. And now I'm knackered. It's a long way when every corner is a challenge!

Anyway, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at some stage. I'm the one with the Tigger ears on my helmet. Going really slowly on the corners on the way down the hill. You can't miss me! And apologies if I hold you up....

Zed
11th April 2004, 22:02
:wavey: Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while reading about all your exploits, but decided I should really introduce myself....

I'm very new to this biking thing, I've only been riding a couple of months after getting tired of being the pillion on my partners bike. I thought I'd like to be in charge of where we go! So today was the longest ride I've been on. We went over the Rimutaka's to visit family in Masterton, then on up to the Pahiatua track, over to Palmy for a kebab and then back down SH1 with all the traffic. We were planning on going over the Paekak Hill on the way back but it was closed when we went past. And now I'm knackered. It's a long way when every corner is a challenge!

Anyway, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at some stage. I'm the one with the Tigger ears on my helmet. Going really slowly on the corners on the way down the hill. You can't miss me! And apologies if I hold you up....
Welcome to KB Tigger- you must look a hoot with those ears! :laugh:

Glad you decided to join up, contributing beats lurking any day of the week. :bleh:

Plenty of good riding advice in here, and take care out there.

Zed

Hitcher
11th April 2004, 23:00
Welcome to the Mad House! I get a feeling you're going to fit in just fine.

dangerous
11th April 2004, 23:10
Hi there from the south, Were o were is Titahi bay? A VTR aye, aworsom stuff, all good bikes have V2's in em. Enjoy this site.

CYA d

Tigger
11th April 2004, 23:14
Thanks for the welcome guys. Titahi Bay is just north of Wellington, but as I've just moved I'd better adjust my details....

Ms Piggy
11th April 2004, 23:38
Hey Tigger,
Well done you for your first big ride over the Rimutakas! :2thumbsup It's bloody scary if ya ask me! If you are ever looking for another person that goes slow round corners I'm your gal! Not at the moment tho :argh:

Yup welcome to KB's as well, there are lots of great people here.

Btw - have you thought about joining WIMA (Womens International Motorcycle Assoc)? I've just joined & they have rides too. Pm me if you want more info on it.

Cathy

claire
12th April 2004, 12:52
Welcome Tigger.

Hope you enjoyed your first ride now the wearyness has worn off. I learned for much the same reasons you have and found that after a few kilometres all those things you're concentrating to do at the momnet become second nature and you start to do them automatically - thats when you get to the end of the ride and your buzzing not looking for the nearest convenient place to have a kip.

Take care out there

Claire

Marknz
12th April 2004, 14:15
Hi Tigger, and welcome to our world. Congratualtions on picking what I believe to be the best learners bike available... bloody brilliant they are.

Tigger
12th April 2004, 17:07
Well, I'm feeling pretty happy today, now that I'm not a Rimutaka virgin anymore. :cool: I must admit, going down was a bit scary, and I was taking some of those corners reeeaalllly slow. I think I'd slow you down Celtic Sea Lily!

I love my VTR, it's a great bike, great to learn on, and I can get one toe on the ground which is handy. :niceone: Although yesterday I was looking at my partner on his FJR 1300 up ahead with that nice big screen shielding him from the wind, listening to music, while I was being blown all over the road from these amazing cross winds up near Palmerston North, and I admit I was dreaming of a bigger bike...... ah well, all in good time.

SPman
13th April 2004, 10:47
And dont be embarrassed about going slow in corners. With experience and practice, it all gets easier - just keep on riding and enjoying.

Holy Roller
13th April 2004, 11:14
At least going slow in corners you are less likely to bin it.
Just got to watch out for the cages behind you thinking they're Scott Dixon.
Like SPman said, confidence and experience will grow as will your enjoyment.
keep the rubberside down :scooter:

magnum
16th April 2004, 23:22
hey welcome aboard.as long as youre having fun youll learn as you go,do a track day when youre ready,itll improve your riding heaps.

pete376403
16th April 2004, 23:28
Problem with living in Wellington is that there are only two ways out of the area. Rimutaka - pahiatua track -Palmy -back to Wellington is just going around the block.
Another interesting, lotsa corners ride is over the Akatarewas to Waikanae

pete376403
18th April 2004, 00:04
I do believe I saw you and another bike heading north thru the terrace tunnel today about 11 ish. heading south in the car when the missus said "that riders got ears on". If it was you tigger then they certainly make you noticeable :yes:

babyB
18th April 2004, 05:25
welcome tigger. good on ya

Hitcher
18th April 2004, 14:41
Another interesting, lotsa corners ride is over the Akatarewas to Waikanae

Mrs H did the Akatarawa road on about our third big adventure on our 250s. This is a seriously scary bit of tarmac -- blind corners, slumps in the road, dickheads in 4wds who don't know how to keep left, and boy racers in their WRXs who are all over the road like a mad woman's shit. Apart from that, it's quite a scenic ride. The views out over Waikanae from the top of the saddle are lovely!

Hitcher
18th April 2004, 14:44
Another adventurous ride for Wellington 250 newbies is the Makara loop road from the arse end of Karori to the arse end of Johnsonville. Lots of good corners in here to practice on. My best time on a 250 to home and back on this loop is 32 minutes. I don't think I'll try and better this on the Zrex!

toads
21st April 2004, 15:49
awesome Tigger, you certainly have been on a decent sort of ride, I feel absolutely buggered after an hours ride on my bike, mind you there's a pothole every 2 feet in our road. grrrrr