PDA

View Full Version : Cheap parts

basespacer
9th March 2006, 10:34
Sup peoples? I just got my first bike this (fast fading from memory) summer. Its a Suzuki AX100 '86, and with nothing to compare it to I just love it. The stink thing is its so light it gets blown over regularly, the obvious consequences: the indicators get smashed and fall off. So I was wondering if anyone's got insider hook-ups on where to get parts for this sort of bike, or even a rusty old model they could chop the parts off for me (wishful thinking's awesome!).

Cheers all

skelstar
9th March 2006, 10:43
Welcome to the site BS. Got a newbie ride over to the Wairarapa this weekend if you are keen (Sorry, am assuming newbie-ish status).

basespacer
9th March 2006, 11:00
Cheers Skelstar! I'd be keen but my only bike's really in a shocking state, like actually illegal to ride. I'll have to take a rain check till I've sorted it out.

Insanity_rules
20th March 2006, 20:14
Hey there, welcome....

Have you tried Buckets and bits in Naenae? real friendly people and good prices. Heres a link to their site http://www.motorcyclesnz.co.nz

Say hi if you get out on one of our rides fella, I'm doing up my bike too.

far queue
20th March 2006, 20:19
Can't help with the bits sorry, but welcome aboard

clint640
21st March 2006, 12:45
Keep & eye on trademe & the free ads papers too, you'd probably get a whole non running AX100 for about $50.

Cheers
Clint

marty
21st March 2006, 13:05
strap a mattress onto it and just lie it down instead of leaving it on the stand.

make sure you always park it back wheel into the kerb, leaning or pointing into the wind.

find a big wall to park next to.

park between full dresser gold wings.