PDA

View Full Version : To the bike cop that stopped me this morning...

Phurrball
10th March 2006, 15:39
You know who you are...

I did the maths in my head at the time and I know you could have bled my coffers dry for at least four things coming to quite a substantial total fine. I didn't really deserve to be let off with a warning for all of these things, and I would have considered myself lucky to only wear a fine for one offence - I am feeling very mindful of this now.

Being late for work (and being pre-coffee and breakfast) is no excuse for *ahem* bending the rules to the extent you witnessed, nor for being less than studious about checking my mirrors.

My restricted is now booked. From now on I'll be doing my best to behave (and leave earlier for work!), because I know you'll remember me, and I wouldn't expect to be so fortunate a second time...

Thanks. :o :pinch: I am suitably chastened.

And for the rest of you that are always bagging the cops for nailing every small thing all the time, here's proof otherwise. :bleh:

So give the cops you see on the way home a wave for me - especially the ones on bikes! It'll put them in a good mood (even if they're a little confused)

scumdog
10th March 2006, 15:43
I suggest you read the thread "for COPS only" (or whatever it's titled) and see what the cops are 'really' like?:wait:

Apparently you must have met an aberation to the norm.

Lucky bugger eh?:yes:

Phurrball
10th March 2006, 15:48
I suggest you read the thread "for COPS only" (or whatever it's titled) and see what the cops are 'really' like?:wait:

Yep - the start of that thread is a bollocks, ill thought out, inappropriately directed rant - I put in my $0.02. I know how goddam lucky I am, and like the officer said, I never know where he'll pop up. So I'd better be good - I didn't really deserve such leniency this time, and I certainly would expect to get clobbered if the same fellow spots me being naughty again...

onearmedbandit
10th March 2006, 15:57
Good to hear on all accounts.

Ixion
10th March 2006, 16:08
I wave to biker cops. Often get a nod or wave back.

APPLE
10th March 2006, 16:36
i normally get looked at by cops in cars, suspisiously aye?i reckon its cos' im cool aye man?.............hahahahahahahaha:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sAsLEX
10th March 2006, 16:42

same here, saw a group of three of them in the city the other day, got a nod back!

jaybee180
10th March 2006, 16:47
According to a lot of people on this site this couldn't possibly have been a real cop! He must have been a wanna be and actually didn't have a ticket book!

Glad to hear that you actually met one that fits the norm. There's plenty more of them out there.

Wish he had been around when I got my speeding ticket the other day!

terbang
10th March 2006, 17:15
Good-onya to that cop for a fair deal and an errant corrected..
Aww shite thats 2 times in one day Ive said nice things about rozzers..Whats this site doing to me..?

kiwifruit
10th March 2006, 17:22
Good to hear mate :)

i also wave to bikie cops, why not aye, they are bikers aswell....
But then, i wave to groups of patched riders on Harleys too,
cops usually nod or wave,
groups of patched harley riders usually do not for some reason.

terbang
10th March 2006, 17:22
Hey Jaybee are you the HP that works the Huntly area.? Cos if you are then the perfume was appreciated..!

DemonWolf
10th March 2006, 17:26

Scumdog you know full well that not all members of KB have it against "cops"
and I'm sure you are aware that there are some people in any Profession that have it against certain types.. No one can be perfect. But then again some people just take it that extra mile to ruin peoples lives.. because of either ego's, powertrips, bad days, or just plain enjoy it...

Please don't make out that the entire site are against law enforcement.. because not all of us are!

/SemiRantModeOff

Nicksta
10th March 2006, 17:34
wow... lucky dude......
not all cops are mean and out to get you...
and this jsut prooves it.... i'd be stoked!

XTC
10th March 2006, 17:59
So who was it stopped on the motorway north of drury on the GS1200SS yesterday?? Bike cop and a plain car - what'd you do to deserve that?

Phurrball
11th March 2006, 15:05
(snip)
i also wave to bikie cops, why not aye, they are bikers aswell....
(snip)

Aye, I've been known to do that in the past - bikie cops ain't that common, and always more pleasing to see than HP cars - maybe 'twas good karma that I'd been waving :yes:

Unfortunately the earliest I could sit my restricted was the 23rd...oh well, booked and paid for. (They even let me keep my glasses on for the photo this time!:2thumbsup)

N4CR
11th March 2006, 16:08
I have a story that I will most probably never ever tell... but yes, there are some very good cops out there who are real people who can sort of put themselves in your shoes, and who are not just ticket machines. Discretion is still faintly alive, but not to common.

You are lucky. Take it as a warning to speed/do stupid shit in the proper place and time without endangering other people.

stify
11th March 2006, 17:29
i've had my fair share of "talks" an "let off's",can only agree with titytank an pball, there are a lot of good coppers about

froggyfrenchman
11th March 2006, 17:42
there are some damn good cops out there, and some real pricks they have to deal with. Great to hear of youre good experiance.

Now can we cut this whole thread and insert it into the for cops only drivel?

SPman
11th March 2006, 20:26
So, you Nod to the man.........
Same guy, Phurrball?

Ixion
11th March 2006, 20:49
What bike was it ? I think Mr Nodman is the only cop still riding one of those funny little Hondas. Wrong part of world for Mr Bikeycop I think.

deathstar
11th March 2006, 21:44
i dunno if a cop that doesn't give you a ticket is out of the norm but yeah it proves that if he lets you off and you then speed again he can throw the book at ya, and the one thing i have to think of is they wouldn't give you a speeding ticket or write you up on stuff if it wasn't wrong ... you won't get a speeding ticket for doing 50 in a 50 zone

NodMan
15th March 2006, 09:07
So, you Nod to the man.........
Same guy, Phurrball?

you never know when that ugly bugger will appear!!

so how did he get that name???

been noddin for more than 35yrs the ole bugger!!

JohnR
15th March 2006, 13:34
My restricted is now booked. From now on I'll be doing my best to behave (and leave earlier for work!), because I know you'll remember me, and I wouldn't expect to be so fortunate a second time...

Would this have been the case if he had ticketed you? Or would you have joined the "all rozzers are bastards brigade"?

Phurrball
15th March 2006, 18:35
Would this have been the case if he had ticketed you? Or would you have joined the "all rozzers are bastards brigade"?

Yep - I'd still be getting my restricted ASAP as my partner has just beaten me to the 6R class...Couldn't live with that shame for too long my man!

I try my best to avoid the 'all rozzers are bastards' bandwagon - far too simplistic for my liking.

Just like in humanity in general, some people are bastrads; it follows then, that some rozzers are bastrads.

If I was riding on that bandwagon, this thread would have been of quite a different tone...ticket or not...either way I would have been ranting, or crowing gleefully at my good fortune in getting one over on 'the man'.

In this particular circumstance I would have let that bandwagon roll past either way for the following reasons:

I was expecting a ticket, and I was feeling as okay about receiving a ticket as is possible because:

A) I probably deserved a ticket [as mentioned earlier]

B) The officer concerned was pleasant and displayed a sense of humour - certainly not condescending or rubbing me up the wrong way in the least.

C) The officer concerned was on a bike, so a ticket would have been easier to take from a fellow biker of some professional riding experience as opposed to a car-bound HP unit.

(That all said, I could still feel the chill of creeping poverty and demerits making its way up my spine when I was pulled over...)

As it is, I feel a little sheepish at getting a warning when a ticket for at least one offence was justified if not deserved - maybe this is how I'm supposed to feel? I made a point of booking my restricted with renewed urgency (It's hard to find evidence of current address on a whim y'know), and I'm making a conscious effort to behave better...avoiding running late is a good start (Farking dammned mornings...)

quickbuck
15th March 2006, 20:08
While we are on the topic of Biker cops, let me tell you the story of a fantastic day I had today.

Four of them from different parts of the country are at work at the moment doing a skills course.

I was ordered to sit in on it, to see if the content will be beneficial to us.

I learnt heaps and heaps, and found I was already good at some stuff, but had a good opportunity to improve.

The funniest bit of the day was when we went for fuel in the local town ship.

Imagine this, a very familiar bike in town being followed by 4 BMW1150's into town, and a Harley 1450 to add to the mix (our Padre).
When we arrived at the servo to fuel up, the Padre said I must have HUGE Kahunas, as when I was hitting the 70 zone, I was still doing 90ish! :doh:

A great bunch of blokes though, and nobody said anything. I got more hassles for taking the CBR off-roading then the going got too tight.
Oh, and the fact that the tyres on the CBR didn't meat WOF standard at the beginning of the day, and most certainly don't now!

Highlight of the day was looking at the grin on the instructors face behind the laser gun as I was setting the speed record for the countersteering test.

Can't wait for tomorrow, and I am going to sleep very well tonight.

Madness
15th March 2006, 20:42
I got a ticket once and the nice policeman said "nice bike" to me just as he handed me the notice, that softened the initial blow.
I think the general duties police are in the most part pretty forgiving and will only ticket you if you have been a complete and total twat. The HP are a different kettle of fish however and the main reason I stay the hell out of the Waikato.
I considered joining once, but I figure they'll have some kind of drug-testing:ride:

Phurrball
16th March 2006, 08:40
Phurrball... you may have the man who posted directly above you to thank for your tale of wonder....nod nod.. wink wink...

Aye, I'm nodding in agreement...

Oh so many bad, bad puns...I:no: There needs to be some language warnings or infringements issued...where are you Hitcher??

pritch
16th March 2006, 12:08
The HP are a different kettle of fish however and the main reason I stay the hell out of the Waikato.

The Waikato guys seem to be developing a reputation. I've met two, one was a plonker, the other one was just going through the motions.

Interestingly, their reputation is similar with some people within the Police force.

madboy
16th March 2006, 13:02
I've heard some pretty interesting stories about what the cops get up to on training rides, direct from one of them! And if I had a choice about which form of cop to get stopped by, I'd definitely be voting for the bike cop. At least they might be less likely to be in the "bad egg" category.

I've never been stopped while I've been riding, so I can't enter the debate on roadside manners toward bikers. I can tell you the last one in the car was a prat, but to his credit he didn't give me a ticket. That was a couple years ago now.

quickbuck
16th March 2006, 18:30
Twas assesment day today.

I found there are some areas I need to improve on, but my braking is good.
One test was to run off the runway at 50k's onto the grass and stop.

I was the only one without ABS (as equipment on the bike), but I proved to myself that the ABS in my brain is just as good, if not better.
Mind it is easier hauling up 290kg of CBR + rider than over 430kg of BMW.

For the countersteer test I wound up the CBR in 1st, and the front started to lift, so I thought COOL, and helped it up some more. Why not, it is an airfield after all (and nobody else was around). Approched the excercise at 80k.

Got asked how fast I was going, and said around 80. Even though I took off like a bullet, it showed I was still under the open road speed limit.

I guess it was a learning excercise for the bikercops. to see what a little sports bike is capabile of.

I let one of them have a ride, and he wants one for a toy. Came back with a big smile on his face.

It is a tough course, and I have much respect for them. Those bikes are a handful.