PDA

View Full Version : My new Bike! ^^ (well not yet) but opinions please

.produKt
12th March 2006, 11:32
Heey im baaaack :D

havent been on here a month or so, but the good news is
I finally managed to sell my deathcan turbo subaru for 3k! ^^
(pics http://www.phattpad.orcon.net.nz/IMG_0054%20(Small).JPG)

And i spied this fairing equiped ZXR250 1$ reserve on Trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=49754964 ....
It ends in one hour from now O_O, i wonder if i could own a zxr250 in one hour? or is a bike with 60,000 km's no good?

As ya can see ive made a bid or two, but you guys\gals thing i should go for it? i mean it'll be my first bike.

gah,
So, Opinions Please?

Sniper
12th March 2006, 11:34
Neat bike mate, I would have it checked over by a mech if you buy it.

Zed
12th March 2006, 11:40
As ya can see ive made a bid or two, but you guys\gals thing i should go for it? i mean it'll be my first bike.Looks like a reasonable deal to me, but i wouldn't buy it through the TM auction process without getting it checked over properly and taking it for a test ride! It's been for sale since the 5th March so you've had plenty of time to do that, have you? :confused:

.produKt
12th March 2006, 11:44
:angry2: Well as with Trademe auctions you really are buying blind,

Unless someone in auckland reading this wants to go for a free blat on a zxr250 and tell me what its like? :D :yes:

Ahh, im buying with a bit of risk involved, its almost giving me that excitement shot of adrenaline :D lol

Zed
12th March 2006, 12:05
Unless someone in auckland reading this wants to go for a free blat on a zxr250 and tell me what its like? :D :yes: Bit late for that now innit! But a number of members on this site have had others go and inspect/ride bikes for sale because they can't do it themselves living in a different city.

.produKt
12th March 2006, 12:18
Well thats true, I had a Honda VT250 Magna Checked out for me by ApplicatioNZ.
All was well :-) but i missed out as i couldnt sell my car quick enough to purchase the bike before someone else did :(

Back Fire
13th March 2006, 01:18
But a number of members on this site have had others go and inspect/ride bikes for sale because they can't do it themselves living in a different city.

Yip, I myself had the kindly help of a KB'er check a bike for me... saved me getting lemon :niceone:

Insanity_rules
21st March 2006, 07:09
So Produkt, did you get it?