PDA

View Full Version : Forgive 4 i am about to sin

froggyfrenchman
12th March 2006, 17:58
Thats right, in a rare momentary lapse of reason, i have agreed to go spend the next week pulling down a powdercoating unit.

In *cough, gasp* Auckland

Oh god help me:Pokey:

Skunk
12th March 2006, 18:12
Be brave... It'll soon be over and then you'll return to New Zealand. Travel to other countries with strange ways and customs is often a bit of a culture shock.
Make the most of it and experience a different existence.

APPLE
12th March 2006, 18:16
hahahaha,dont worry mate,y'ull get use to all that smog with'n week?y'ull be a jaffa be 4 then mate?you might not wanna go bak to hastings????

froggyfrenchman
12th March 2006, 18:31
Im not too sure bout this, i mean theres culture shocks, then there is self inflicted punnishment! Good thing im gettn paid bloody well for this excursion, and i dont have to associate with many of the "natives" of this strange land

crashe
12th March 2006, 18:38
Oi you there aint nothing wrong with Auckland...
We really are a friendly bunch of people.... Honest we are...:spudflip:

So which area are you gonna be in....
Like working in???
Like staying in???

Oh yeah welcome to Auckland........:wavey:
the land of lane splitting...:niceone:

froggyfrenchman
12th March 2006, 18:45
Im pulling the plant outa a place in Henderson, Dont know where im staying yet (got office girls for that)

Unfortunatly im going up in a Falcon station wagon (this keeps getting worse) so there will be no lanesplitting for me...

MSTRS
12th March 2006, 18:47
You have our sympathies. Are your innoculations up to date??

froggyfrenchman
12th March 2006, 18:51
Thats a worring thought mstrs....Might have to stop in Taupo for a checkup and boostershots..

BEAMER89
12th March 2006, 18:52
take a good map, and go and do your work and get the f#*k outer ther real quick smart matey. they may try 2 claim u as there own LOL .:spudwave:

crashe
12th March 2006, 18:52
wohooooo you gonna hit West Auckland...:wavey:

You will fit in well with that mullet of yours..:msn-wink: :wavey:

Me 5 minutes away by vehicle from Henderson.:spudbn:

Edit: So when do you arrive in our great city... of the mullets??

froggyfrenchman
12th March 2006, 19:00
I had thought bout meeting with some of you guys while there, But inall reality im working and sleeping, with very little time inbetween, and i wonthave any net acess while up there. Just a boring week for me i guess

Jackrat
12th March 2006, 19:32
Less likely to get stabbed on the way to work but,,,:shifty: :laugh:

Mental Trousers
12th March 2006, 19:48
Just don't drink the water cos those of us furter south pissed in it yesterday :Pokey:

Oh, and when you're out and about, if you aren't sure then it's a man.

froggyfrenchman
12th March 2006, 19:54
Thats some bloody good advise mr M-T!

Lou Girardin
13th March 2006, 11:03
Need directions?
Around K Rd and Howe St is a good place to meet freindly locals of an evening.

Sniper
13th March 2006, 11:17
You are braver than I sir.

SpeedyGirl
13th March 2006, 11:22
Oh, and when you're out and about, if you aren't sure then it's a man.

Is that from experience??? :dodge: :killingme

Fishy
13th March 2006, 11:25
Thats right, in a rare momentary lapse of reason, i have agreed to go spend the next week pulling down a powdercoating unit.

In *cough, gasp* Auckland

Oh god help me:Pokey:

Hey Froggy, Who's powdercoat plant is being taken down?

We have a powdercoat plant at work, ...for coating aluminium extrusion...do bits n pieces for mates too - wheels/frames/brackets etc...

GN1NiteStnd
13th March 2006, 13:07
hmmm I'm all alone while frogs out of town for the guts of a week, whats a girl to do ... :devil2:

MSTRS
13th March 2006, 13:20
hmmm I'm all alone while frogs out of town for the guts of a week, whats a girl to do ... :devil2:
You don't REALLY want us to tell you. Do you?:rofl: :corn:

crashe
13th March 2006, 13:46

Have fun............ we won't tell him... cos he reckons he aint got internet conection for the week... so he wont be able to keep tabs on you...

Go and party.. enjoy the freedom.... have a blast..
get out there on your bike... or then again go and have a ride on his bike..:whistle:

Mental Trousers
13th March 2006, 14:00
Is that from experience??? :dodge: :killingme

errr, what would I be doing hanging around a seedy, dodgy part of town ...... I mean ..... ummmm ..... that would be dodgy ..... and some immoral stuff probably happens .... and I don't do any of those sorts of things .... ever ..... honest

yungatart
13th March 2006, 14:28
Really sorry to hear of your misfortune Froggy. Remember that rush hour traffic up there is not over in ten minutes, unlike our glorious bay cities-and they don't drink Tui, mate, weird, huh? Go figure!

GN1NiteStnd
16th March 2006, 11:56
... or then again go and have a ride on his bike..:whistle:
I would except I cant start it, and it doesnt idle very well, which makes the possibility of having to start it more than once very likely.

froggyfrenchman
18th March 2006, 09:48
Well.... that really really sucked.

After driving for a meer 6hrs, i made it to our motel in Henderson. Quite possibly the crappiest place i have ever stayed in! Sunset Lodge, on Te Auatu rd. On the 2nd night there i learned it had recently been closed down by the police after the discovery of a P lab in one of the units. Bad scene.

I went for a drive down to the Awaroa building, where i was to get this powercoating plant out of to have my 1st look at the job. Got straight on to the phone to my boss in hastings and told him to throw another guy on a plane, just my luck... they sent my father in law:crazy:

Tuesday: Got up early and waited for my $15 breakfast to arive to my room. At 7:30, one of those tiny boxes of wheetbix and a sachet of sugar turned up. Think i got ripped! Went to leave and had a sudden sharp pain in my stomach, like someone was scraping their fingernails down the inside... Great, my stomach ulser :brick: Rest of the day spent doubled over in pain on uncomfortable motel bed. Went to see a doctor early afternoon ($100:thud: )
Got some real groovey pain killers. Bout 4pm the father in law turned up. Taxi fare from airport to our motel... $125.

Wednesday: Felling almost human again, went back to Awaroa and started pulling down the unit. Knowing i was a day behind, i left all spanners and sockets on the back of the car, in favor of a gas axe, forklift, 3 sledge hammers in various sizes and a bobcat. Needless to say we had it broken into truck sixed pieces by the end of that day.

Thursday: Got a riddle for you... how do you use a 3 ton forklift to lift 6ton lumps of machinery and plant them on a truck? Simple... follow the forklift around with a bobcat, keeping the cat's bucket on the back of the forklift stopping it from falling over. Took 12hrs to load 7 lowloader B trains.

Friday: Thank God, we are out of here! On the road at 7:30, got out of Auckland bout 9:45... dont know if it was the father in laws crappy navigation or the gridlocked traffic in all directions. Breathed a sigh of releif as i saw the "welcome to hamilton" sign. Back in New Zealand. Thank God!
Streched the drive home out by stopping often (gotta do 8 hrs u know...)
Then swapped the Falcon for my own car bout 4pm. HOME!!!!! So i zoom off home to find my girl as sick as a dog, the house knee deep in snotty tissues and my best mate sittin on my front porch drinkin beer. At least he was easy to please.... all those beers slipped down real nice. Good to be back in Tui country, even if i am drinking Stella....

MSTRS
18th March 2006, 10:11
Auckland - the stuff of nightmares. Welcome back to the world. I expect you will be in quarantine for a few days?? Tui will help, mate. Leave the Belgium muck alone

Shaun
18th March 2006, 13:44
At least you still had the decency to look after Stella:clap:

froggyfrenchman
18th March 2006, 13:54
I would except I cant start it, and it doesnt idle very well, which makes the possibility of having to start it more than once very likely.

Now, can anyone guess why the idle on my bike is turned right down and the automatic decompression is adjusted to provide a bit of "kick back"?

myvice
18th March 2006, 20:21
A Falcon in West Auckland?
You would have fitted right in too...
I would love to leave but the $$$ is too good!

froggyfrenchman
25th March 2006, 08:54
was atcually quite dissapointed. i was the westiest guy up there! With the mullet and the falcon and all

Motoracer
25th March 2006, 12:43
Ha ha ha, no wonder so many people hate Auckland. I guess it sort of has to grow on you after a while... (I personally love it!)

At least you don't have to live in this hole huh?

Mental Trousers
25th March 2006, 13:28
Shower often and drink plenty of Tui. You'll come right soon. On the plus side, at least you didn't catch that nasty cold your young lady has ...... :doctor: