PDA

View Full Version : Excellent ride today

Bonez
12th March 2006, 18:03
Saddle Rd, Pahiatua (well just about) Pongaroa, Webber, Dannivirk, Otane, Havelock North via Middle rd. Lunch at Mum and Dads and back via Easthorpe, Patangata, Waipawa, Onga Onga, Hwy 50, Norsewood for a cuppa, then off home via the Manawatu Gorge.

Couple of picks. James having a secretive tittle [note the size of the magic mushrooms] and me consulting the orical as to our current location out in the middle of the country somewhere. Another one of James admiring ye olde Hoonda.

Met a nice lady riding a Bandit 1200 at Waipuk-she knows who she is, another KBer. Good luck with the interveiw.

froggyfrenchman
12th March 2006, 18:11
Those are a great set of roads, not a bad ride at all. I was suposed to be racing buckets in Waipawa today, gave up on that plan, so i was gonna ride down to the Patangata to waste the day, sickness killed that plan, and my chances of lucking into meeting you guys. Oh well, always next time

BEAMER89
12th March 2006, 18:18
I dont know were any of those roads are, but im glad u had a good ride!:scooter:

oldrider
12th March 2006, 18:19
Enjoyed your report, felt I was with you. Spent my first 15yrs in that territory. Cheers John :yes:

T.W.R
12th March 2006, 18:30
good country around those parts for a cruise;)
but :crazy: your survived Norsewood :wacko: no banjos playing in the background today? lols

Bonez
12th March 2006, 18:36
I dont know were any of those roads are, but im glad u had a good ride!:scooter:About 430 odd kms of varied rds with some minor road works. We weren't in any hurry so it took most of the day. It really was an impromptue run to introduce James to some Rds he's never been on and in the process, due to Dads direction, got me on some I hadn't been on since I was a kid.

Oh thanks for putting on brekky btw James.:niceone:

froggyfrenchman
12th March 2006, 18:37
The biggest threat in Norsewood these days it the trolls, you see bout 5 years vack, a local ecentric who i will not name, decided he was gonna be a troll. he sewed tails to all his pants and started living this fantasy. Norsewood being as boring and strange as they are, addopted him as a town icon and a few more trolls have been born.

Although, whenever i stop there, i keep a keen ear out for the telltale dueling banjos... Thats my cue to get my "pretty mouth" outa there

Bonez
12th March 2006, 18:40
good country around those parts for a cruise;)
but :crazy: your survived Norsewood :wacko: no banjos playing in the background today? lolsOnly trolls. Just made the Cafe before closing. There was a group of about half a dozen or so bikes there earlier, including a trike out and about too. They stopped in the Norsewood for milkshake then back later for lunch.

cowboyz
12th March 2006, 19:40
bastard...... you are not surposed to go out riding when I am busy doing other things.........

oh well....... next weekend Im in..... Dont leave me behind...

Bonez
12th March 2006, 19:47
bastard...... you are not surposed to go out riding when I am busy doing other things.........

oh well....... next weekend Im in..... Dont leave me behind...Make sure you are tucked in early to bed next Saturday night. Wouldn't want the cx500combo to get away from you would we? I'll bring a tow rope just in case........................:devil2:

Edit- Fuck knows why the thread was moved to "Wannabe and Newbie bikers".

Meanie
12th March 2006, 20:10

oh well....... next weekend Im in..... Dont leave me behind...
Whats the matter cowboyz enjoy your nana nap while we were out enjoying the day :nya:
Awesome trip bones, my bike ran like clockwork after AFC did some work on her and they were great roads for riding especialy middle road, i could have run that road over and over all day
This would have to rate my finest ride to date, even wore my chicken strips :Punk: (i learnt a new phrase today) on my new tyres to about 5mm wide after scraping my foot pegs a few times
Today rocked :2thumbsup

Meanie
12th March 2006, 20:20
About 430 odd kms of varied rds with some minor road works. We weren't in any hurry so it took most of the day. It really was an impromptue run to introduce James to some Rds he's never been on and in the process, due to Dads direction, got me on some I hadn't been on since I was a kid.

Oh thanks for putting on brekky btw James.:niceone:
Brekky no problem Mark did you tell cowboyz we ate his bacon and eggs :lol:
Ta for posting pics maybe next time ill remember my camera
Nice to meet your folks
Ditto to the lady riding the bandit good luck with the interview

cowboyz
13th March 2006, 05:08
Brekky no problem Mark did you tell cowboyz we ate his bacon and eggs :lol:

such bad people......

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
18th May 2006, 11:19
Hi Bonez
Lady with the Bandit!! I got the job and have moved to Wellington now. Loving it, trying to find when a few rides are on down here. All settled in so have time now.

Cheers

Bonez
20th May 2006, 17:35
Hi Bonez
Lady with the Bandit!! I got the job and have moved to Wellington now. Loving it, trying to find when a few rides are on down here. All settled in so have time now.

CheersThat's good to hear. Wondered how you got on.

bladez
20th May 2006, 17:49
sounded like a great ride :ride: went on my first ride since boxing day today over to the hutt via the haywards gee fun o fun yours sounded more fun