PDA

View Full Version : Frosty race report AMCC round 3 Pukie

FROSTY
12th March 2006, 22:22
The day started out -well to be honest pretty ratty really. With a decent amount of rain making setting up in the pits pretty miserable.
Because there was no timing gear grid positions were decided fior the whole meeting by points acuumulated so far in the series. -woohoo grid 3 for me
Brand new tyres meant a slow practice in the wet slip sliding round a track covered in petrol and oil.
Still wet so I made the call to switch to full wets for race one--madduck and Gazza beavered away swapping my wheels over.
As a result of a very nasty crash and lunch break the track was fast drying out --so the faithfull crew fast threw on the still unscrubbed in dry tyres.
gazza spent a fair while scrubbing the glaze off of the treads so I might have some grip.
Race one and I was a tadd relaxed about the whole thing (I'm really trying to focuss on the whole "in the zone"thing)
I fluffed the start getting passed by 5--YES 5 bikes.
Into Jennian it was just a wall of bikes. Castrol I picked off bike 5 being doogal on mella yella then gave chase to bike 3 and 4 being KK and a guy on a zxr400--In lap 2 they colllided on the back straight -and I hammered on past em. It diddnt take me long and I was up behind no1 and two. Having their own lil ding dong battle.--The lead rider would look over his shoulder but as i gained on em i was hiding --over his other shoulder.
3 laps to go I dove in under both no2 and the lead rider exiting the hairpin and put my head down.I was just totally focussed on the track and going as fast as I could.
The white flag was waved and i glanced back to see I had a reasonable lead on the next rider -normally at this point I would fall to pieces--Not this time
I stayed "zoned" and took the chequred in first.
WOOHOO-I WON A RACE was screaming through my head.
race two and i diddnt want to repeat my last mistake off the start.
I got a pretty good start--BUT stew dawe got a better one-I glued myself to his back wheel and followed him though jennian,the esses and into castrol
Now stu id frigging fast --BUT I realised hes very slow getting on the gas exiting castrol.I snapped her open as I was still cranked over in castrol and the motor found its sweet spot and the bike flew out of castrol.
I passed stu 1/4 way down the back straight.
I left my braking for the hairpin 'a bit" late meaning a massive lockup and a bit of a slide.By the time I'd recovered that stu had slid on past me.
recovereing from that stuffup I short shifted out of the hairpin so id be driving hard up over the "hill".Stu isnt real fast there and I managed to gain a lot of ground on him.enough to almost get past down the start finish straight.
-Back to how we f##$ started I thought.
And again I shot past him exiting castrol.
I think he must have had a "moment" behind me because after that I had a fairly clear run for the rest of the race. I looked back with 1 lap to go to see wiggles on the ER650 about 1 corner behind me.
Again i just focused on me and the track-and staying smooth.
And another win. -YEEHAAA
Race three and I decided I was gonna get a better start. Flag dropped and i nailed her wide open -laying on the tank and hang on.
Into turn 1 (jennian ) --YES Im leading.
Just keep it nailed though the esses and onto the back straight.
Head down BUM up frosty --Yea -right till you f## up the hairpin AGAIN and wiggles slides past on the left of me at the hairpin.I held him out right through the corners before the "hill" but it was either back off or colide --so I chose the carefull option and backed off a fraction.
I caught and passed him over the hill and into jennian-but he hammered past through jennian.Wiggles is scarey fast into jennian but slows on the exit.I gained on him exiting Jennian and passed him into castrol.
We had a 4 lap duel--swapping places 2 or 3 times a lap.
This was hammer and tongs racing -throw ya brain out and race with ya guts.
In the end I got the braking into the hairpin just right and perfect drive out -that gave me enough lead on him to mean he couldnt get me back into Jennian. -From there on In I pulled a bit of a lead -maybee 20-30 meters
It was enough to get me in the lead for the white flag then a glance back and i was clear running to take win No3
3 races 3 wins ---I'm totally over the moon with that
I must say thanks to MADDUCK and Gazza for being my pitcrew.
Doogal for being my teammate and mentor
And you lot for your support.
A special thanks to quazimoto leathers -a bolt out of the blue just when I needed it most--and Um least expected it

SwanTiger
12th March 2006, 22:40
Awesome report Frosty, congratulations on the 3/3 wins! the four lap duel would of been good to watch.

What bike were you racing on?

Motoracer
13th March 2006, 00:20
Good stuff Tony.

Congrats on the wins!

After having so much bad luck, it's good to see you out there having a good time with great results!!

Awesome!

FROSTY
13th March 2006, 07:15
Swantiger--I was on my sv650 -lBlack Ice

enigma51
13th March 2006, 07:19
Good work mate Glad to hear you got the hill sorted!

Riff Raff
13th March 2006, 07:27
Well done Frosty. Good to see you finally having a good day out there with everything falling into place.

Quasievil
13th March 2006, 07:51
Good write up mate, very inspiring.

Racey Rider
13th March 2006, 07:51
Great going Frosty! You must be stoked.

How much you selling this "in the zone" stuff for??

Firefight
13th March 2006, 07:58
well done

F/F

motobob
13th March 2006, 08:01
Top ride Tony. Great to see some results reflecting all the effort you have put in. :rockon: Feels really cool aye.

GSVR
13th March 2006, 08:40
Looks like you've taken TS's place in F3 now 3 starts 3 wins was his standard to maintain now its yours I guess.
Great stuff.

sugilite
13th March 2006, 09:32
Well done Frosty!
Sounds like you really dropped the hammer on the competition!
Bask in that well earned buzz:niceone:

6Chris6
13th March 2006, 09:50
Top effort Tony!

Sounds like great racing :first:

ajturbo
13th March 2006, 11:04
great news Frosty!!!:first: :first: :first:

about time eh?..lol

good onya Madduck and Gazza!!...

Cleve
13th March 2006, 13:13
Good stuff. Frosty. Good to see you again and the F III battles were probably the best racing all day.

motobob
13th March 2006, 13:19
Hey Frosty did you find your missing horsepower or did you manage those wins on a slower bike. Even better result if you were using the "diesel".

Kwaka-Kid
13th March 2006, 19:53
Dude! that was so well done!

And if ever even during hte day you dont feel good enough about it - just look back merely 12 months when you had nothing but bad luck with the ZXR400. See?! Rockin! of course it could be done, and youve proved it. Sweet, where do i sign up 'coz im hungry for the next?! :P

FROSTY
13th March 2006, 20:07
Thanks guys Really apreciated.
MB-nope the HP was definitely missing. Stu on his basicly stock ZXR400 was keeping with me -and Milky on Two smokes bike was staying with me at practice.
Wiggles is gonna be a worry next meeting when he gets his gearing and fairing sorted

DemonWolf
13th March 2006, 20:34
Great report Frosty. Keep ém coming dude! Congratulations on the finishes!

Wellyman
13th March 2006, 20:42
Well done frosty great effort. well done to the KB pitcrew aswell.
WM

R6_kid
13th March 2006, 20:45
good shit frosty, if i had gotten off my ass and got my camera off you i woulda got some good pics at the hairpin but oh well, i was there cheering for you which i think you noticed after you took the first race.

Really good feeling seeing you in front mate! Good stuff.

R6_kid
13th March 2006, 20:47
Wiggles is gonna be a worry next meeting when he gets his gearing and fairing sorted

that i would believe, was talking to him after racing and he said he sorta tops at 205-210 and a ZX6R fairing setup should get a good 10-15 extra on that. Will be good, he's still trying to get his elbow down - now thats a worry :blink:

FROSTY
14th March 2006, 07:28
hmm--he doesn't want the armour for elbow down--Its for when me n him are banging our elbows together

Milky
14th March 2006, 14:11
...and Milky on Two smokes bike was staying with me at practice.

That isn't because you had an underpowered bike, but more due to my experience, finesse and temperament. We shouldn't forget natural skill either... :msn-wink:

FROSTY
14th March 2006, 18:26
:niceone: ohh yea milky--there was that---actually I did comment on ya riding on the day