PDA

View Full Version : Wasssssssssssup

scroter
14th April 2004, 15:05
Kia Ora, Wasssup everyone, Looks like a cool site. heaps of info. Go Suzuki
:bash: Anyone else out there got a corona Suzuki,gsxr600, I just bought the last one. Cool bike but not too sure about the tyres though.

Firefight
14th April 2004, 15:10
Kia Ora, Wasssup everyone, Looks like a cool site. heaps of info. Go Suzuki
:bash: Anyone else out there got a corona Suzuki,gsxr600, I just bought the last one. Cool bike but not too sure about the tyres though.

Oh no not another one, groan,,

welcome to the site mate, sure you'll find some others lurking around here.

Firefight. :Pokey:

Two Smoker
Hey scroter, welcome to the site :niceone: damn right go the suzuki's :Punk: ColdKiwi and Ching Ching both have the Corona...... i think a few others too.....

Edit: My bad i forgot Whitetrash..... :niceone:

Motoracer
Welcome to Kiwi Biker man! 3 other guys from the site alone own them GSXR 600 K3 Corona bikes.

Edit: TS, you missed our wheelie king from Wellington, the one and only Mr Whitetrash.

White trash
14th April 2004, 15:11
Welcome, Scroter!

That sure is a nice bike you've got. Common as muck though :Pokey:

Not another one! Bugger it, I'm getting a K4 750 and nobody try and stop me :sneaky2:

duckman
14th April 2004, 15:13
Damn common inline 4's .... tsk tsk, but yea .. welcome all the same!! :bleh:

scroter
14th April 2004, 15:20
hello duckman. those in line fours are good. I just traded my TL for the 600 and I reckon the 600 kicks its arse and i havent even run it in yet. mind you the TL did have "dont fuck with me" written all over it, nothing quite like that big balls attitude is there. The 600 aint got that.

Hitcher
14th April 2004, 17:16
Welcome Scroter. I guess there's no accounting for people's taste in bikes... Make sure you stay shiny-side up and make yourself right at home!

claire
15th April 2004, 09:27
... you didn't tell me it was the Corona one!

Will have to catch up with you lot soon for a ride - has the lady you ride with got her own bike yet?

Claire

Cajun
15th April 2004, 12:20
Hey scroter

i was after an corona gsxr600 but i was told there was no brand new ones in the country. So i got an 04 gsxr600 instead (c:< your not far away from me in tauranga, might have to catch up one day for a blast

scroter
15th April 2004, 13:34
your right there is none left I bought the last one aye. Still not used to it yet though. the damn things so light. :bash:

Cajun
15th April 2004, 14:01
how long you had yours?

I was looking about 2 months ago for one, but no luck. So i been waiting for the 04 which i got last thrusday

Cajun
15th April 2004, 14:02
and i know what ya mean by damn light 160kgs dry light compared to me old gsxr1100.

My has bridgestone 014 what your have the dunlops??
I was only ride on bridgestone or michelin

Motoracer
15th April 2004, 14:11
Tires are personal preferance and requirements. I had a go on me mates GSXR-600 K2 with bridgestone on, had the madest wheelspin comeing out of a corner. Would have been cool if I was expecting it but specially when the bike wasn't mine, it was a yuky feeling.

Bike like that, I wouldn't touch anything other than Metzler Rensport, Perelli Super Corsas/Diablos. Dunlop 207s are not bad but its nowhere near as good as the Rennis or Super Corsas/Diablos. I have had terrible experience with Michlen.

Cajun
15th April 2004, 14:22
Tires are personal preferance and requirements. I had a go on me mates GSXR-600 K2 with bridgestone on, had the madest wheelspin comeing out of a corner. Would have been cool if I was expecting it but specially when the bike wasn't mine, it was a yuky feeling.

Bike like that, I wouldn't touch anything other than Metzler Rensport, Perelli Super Corsas/Diablos. Dunlop 207s are not bad but its nowhere near as good as the Rennis or Super Corsas/Diablos. I have had terrible experience with Michlen.

Yeah tires are personal, bridgestones and michelins are just what i feel safer riding on, just cause i have riden on them for so long, and i trust them and how now they react i guess.

I had some problems with Pirelli's not riden on Metzlers apart from when i first got my 1100 it had them but they did not agree to well with my gravel road.

White trash
15th April 2004, 14:51
and i know what ya mean by damn light 160kgs dry light compared to me old gsxr1100.

My has bridgestone 014 what your have the dunlops??
I was only ride on bridgestone or michelin

The 014s on the K4 I tested were the best road tyres I've ever ridden on, including Pirelli Diablos.

The D207s on the K3 are amongst the worst tyres I've ever ridden on although they worked well on my '98 750. Wierd!

Cajun
15th April 2004, 15:01
The 014s on the K4 I tested were the best road tyres I've ever ridden on, including Pirelli Diablos.

The D207s on the K3 are amongst the worst tyres I've ever ridden on although they worked well on my '98 750. Wierd!

I not pushed the 014s to much yet will do hopeful this weekend, but what i have felt they feel primo, but the 010 we have on our bandit 600 have been great tires.

That was among my big fears that the 04 would come with dunlops, but it didn't thank god. Even if it did i would make them change the tires, before i would buy it tho.

scroter
15th April 2004, 15:01
I picked my bike up about two weeks ago. The tyres arnt bad grip wise but they have no edge. where the edge normally is its rounded off. having trouble feeling it. maybe its just the lack of weight, or maybe i should just get used to it. :doobey:

Cajun
15th April 2004, 15:10
I picked my bike up about two weeks ago. The tyres arnt bad grip wise but they have no edge. where the edge normally is its rounded off. having trouble feeling it. maybe its just the lack of weight, or maybe i should just get used to it. :doobey:

Most moden sport bike tires don't have an edge, you should be getting ya pegs scraping about same time you hit the edge of the tire.

Motoracer
15th April 2004, 15:26
Most moden sport bike tires don't have an edge, you should be getting ya pegs scraping about same time you hit the edge of the tire.

Haven't done that yet even with the rear tire on the edge, Yo somehow managed to grind off most of the tip even on a shorter peg though!

White trash
15th April 2004, 15:50
Haven't done that yet even with the rear tire on the edge, Yo somehow managed to grind off most of the tip even on a shorter peg though!

Yeah, but look at the size of the prick! :shit:

georgedubyabush
15th April 2004, 15:51
how long you had yours?

I was looking about 2 months ago for one, but no luck. So i been waiting for the 04 which i got last thrusday

There's one at Moto 1 in Whangarei. Or at least there was a week ago. Didnt check to see if it was BRAND new, but it looked new sitting there in their showroom.

Cajun
16th April 2004, 10:02
I rang them a while back they siad they didn't have one, no matter now i got an 04 gsxr600 instead goes with my leathers better than the corona would have done.

and they arn't a dime a dozen, every man and his dog seams to have one of those things now<DIG DIG @ White Trash>

hahaha

White trash
16th April 2004, 10:38
I heard that! :sneaky2:

Cajun
16th April 2004, 10:48
i knew you would

georgedubyabush
16th April 2004, 11:36
I rang them a while back they siad they didn't have one, no matter now i got an 04 gsxr600 instead goes with my leathers better than the corona would have done.

and they arn't a dime a dozen, every man and his dog seams to have one of those things now<DIG DIG @ White Trash>

hahaha

Those guys dont seem to want to sell anything. I was in there to order in some tyres, I've had to ring them 3 times since to chase them up. Given up now and gone elsewhere.

RiderInBlack
16th April 2004, 12:13
Those guys dont seem to want to sell anything. I was in there to order in some tyres, I've had to ring them 3 times since to chase them up. Given up now and gone elsewhere.
Moto 1 are a waste of space (didn't fool me by changing their name from Ridgely's) in Whangarei. Cheapest for bike Tyres in Whangarei are Kamo Motorcycles, otherwise I would recommend getting them from Leading Edge on Barry's Point Rd, Takapuna (AK).

PS: GDBush, they are ripping up Mangakahia Rd (again) in 2 places before and after Parakao.

scroter
16th April 2004, 14:08
Moto one dont have one anymore cause I got it. yes there service is pretty crap. Wouldnt go back again but they had the bike i wanted and no one else did. :puke:

magnum
16th April 2004, 23:19
hey scrota howz it goin?get stuck behind those cars today thru the paras?waited for ya and if i went any slower wouldve fallen off.you shouldve bought a kwaka if you wanted fuck off attitude[just jiving].to all those non beleivers try diablo corsa tyres[on a 600 anyway] they art fkin good and bikesnbits sell em cheep.my brakes are still a bit suss,booked in for wednesday and i want the bastards fixed!!!!go green. :kick:

Posh Tourer :P
17th April 2004, 16:29
hey scrota howz it goin?get stuck behind those cars today thru the paras?waited for ya and if i went any slower wouldve fallen off.you shouldve bought a kwaka if you wanted fuck off attitude[just jiving].to all those non beleivers try diablo corsa tyres[on a 600 anyway] they art fkin good and bikesnbits sell em cheep.my brakes are still a bit suss,booked in for wednesday and i want the bastards fixed!!!!go green. :kick:

Different brands/models work best on different bikes.Dad swears by metzelers for the old beemers, says nothing else feels right. Conti certainly felt much better than metzelers on my first bike though (not a beemer)

Yamahamaman
25th September 2004, 20:52
I picked my bike up about two weeks ago.
Saw a Alstare 600 in Whakatane yesterday. Do you have a personalised plate?

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 23:57
Welcome and enjoy :banana: