PDA

View Full Version : A pleasant Sunday in the Bay

MSTRS
13th March 2006, 11:34
Haven't been out much lately so was definitely 'time'. Yungatart needs more riding (yes, thank you, I know....) and hXc hadn't been out of town yet so we got his mate Speights-Bud and with a non-KBer (Jan - a Swedish mate on a RF900), the two of us sherperded the 3 L-platers and set off down Hw50 to Tikokino then across to Waipawa for lunch. Hum'n'Buzz has changed hands and was very disappointed with the service (shame cos was a great stop in the past). Checked out the buckets at the old go-kart track but they'd just finished for the day but we did listen to them while having a feed. Then it was off to Patangata, Elsthorpe, HavelockNorth, Clive and home. All up 175kms.
We had sun, cloud, drizzle and wind. Was good experience for the newbies with the changing conditions. There was nana-ing, comfortable cruising and just a 'little' fanging:innocent: . Stops were reasonably frequent for tuition etc and also regrouping when the need arose. Yungatart tends to tire easily (probably a newbie sympton of intense concentration where nothing is done without 'effort'), but not this time so there's hope for a 'decent' ride soon??
She and the 2 younguns rode well, had a ball, learned some & NO whoopsy moments. Only pics taken below Yungatart on her Eliminator & Jan on his RF

yungatart
13th March 2006, 14:41
Was a great ride. It was a neat feeling to be cruising the roads with our youngest son and mates. I am getting the hang of this cornering thing and going faster now-much to MSTRS's delight.The boys ride really well-I would love to have the confidence that comes with being 15, male and full of testosterone!
Just wondering tho, if anyone can help out, I ride a series of corners and all is fine, nice and smooth etc etc and then I come up to another corner and i just freeze/lose all confidence and have to slow right down again. I have no idea why. It doesn't make any sense, (but then I probably don't either!) I have never had an off or a serious whoopsy moment on a corner, if anyone can shed some light, I'd be grateful.