PDA

View Full Version : if you could only own one more bike

FROSTY
14th April 2004, 20:23
what would it be? why would ya buy it?

k14
14th April 2004, 20:46
CBR600RR that would be the road bike anyway.

Wouldn't mind an RC211V as my track bike.

FROSTY
14th April 2004, 20:49
oh and for me it would be the fjr1300 -the non abs version

MadDuck
14th April 2004, 20:56
Aprilla RS

Motoracer
14th April 2004, 21:02
I'd need to test ride all of them for about 500 Kms through the twisties or a day at the track 1 by 1, then I could give you a ledgit answer. I am sure it'll be hard to decide with so many great machines out there.

But if I was to pick 1 just by the looks, it'd be a silver 04' YZF-R1.

Motu
14th April 2004, 21:15
Only one more bike to fill my stable,a small dirt bike - the Gas Gas Pantera sounds like it's made for me.

k14
14th April 2004, 21:24
I'd need to test ride all of them for about 500 Kms through the twisties or a day at the track 1 by 1, then I could give you a ledgit answer. I am sure it'll be hard to decide with so many great machines out there.

But if I was to pick 1 just by the looks, it'd be a silver 04' YZF-R1.

I saw one of them in at new plymouth motorcycles today. farking nice :eek5:

Marknz
14th April 2004, 21:31
what would it be? why would ya buy it?

MV Agusta SPR, 'cause it's horn! :love:

jimbo600
14th April 2004, 21:44
MV Agusta SPR, 'cause it's horn! :love:

A gsxr750 K4 cos I've already got a gsxr jacket (yet to pick it up though) and I'd look a twat on a MV Augusta SPR in a gixxer jacket.

Jackrat
14th April 2004, 22:14
04 Triumph Bonniville Thruxton.
70hp@7250rpm
Clip ons,rear sets,clubman seat.
British.
Perfect.

Motu
14th April 2004, 22:22
Oh yeah,right Jack,wow - that'd be nice alright.I'd get a W650 and street scrambler it - can't wait till Triumph bring out the Bonnie scrambler,which will prompt the W750 scrambler,I'd do it myself.

Racey Rider
15th April 2004, 08:17
I saw one of them in at new plymouth motorcycles today. farking nice :eek5:

:gob: 04 R1! It's there?!
I'm OFF!! :doobey:

Think I'll walk in in full race gear and ask them what the key looks like! :D

Hitcher
15th April 2004, 08:50
A Cagiva Navigator. Then I could ride some gravel. Comfy seat too...

marty
15th April 2004, 08:53
hayabusa. about the only thing it can't do is follow motu to the 'naki.....

James Deuce
15th April 2004, 09:03
The one I have now

DeanOh
15th April 2004, 09:10
Id like more than just ONE bike, but this one would come first.
Ducai 999R, I drool everytime I look at it. :bye:

F5 Dave
15th April 2004, 09:14
The ones I have now (7).

Although I don’t have a road legal adventure bike. . .

And for some reason I have a deviant desire to own a fastback, - course you could never ride it further than you were prepared to push it. :Pokey:

And of course if I could road register a NSR500 Vtwin!!!

And what about a pitbike?

Oh what the heck, pass that magazine I have some more choices, um, Spondon 1400 with nitrous & knobblies. . .

SpankMe
15th April 2004, 09:26
Triumph Thruxton. Me loves Café racers.

claire
15th April 2004, 09:30
a yellow 749 Ducati. Wanted to buy one as my next bike but now I'm on the R1 I'm not sure the Ducati will do it for me. Have a 999 that I've been offered a ride on though that could change my mind!!!

Claire

DeanOh
15th April 2004, 09:44
a yellow 749 Ducati. Wanted to buy one as my next bike but now I'm on the R1 I'm not sure the Ducati will do it for me. Have a 999 that I've been offered a ride on though that could change my mind!!!Claire

Show OFF!!! :not:

pete376403
15th April 2004, 10:35
A road legal Britten, if it could be legalised without destroying its abilities.

Then the only thing I'd need is the talent to ride it properly.

vifferman
15th April 2004, 10:41
That's a hard question to answer - so many cool bikes, so little time! I'd have to spend WEEKS if not months test-riding as many as I could. And then I'd probably cheat, choose the most expensive bike I could find, and swap it for more than one bike. :D

However, my wife has already told me that my current bike is the last bike I'm allowed to own. I think that a few more rides on the arse-torturing seat should convince her that if she wants to ride with me we need to buy at least one more. :2thumbsup

Who was it that said five bikes was just the right number? I got into trouble when for a short time I had two... But I think five would be a good number: a dirt bike, a tourer or sports-tourer, a supermotard, a track bike, and a sports bike.

F5 Dave
15th April 2004, 10:50
You forgot the Trials bike & the Race bikes. :ride:

“However, my wife has already told me that my current bike is the last bike I'm allowed to own.”

Tell her to be satisfied that she’s the last woman you’ll have & if a Guy isn’t allowed his toys his attention wanders & the last point becomes negotiable.

Sheesh! Tell her she has enough shoes! :sly:

NhuanH
15th April 2004, 11:11
Duke 998R. Still not sold on the Terblanche 999 shape yet.

Or MV F4 1000 about to come out - the eventual fully tricked, carbon yadah yadah edition of course!

vifferman
15th April 2004, 11:25
You forgot the Trials bike & the Race bikes.

I had "track bike" in there - that's what I meant.

Tell her to be satisfied that she’s the last woman you’ll have & if a Guy isn’t allowed his toys his attention wanders & the last point becomes negotiable.

LOL. Well, she probably already knows that, but I could always reserve it as a blackmail tool. Except it wouldn't work...

Sheesh! Tell her she has enough shoes! :sly:
Well, she has more shoes'n me, but not as many as she could have.

F5 Dave
15th April 2004, 11:39
Yeah they can be silly with shoes, I don’t have many pairs, say three for work & 4 casual.

Well. . . there’s the dirt boots, the trials boots (more movement), the touring boots, the sports boots, the race boots.

Oh. :sleep:

DEATH_INC.
15th April 2004, 11:45
Pretty hard to replace the Gixx with anything better.....
And the old turbo's pretty awesome too......
Always had a soft spot for the Benelli tornado,but the augusta thou is pretty trick.
Or maybe something like this....

Cajun
15th April 2004, 11:46
Well i have the current bike i got gsxr600 as a track/fun bike, then just something to eat the miles cruising, I love the old indian look so maybe a drifter or a new indian as soon as they get around to puting they own engine it and not use HD ones any more. But other i'm not to fussed really, just something sorta crusier so ya can go be a poser somewhere one day and then next day be poser there on the sports bike dc:<

matthewt
15th April 2004, 11:52
Duke 998R. Still not sold on the Terblanche 999 shape yet.

Couldn't agree with you more ;)

Or MV F4 1000 about to come out - the eventual fully tricked, carbon yadah yadah edition of course!

You mean the $80k one ?? I hope one does make it into NZ.

pete376403
15th April 2004, 11:55

Did Triumph (the old Triumph) ever market anything called a Thruxton? Only bike I recall of that name was the Velocette. And THAT was a cafe racer, swept back pipe, rear sets, clip-ons halfway down the fork tubes and a huge Amal GP. Only in black, with gold pinstriping. (even though the pick is silver, or blue, or summat)

slob
15th April 2004, 12:05
I'd get a dirt bike and supermoto it (allowing for me to reverse the conversion if I want to go adventure/trail riding).

In fact, I'm thinking of putting that thought into reality right now...:sly: I'm gonna go get a trade&exchange!

Motoracer
15th April 2004, 12:14
I'd get a dirt bike and supermoto it (allowing for me to reverse the conversion if I want to go adventure/trail riding).

In fact, I'm thinking of putting that thought into reality right now...:sly: I'm gonna go get a trade&exchange!

Wooohooo! I feel some wheelie practice sessions comming along! :yeah:

celticyankee
15th April 2004, 12:19
Vincent Black Shadow.....always been my dream to own and ride one.....

pete376403
15th April 2004, 12:31
Vincent Black Shadow.....always been my dream to own and ride one.....

Buy a brand new one here http://www.godet-motorcycles.com/egli/egli.htm

jrandom
15th April 2004, 12:38
Did Triumph (the old Triumph) ever market anything called a Thruxton?

Nope. They named this one after the racetrack. And yes, I want one too. Drool. Very nice.

But my dream bike? Hmmmm. F4-1000 I suppose, when it gets here. I want a silver one like BB's F4-750 but I don't think they're doing that colour. Not that it matters. I couldn't afford it even if they did a half-price one in Puke Yellow.

I think we've all posted about this before, but it's an Inviolable Rule that any bike forum must have a 'dream bike' thread at least once every three months.

Ms Piggy
15th April 2004, 13:32
Well for me as new kid on the block at the moment the 2 bikes I swoon over are the Ducati Monster or the MV Agusta Brutale S. :love: I know you said 1 but I just think they're both real purdy, so I couldn't decide! Hell if I had enough money to buy either I'd buy them both!

Hmmmmm....maybe when I'm a RICH social worker - baaaa haaaa haaaa!!

Joni
15th April 2004, 14:17
Close call between a new CBR400 or a R6 (2004) - one will be a reality, the R6 a little bit big for me. But man what a nice bike....

Indiana_Jones
15th April 2004, 15:14
An old WWII B.M.W R75 with a Sidecar :bleh:

-Indy

pete376403
15th April 2004, 15:16
An old WWII B.M.W R75 with a Sidecar :bleh:

-Indy
Complete with working, loaded Spandau MG

vifferman
15th April 2004, 16:33
Hey! I was going to suggest that!
But something that completely destroys cars would be better. Like one of those Gattling guns they use on Apache helicopters. Or a missile pod.
:laugh:

Firefight
15th April 2004, 17:09
Close call between a new CBR400 or a R6 (2004) - one will be a reality, the R6 a little bit big for me. But man what a nice bike....

Yep have to agree with you there !! :eek:

F/F

Deano
15th April 2004, 17:27
Pretty hard to replace the Gixx with anything better.....
And the old turbo's pretty awesome too......
Always had a soft spot for the Benelli tornado,but the augusta thou is pretty trick.

What the fark, Duke engine in ?? frame ?

Never seen one of those before got any more details ?

Jackrat
15th April 2004, 18:11
Did Triumph (the old Triumph) ever market anything called a Thruxton? Only bike I recall of that name was the Velocette. And THAT was a cafe racer, swept back pipe, rear sets, clip-ons halfway down the fork tubes and a huge Amal GP. Only in black, with gold pinstriping. (even though the pick is silver, or blue, or summat)
The new bike is named after the track.
The 68 Bonnie won every thing in sight at Thruxton an that's the connetion.

Kickaha
15th April 2004, 18:30
My pick would be a 1986 Ducati MHR,the last and supposedly the best of the bevel drives,or failing that one of the other Mille engined bikes.

Big Dog
15th April 2004, 18:37
However, my wife has already told me that my current bike is the last bike I'm allowed to own. I think that a few more rides on the arse-torturing seat should convince her that if she wants to ride with me we need to buy at least one more. :2thumbsup

My pillion has already been told if the bike goes so does she. If its a choice she goes.

If she even slightly moans in the direction of biking thats it no help with the house work this week.

Follow this up with encouragement to get her own, and a better mood and better sex after a good ride and your wife to will send you out for rides when you get titchy or she gets horny.

Positive reinforcement can have her drooling at the sound of you firing up your bike, just stay hydrated so that you can live up to expectation after every long ride (commutes and short trips don't count .... unless she is a particularly hard nut to crack.

S*&^ when I get scratchy the pillion throws me the keys tells me not to come back for two hours, does the house work and cooks me dinner, and changes the sheets. :eek:

Sounds a litlle sexist but both parties are happy about the arrangement!

I have now been told that If the bike goes so does she! :moon:

Big Dog
15th April 2004, 18:43
Back to the topic at the throttle hand..... It would have to be a sport tourer.

I don't like full sports (to cramped) or non sports (crap handling).
I'm thinking ZX12r, GSX1300r, Blackbird etc.

Without havingever actually driven any of the above it is based purely on looks ZX12, purely on performance ratings GSX, for the fact it does every thing well.... I still would not buy it because I am boycotting Honda!

Lou Girardin
15th April 2004, 18:45
Aprillia RST1000. Looks a little strange but then so do I.

matthewt
15th April 2004, 18:50
Like one of those Gattling guns they use on Apache helicopters.

What like this gun ??

go to http://www.vr4.co.nz/files/
and download apache.mpeg

NOTE: It's in night vision so it's not graphic but if you've got a weak constitution DONT watch it!!

Wonko
15th April 2004, 19:17
ZX 10 maybe, or perhapes a gsx1000R

2nd some type of curiser. A hog or like for heading out along the waterfront on sunny Sunday's.

deeknow
15th April 2004, 19:19
I'd have to buy a big sporty twin for sure so I could alternate between screaming and rumbling depending on my mood. And if I could afford to pay for maintenance when things went wrong I'd definately be looking at something like one of the Ghezzi-Brian machines, like the SuperTwin that Hamilton Motorcycles have in the shop at the moment. If your passing thru town be sure to check it out. Its a work of art, and got handfulls of manly-ness :-)

Lord Pac
15th April 2004, 19:19
for me- the MV Agusta Brutale- awesome machine!

DEATH_INC.
15th April 2004, 19:21
What the fark, Duke engine in ?? frame ?

Never seen one of those before got any more details ?

It's actually a streetfightered Bimota Tesi......
Here's 2nd choice,
!498cc turbo.....

deeknow
15th April 2004, 19:24
Did Triumph (the old Triumph) ever market anything called a Thruxton?

Check out the latest MotorcycleTrader mag (like you havent already :-) as there's a writeup in there by Alan Cathcart on the Thruxton. As Jackrat said, its "named after the track" and they actually launched it there too. Sounds like its nicely put together, only criticism was the low level of noise output, easily fixed with an exhaust that Triumph have as an OEM bolt-on (also give ~6HP boost). I'm not really in the market for one, but they do look great.

dangerous
15th April 2004, 20:02
Bimota SB8R
or
Moto Guzzi MGS-01

speedpro
15th April 2004, 21:14
Mr Turbo ZZR1100 or similar Hayabusa.

Morepower
15th April 2004, 22:27
An unrestricted bus for sure . Its bound to be a classic and I would be surprised if any manufacturer ever builds a bike for the sole purpose of being the fastest again now that we are getting politicaly correct.

Dave

SPman
15th April 2004, 22:43
Fuck, that looks evil!:gob:

Wonder if you could do the same to a GTS1000 Yamaha? :killingme

vifferman
16th April 2004, 08:30
That's a bike called the Vyrus - custom fabricated frame with Ducati 900 engine.

pete376403
16th April 2004, 13:55
What like this gun ??

go to http://www.vr4.co.nz/files/
and download apache.mpeg

NOTE: It's in night vision so it's not graphic but if you've got a weak constitution DONT watch it!!
Didja see "Monster garage" where they built a sand dragger out of an RX7? The car was a failure so it was destroyed with gatling mounted on a truck. Filmed at night so the tracer rounds looked awesome, but it sure took a lot of fire to kill the car

Ghost Lemur
16th April 2004, 14:08
Didja see "Monster garage" where they built a sand dragger out of an RX7? The car was a failure so it was destroyed with gatling mounted on a truck. Filmed at night so the tracer rounds looked awesome, but it sure took a lot of fire to kill the car

Yeah, I've got that episode. Bloody brilliant stuff. Bet Auckland traffic would be no sweat driving one of those puppies.

I was impressed enough as a kid watching... *forgets name of '80's tv series that was like Night Rider but had a cool bike instead of crap car*. :D

On the subject at hand... My dream bike. That's easy, any that I could own. Once I actually have a bike I might get a little selective, but till then I just want one, any one (well any within reason).

White trash
16th April 2004, 16:24
It was called "Street Hawk" and although you thought it was cool as a kid (as did I) I've since seen episodes of it again and it was SHIT

Most lame fucken thing I ever saw! :ar15:

Motoracer
16th April 2004, 16:34
It was called "Street Hawk" and although you thought it was cool as a kid (as did I) I've since seen episodes of it again and it was SHIT

Most lame fucken thing I ever saw! :ar15:

That was the shit back in the days! It kicked knight rider's ass anyday :Punk:

But like you said, if I watch it now, 180mph turns without leaning the bike seems pretty unrealistic somehow... <_<

NhuanH
16th April 2004, 16:40
http://www.streethawk.tvheaven.com/

:whistle:

bungbung
16th April 2004, 16:43
180mph turns without leaning the bike seems pretty unrealistic somehow

Well, the precedent was set by "Automan", remember that? some kind of knightrider future car thing but with extra gayness...

Motoracer
16th April 2004, 17:00
Well, the precedent was set by "Automan", remember that? some kind of knightrider future car thing but with extra gayness...

Nope, don't recall that one. I remember Airwolf, A-Team but Automan doesn't ring a bell...

You know some fanatics have gone through a lot of trouble to make replicas of the Street Hawk? Its basically a dirt bike with whole heap of shit bolted on to it.

Big Dog
16th April 2004, 17:26
For really farfetched rent wraith. A lamborghini conatch that could morph into a truck or a bike or a plane or pretty much anything piston powered. Driven by a psycho out for revenge after being killed dragracing.

Thought it was the sh#$s whiskers at 10. At twelve it was just plain sh*% I thought it was contrived, illconcieved and only contains story line in a weak attempt to link some of the goriest road crashes ever simulated.

Filled with TRON style 180 turns without any tyre spin. Styly arsed bike but even when "doing" 280kmph it looked more like a stationary ride at the supermaket it moved up and down with the road surface but it did not lean or pitch.

Ghost Lemur
16th April 2004, 18:04
I don't remember Automan either. Airwolf was pretty cool too. What was that other one. Had three guys in it. A blonde, a bruenette and a nerd (Boz), and at the end of the episode the guys had broken noses and the geek had a broken thumb. They had a helicopter of some sort.

Alright I'm going to have to scrub the inside of my skull now, I'm getting all these nasty '80s flashbacks involving fluro pink and skate shorts. :weep:

Edit: I think it was called Riptide or something.

James Deuce
16th April 2004, 18:10
I'm really surprised that no one is happy with what they are riding right now.

I couldn't ask for a better bike.

Big Dog
16th April 2004, 18:33

I'm only allowed one more bike for the rest of my life? Well as I plan to be riding for another 70 years I had better not tempt fate by riding one that is already 14 years old.

If you asked me when do you plan to upgrade the answer would be when it can no longer be resuscitated.

I love my bike more now than when I bought it.

bungbung
16th April 2004, 20:53
Sorry about the detour:

Automan First Aired December 1983

Walter Nebicher is a policeman. He is also an expert in computers. He developed a highly sophisticated hologram named Automan, which helps him fight crime. Automan has an assistant camed Curser that can create holographic objects such as a car, helicopter or any other object needed by Walter or Automan to fight crime.

err, holographic cars, helicopters obviously need not obey the laws of physics...

turns out it got canned after one season. :weep:

Pickle
16th April 2004, 21:22
Only one more bike ????
Would be the KTM 950 V Twin adventure but I'm a bit on the short side so that could be a challenge, or how about the Y2K 340ps 56,000rpm & capable of 400km/h powered by a jet turbine engine, pity about the styling tho :yeah:

James Deuce
16th April 2004, 22:16
I'm only allowed one more bike for the rest of my life? Well as I plan to be riding for another 70 years I had better not tempt fate by riding one that is already 14 years old.

If you asked me when do you plan to upgrade the answer would be when it can no longer be resuscitated.

I love my bike more now than when I bought it.

It's a Suzuki - you'll be able to pass it on to your grandchildren.

magnum
16th April 2004, 22:56
ducati 916 or zx636 and keep the ol zx6r for track use only.

Motoracer
16th April 2004, 23:19

Thats cool but the question was, if you could have one more bike, what would it be? So you can still keep your pride and have another special bike at the same time.

I know if it was the Mrs that you are in love with, you'd be happy with just that one. But since we are talking bikes, I think its ok to have two different bikes that you love just as much. :2thumbsup

LB
17th April 2004, 05:03

Me neither. So much so that soon I'm going to have an M1000S i.e. as well as the 800!

LB
17th April 2004, 05:04
Well for me as new kid on the block at the moment the 2 bikes I swoon over are the Ducati Monster or the MV Agusta Brutale S. :love: I know you said 1 but I just think they're both real purdy, so I couldn't decide! Hell if I had enough money to buy either I'd buy them both!

Matt and I will be your friends forever!

DEATH_INC.
17th April 2004, 07:00
couple more pics....
it actually moves,not just a show thing....

James Deuce
17th April 2004, 18:06
Thats cool but the question was, if you could have one more bike, what would it be? So you can still keep your pride and have another special bike at the same time.

I know if it was the Mrs that you are in love with, you'd be happy with just that one. But since we are talking bikes, I think its ok to have two different bikes that you love just as much. :2thumbsup

But.... But..... But.... I don't WANT another one :)

wkid_one
17th April 2004, 19:35
Black 04 R1 with gold decals - with Gold Speed Line wheels, Ti rearsets, full Micron Ti with Serpent Pipes. Gold Iridium Screen, Goodridge Gold Braided Lines, Gold Ohlins WSBK Forkset wit .875 progressive front springs with matching rear unit. Rear seat cowl. Wave Disks with sintered pads. R1 License Bracket. LED rear indicators, Flush mount fronts. PCUSBIII CPU kit. Dyno-mapped. Running on Diablo Super Corsas.

MacD
17th April 2004, 20:21

Yep, I think these look great. I think it would have to be a black one though, not sure about the red!?
:Punk:

Motoracer
17th April 2004, 20:32
But.... But..... But.... I don't WANT another one :)

Good for you :niceone:

Skyryder
17th April 2004, 21:10

Hmmmmm....maybe when I'm a RICH social worker - baaaa haaaa haaaa!!

I with Celtic-Sea-lily on this 'one.' The MV Augusta Brutale first choice, last choice.

Skyryder

pete376403
17th April 2004, 23:30
had a perv over that Bimota in WMC today. That could be a nice addition to the fleet, too.

marty
18th April 2004, 11:02

i still take my car thru automan turns - you know the ones that you realise that you're late for a driveway........kids don't get it but the wife does :) i just wish i had a car key like he did

krisby
18th April 2004, 16:54
not sure, having test ridden a Triumph RS in the UK I fell in love with triples, so maybe a T955i or Benelli. I'm sick of 4's now, and have had a V twin, so a triple is my next pursuit. Price being important, then I guess a Trumpet.

SPman
20th April 2004, 16:32
Black 04 R1 with gold decals - with Gold Speed Line wheels, Ti rearsets, full Micron Ti with Serpent Pipes. Gold Iridium Screen, Goodridge Gold Braided Lines, Gold Ohlins WSBK Forkset wit .875 progressive front springs with matching rear unit. Rear seat cowl. Wave Disks with sintered pads. R1 License Bracket. LED rear indicators, Flush mount fronts. PCUSBIII CPU kit. Dyno-mapped. Running on Diablo Super Corsas. MMMMmmm. not sure about the Super Corsas though.

Anyway, Im too old - I need a nice Ducati ST4S ,I do!
Preferably with a 999R motor!

Motoracer
20th April 2004, 16:36
MMMMmmm. not sure about the Super Corsas though.

Yea, wouldn't imagine the rear for lasting longer than 1500 - 2000 road kms of fast riding.

zaphod
20th April 2004, 16:45
Dunno, I think something a bit easier on my knees than my Blackbird (and faster). I still fancy one those Eddie Lawson replica Kawasakis but do they last as well as Hondas?

Hitcher
20th April 2004, 18:13
Dunno, I think something a bit easier on my knees than my Blackbird (and faster). I still fancy one those Eddie Lawson replica Kawasakis but do they last as well as Hondas?

Zaphod -- keep the shiny side up and a Zrex will hold its head up impressively alongside a CB1300. That's why I own one!! Even the gearbox is almost as good a Honda... You'd miss the protection of a fairing after riding a Blackbird but. New Plymouth Motorcycles have got a brand-spanker on the floor for $14,995 -- a steal!! Ditch the standard can ASAP and let the noise of a horny in-line four roam free.

wkid_one
20th April 2004, 18:54
Yea, wouldn't imagine the rear for lasting longer than 1500 - 2000 road kms of fast riding.
What's unusual about that - my M1's only got about 3-3500kms.

Motoracer
20th April 2004, 20:36
What's unusual about that - my M1's only got about 3-3500kms.

Nothings unusual there but didnt' they release a new breed of sports bike tires? The ones that were made to put up with the punishment of these crazy hp liter sports bikes.

I was just saying that once the 2004 bikes settle in, we should hear from their proud owners about what will be the new best tire choice for these bikes. So far I agree that the Super Corsas or the Rennsports have done their job very well.

750Y
20th April 2004, 21:19
i am very much liking the new triumph thruxton. mmmhmmmm that bike is VERY nice imho. I would definitley like to see one of those parked in my shed.

Indiana_Jones
21st April 2004, 14:45
I want a cruise liner :yeah:
Olympic class or if can't get that then QM2 :Punk:

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/centennial/titanic.jpg

-Indy

FROSTY
21st April 2004, 23:51
ok now I need a bike I can race,commute,tour,offroad and fang the streets on.
HMM --ok maybee a CB125 twin

Bleck K6
22nd April 2004, 20:05
When they were released I really wanted a BIMOTA SB6R(GSXR1100 engine)but now I would have a BIMOTA SB8R.

Slim
21st July 2004, 14:36
couple more pics....
it actually moves,not just a show thing....
Check out the latest Two Wheels, Death. Big article on the Tesi 2D (code name for the original project was Vyrus, as someone else posted). Very spunky, if you ask me. :D

I don't know what my dream bike would be. I could probably narrow it down to my dream 10-bike garage, but that's as close as I could say.

http://www.motomorini.co.uk/Images/sn30004f.jpg

Paul in NZ
21st July 2004, 15:17
A Brough Superior SS100 "Alpine Special"

Achingly Beautiful and you can stuff all your modern tackle where the sun don't shine. In a 100 years no one will build a replica of one... But a Brough Superior?? COR!

btw...

Triumph made several Thruxton Bonnies in batches over several years. In theory, you could buy one, or all the bits to make one as it was a production bike... Well, you could if your name was Mike Hailwood or Paul Smart or Mr Big Bucks International Motorcycle Racing Shop...

A VERY few genuine Thruxtons escaped into the real world and are worth a LOT of money. However, for every real one there are 20 or more replicas...

Triumphs policy (during the Turner years) was strictly no factory supported racing... However if a few dealers wanted to take the risk in selected events then we just happen to have a few parts....

It was a funny policy I reckon but when the twins were first introduced they just didn't stand up to it and by the time they did, everyone else had better frames and better engines that were purpose designed racers. Turner was not having a bar of it as it added zip to the bottom line and the shareholders returns (BSA).. Silly boy!

When the Italians (apart from MV) pulled out of GP's in 57 (I think) it seemed to lend strength to his arguments....

And so.. Nothing changed....

Odd!

Cheers

riffer
21st July 2004, 15:22
An Irving Vincent with Ohlins gear front and rear would be my pick.

greenhorn
21st July 2004, 16:00
A chopper

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/25/britain.chopper.reut/

Had one of these when i was a kid. They were the coolest. Had a 3 speed T shifter and later on they brought out the "Choppergard". Kinda whippy fiberglass plasticy pole thing with a orange flag on the end. Very good for whipping other kids with.
o.k i am a sad old git but anyone who had one will know what im talking about

Jackrat
21st July 2004, 16:19
Hey GH,ya' can't be that old because I had one of them as well and I'm not that,,,,,,,,,, :whistle:
Anyway I used to just love the add on TV at the time,with the Triumph chop rider blating down the dirt road.I wonder how that guys back feels today huh?

Skyryder
21st July 2004, 18:41
Still like the Brutale but I am leaning to the Gheezie and Brian. Dream on

Skyryder

NordieBoy
21st July 2004, 18:59
Here's 2nd choice,
!498cc turbo.....

And he sold that and got a motard.
To have more fun.

:niceone:

NordieBoy
21st July 2004, 19:26
Only one more bike...
Hmmm....

Well I already have a Gilera Nordwest.
And a spare Gilera Nordwest - As you do.

One kept stock and the other - not kept stock :msn-wink:

Soooo....

A Gilera Piuma 600 or a cafe racer'd Gilera Saturno or a Bimota GB1 for the road.
Or a Gilera RC600R for the dirt.

merv
21st July 2004, 20:17
Nordie do you remember Simon Turner racing his Gilera? That thing was great on the street circuits for a single.

NordieBoy
22nd July 2004, 21:40
Nordie do you remember Simon Turner racing his Gilera? That thing was great on the street circuits for a single.

Nope, but I don't get out of Nelson much.
:(

moko
23rd July 2004, 06:37
A chopper

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/25/britain.chopper.reut/

Had one of these when i was a kid. They were the coolest. Had a 3 speed T shifter and later on they brought out the "Choppergard". Kinda whippy fiberglass plasticy pole thing with a orange flag on the end. Very good for whipping other kids with.
o.k i am a sad old git but anyone who had one will know what im talking about

I hadn`t heard that they`d been re-launched,massively popular in Britain the old ones go for silly money to collectors re-living their youth

moko
23rd July 2004, 06:45
ok now I need a bike I can race,commute,tour,offroad and fang the streets on.
HMM --ok maybee a CB125 twin

Or how about a BMW R1200GS,supposed to be even better than the older models and they`re bloody good.You wouldn`t believe how those big bastards handle and they`re quick too,not as in sportsbike quick but with the torquey motor and all that hi-tech suspension you can just nail it on the throttle and it`ll hold any line and keep up consistently high average speeds,brilliant fun.S/M version would be a real blast.

pete376403
23rd July 2004, 09:05
Or how about a BMW R1200GS,supposed to be even better than the older models and they`re bloody good.You wouldn`t believe how those big bastards handle and they`re quick too,not as in sportsbike quick but with the torquey motor and all that hi-tech suspension you can just nail it on the throttle and it`ll hold any line and keep up consistently high average speeds,brilliant fun.S/M version would be a real blast.

they come with a set of (Genuine BMW Accessory) whips and chains? Sounds like the ideal bike for BondageBunny

riffer
23rd July 2004, 12:08
they come with a set of (Genuine BMW Accessory) whips and chains? Sounds like the ideal bike for BondageBunny
BondageBunny... what ever happened to that troll?

I kinda miss her....

avgas
18th November 2004, 00:49
Bennelli TnT or Speed Triple or Bimota 500VDue
mabey the latar
i can see it now
"Kerosene Cowboy rides again!"

Bonez
18th November 2004, 06:58
Just to be different a Kwaka W650. :ride:

MOTOXXX
18th November 2004, 07:16
have to go for the 916 or 998.
fell in love with it when i was a kid and always wanted one.

bear
18th November 2004, 08:33
SV1000, look good and sound nice with good pipes.

Blakamin
18th November 2004, 08:42
Since its been dredged up.... another Ducati... a 916 from the mid-late 90's or a MH900e (http://www.ducati.com/bikes/mh900.jhtml)

Rapt
18th November 2004, 08:46
Gotta be a Buell 1200 Firebolt.....so cool

Quasievil
18th November 2004, 08:53
Ducati 999r

NC
18th November 2004, 08:56
The Britten.... :love: :love: :whistle:

Madmax
18th November 2004, 11:00
KR750 tripple or TZ750

Fryin Finn
18th November 2004, 11:44
Yamaha MT-01
no - KTM 950 Duke
no - Yamaha R1
no - 05 Yamaha WR450
no - Harley 883
no - Scorpa 250 trials bike
Harley 883?????
no have to be practical - Yamaha MT-01 :2thumbsup

Sniper
18th November 2004, 12:55
Aprilla RS

Ditto, nice looking bike and good name. :niceone:

Sniper
18th November 2004, 12:56
Ducati 999r

Or that, or a Triumph Daytona. Damn, choices??? :wacko:

WINJA
18th November 2004, 20:06
ID WANT A ROAD LEGAL BRITTEN V1000

JohnBoy
18th November 2004, 20:15
i really like the Ducati's or motorguzzi's.
when i buy another bike (in about another 18months) it will be either a 748, 916 or a guzzi daytona. i know first hand the costs involved in these bikes so thats why i would have them as a second choice, i would keep my zed and bring out the other bike out for special occations (such as purving or boy racer education)