PDA

View Full Version : Crazy balance points...

ZeroIndex
15th March 2006, 09:37
Don't know if this is the right place, or if this has been posted before, but these guys get some damn impressive balance points soooooooooo quickly... especially with the 'standing-up' wheelie: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-36445049864829269&q=motorcycle

bugjuice
15th March 2006, 09:50
looks like an average 'LB's Hells Pizza Monday Night Cruise'..

Actually, i'd love to have half that talent.. One day I might..
also looks like someones home video. Wish they had carried on a bit more at the end!

texmo
15th March 2006, 11:14
Show offs, I can do that stuff to I jst dont like to make white trash and loose bruce look bad is all....

ZeroIndex
16th March 2006, 08:03
Neat............
I thought that too...

GIXser
16th March 2006, 09:05
Don't know if this is the right place, or if this has been posted before, but these guys get some damn impressive balance points soooooooooo quickly... especially with the 'standing-up' wheelie: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-36445049864829269&q=motorcycle

the only way your ever going to be pulling "slow wheelies like that if you have 15 up on the back sprocket" otherwise the throttle will be to touchy-- the more teeth you have on the back the easier it is for the front to come up at very slow speeds" alternatively you can drop a couple in the front ,-- now im no pro, Im very much a learner" but speaking to some guys who are doing this they all say the same thing--

be woth putting a sprocket on the back to try though"" anyone wanna lend me their bike--- Oh go on--:laugh:

loosebruce
16th March 2006, 11:20
The other major advantage with going to a larger sprocket is it tends to increase the engine braking effect, say in a highchair you go over BP you hitting the deck with standard gearing (maybe maybe not, but it's more likely to happen) but with lowered gearing just backing off can have the same effect as dabbing on the rear brake, already mentioned how much easier and smoother you can bring it up with a larger rear as well.

Bring on the massive sprockets me says.

ZeroIndex
18th March 2006, 13:16
did anyone notice how low the tires are (talking about air pressure)?

texmo
18th March 2006, 19:39
Lower air pressure makes it a lot easyer apparently...

ghostrider
26th March 2006, 08:20
not true i can do slow wheelies on my stock gearing

Sniper
26th March 2006, 10:06
Those are pretty impressive

onearmedbandit
26th March 2006, 10:14
not true i can do slow wheelies on my stock gearing

Like how slow? 20-30km/h slow? Because on stock gearing your R1 must be pulling only roughly 3000rpm. How do you keep it up at those revs?

ghostrider
27th March 2006, 17:18
can slow it down 2 around 10km on my 954 1 foot on the passenger peg 1 foot riding the brake yes the bike its tryin 2 stall n shit but im just saying it can be done

DirtMad
27th March 2006, 17:30
their stoppies looked very smooth and well balanced. pretty cool clip, shame about the fast ending tho :cool:

ZeroIndex
27th March 2006, 18:27
their stoppies looked very smooth and well balanced. pretty cool clip, shame about the fast ending tho :cool:
yeah, the ending section would've been good... loved the intro where they both do perfect duel stoppies

ZeroIndex
27th March 2006, 18:28
Something I just remembered... did anyone notice as the bikes are going past the camera (left to right) in a stoppie, and the bikes are returning to idle revs, don't they sound a tiny bit like the pod racers from star wars episode 1? :D

GIXser
27th March 2006, 18:37
can slow it down 2 around 10km on my 954 1 foot on the passenger peg 1 foot riding the brake yes the bike its tryin 2 stall n shit but im just saying it can be done

impressive, you coming down to stuntday??? you can show us how its done

texmo
27th March 2006, 18:46
impressive, you coming down to stuntday??? you can show us how its done
bet you a fiver he dosent show man.

aff-man
27th March 2006, 18:56
Well I've gone up 6 teeth at the back... Havn't tried it yet but got my new chain today so as soon as I find a few links on she goes.

Should be easier to do the slower ones, but i'm more interested in the lower revs second gear sort of stuff.

onearmedbandit
27th March 2006, 19:08
Well freewheeling (with the clutch in) can be done on the balance point, so I suppose almost anything could be possible. Would love to see it, post up some footage if you can.

aff-man
27th March 2006, 19:38
Well freewheeling can be done on the balance point, so I suppose almost anything could be possible. Would love to see it, post up some footage if you can.

I had a real pucker moment once like that. Put the bike up and usually I hit the rev limiterafter a while or I throttle off and it comes down. This time however when I throttled off the bike just stayed up:gob: :gob: wasn't covering the rear brake so I almost shat myself.. Leant forward a bit and then bliped the throttle when it came down to make the landing somewhat softer...

GIXser
27th March 2006, 20:57
Well I've gone up 6 teeth at the back... Havn't tried it yet but got my new chain today so as soon as I find a few links on she goes.

Should be easier to do the slower ones, but i'm more interested in the lower revs second gear sort of stuff.

good one AffMann, saves us doing it , we can all use "your" bike at the stunt day as yours is set up now-- heheheeh:niceone:

aff-man
28th March 2006, 00:02
good one AffMann, saves us doing it , we can all use "your" bike at the stunt day as yours is set up now-- heheheeh:niceone:

Right.... you use mine and i'll use yours.<_< :shifty: :shifty: .. always wanted to know how it felt hoisting the front at 150k .......:Punk: :Punk: :laugh: :killingme