PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks and 2 days... 1000.8K's down

Blairos
15th March 2006, 13:12
Hey there

Cant really believe that I have only had my VTR250 2 weeks, and now have the grand total of 1000.8 k's logged!

In this time I have done a KB newbies ride with about 35+ others up to Wellsford (these are great to watch and learn from, as well as do!), been out with some very experienced riders (and gratefully accepted tips/pointers from them as well), Had Wet/Dry/Hot/Cold weather, all sorts of road surfaces, the list goes on!

This morning (and what about the weather today? SENSATIONAL!) I decided to explore some different territory, went from Manurewa, down the motorway, off at Drury - then up the Old Great South Road to the former "Collision Crossroads".
From there thru to Paparata, Hotel Du Vin, then along SH2 back to Pokeno, Tuakau, Pukekohe, Waiuku and back to Manurewa... All sorts of road surfaces ranging from gravel roadworks to lovely smooth SH seal

About a 140KM round trip, and there are so many things I have learnt so far in this 1000K oddessy... and I dont think this learning is gonna stop either...

So, its now time to take the VTR into AMPS for its Virginal Service tomorrow, and then back into it!
I expect this nice run of weather we are having in AKL will continue thru the Weekend, so I feel another ride into unexplored territory may be on the cards on Friday (having had Annual Leave for the last month has really contributed to this road-time)

Thats it, its such a great feeling coming back from a ride like I have just finished 40 mins ago!

Cheers :ride:

skelstar
15th March 2006, 13:19
Awesome. Do heaps of kms and learn as fast as you can. Dont for a minute think you have it sussed though...thats usually when you bin it. I know. :)

DemonWolf
15th March 2006, 13:23
Good story.. keep at the riding and learning.

Its all about enjoying the ride and learning - and praticing what your've learnt.

=)

Blairos
15th March 2006, 13:25
Awesome. Do heaps of kms and learn as fast as you can. Dont for a minute think you have it sussed though...thats usually when you bin it. I know. :)

So noted, (this is what I really like about KB, is the great advise you can get if you ask...) the one thing thats sticks at the top of mind for me, is to never underestimate my potential for falling off, no matter how may K's I have behind me.

People keep saying to me, with regards to Binning, that there are those that have, and those that will - I dont think there is much wrong with never wanting to come off...

MSTRS
15th March 2006, 13:27
... and I dont think this learning is gonna stop either...
You never stop learning. You will see....

skelstar
15th March 2006, 13:34
Yep. It seems that all you can do is put it off for longer (the binning) and make sure that you minimise your injuries for when you do. Also I think it has a lot to do with trying to influence the circumstances in which you will bin ie trying to avoid cages, staying away from armco barriers and cheese-cutters.

disclaimer: Im no expert, theres plenty that are wiser than I on this forum.

Insanity_rules
21st March 2006, 22:03
Good on yer! Live to ride and ride to live. Good people here and lots of wisdom to be learnt from. Its a good place to be.

And you're a fellow honda rider so all good things.