PDA

View Full Version : A month in NZ

toybox99615
15th March 2006, 13:58
I've just returned to the US after a month in NZ with a Harley tour: 28 bikes. After 5,400 miles (8700km) on the North and South Islands I can say there is one twistie after another. But more important is the general attitude I found with so many kiw's: they are just great to be around. I look forward to being there agin in another few months for another ride.

Coyote
15th March 2006, 14:22
Good to hear :2thumbsup

Wat would you say was your favourite bit of road?

toybox99615
16th March 2006, 13:29
Hum there were so many different places that I can not simply come up with only one: there was the strange section of road going through the gorge to Westport (one lane built on the side of the gorge); the numerous other gorges we drove;a lot of those small glades where the trees almost cover you; Milton Sound (but not the tunnel); East Coast loop on North Island; and dozens more. I'd say the only place I did not like was the trafic around Auckland and the idiots who drive there. The rest of the country was pretty neat most of the time.

ManDownUnder
16th March 2006, 13:34
Awesome - glad to hear it. And of course you're welcome back anytime.

You chose a good time - some of the most settled weather is around now.

MSTRS
16th March 2006, 14:12
....... Milton Sound (but not the tunnel); East Coast loop on North Island; and dozens more. I'd say the only place I did not like was the trafic around Auckland and the idiots who drive there. The rest of the country was pretty neat .....
Milford
The rest of the country luffs ya:lol:

Flatcap
17th March 2006, 19:45
I'd say the only place I did not like was the trafic around Auckland and the idiots who drive there. The rest of the country was pretty neat most of the time.

Hit the nail on the head there toybox. Glad you had a good time

oldrider
17th March 2006, 21:20
Hum there were so many different places that I can not simply come up with only one: there was the strange section of road going through the gorge to Westport (one lane built on the side of the gorge); the numerous other gorges we drove;a lot of those small glades where the trees almost cover you; Milton Sound (but not the tunnel); East Coast loop on North Island; and dozens more. I'd say the only place I did not like was the trafic around Auckland and the idiots who drive there. The rest of the country was pretty neat most of the time.
A pretty fair summing up I'd say, might see you next time. Cheers John.:niceone:

hondav2
6th April 2006, 20:23
I've just returned to the US after a month in NZ with a Harley tour: 28 bikes. After 5,400 miles (8700km) on the North and South Islands I can say there is one twistie after another. But more important is the general attitude I found with so many kiw's: they are just great to be around. I look forward to being there agin in another few months for another ride.

Where do you live in Alaska mate. I was up there last summer, went to Pruedohe Bay, Inuvik, Kenai Pen, Valdez , McCarthy, Yukon, NWT, B.C. Alberta and all the western states in the lower48. 27,000 miles in 4 months. Going to eastern USA then up to Labrador starting june. Are you coming back here again. Cheers Toddy

.produKt
11th April 2006, 18:43
I'd say the only place I did not like was the trafic around Auckland and the idiots who drive there. The rest of the country was pretty neat most of the time.

Shit happens :pinch:...

only in Auckland it seems

.produkt runs and hides :P

ajturbo
11th April 2006, 22:04
you just getting tyred of the winters at home eh?... next time get a real bike for NZ condtions:eyepoke: :whistle: :drinknsin

na just come on over ride what you want and enjoy matey!!!

White trash
11th April 2006, 22:08
You rode around NZ with 27 other Harleys and reckon Kiwis are great? Obviously didn't meet any KBers then.

Easy to spot, they're the ones with a hand clamped firmly over one eye.