PDA

View Full Version : Honda Riders Track Day (Taupo 22/03/06)

Highlander
16th March 2006, 23:04
Honda Riders Club Track day on the new Taupo track.

Any one else going to this?

Warr
16th March 2006, 23:18
Honda Riders Club Track day on the new Taupo track.

Any one else going to this?
My cousin from Katikati had has name down for that one... Not sure if he still is. I could find out in the weekend and let you know

Highlander
16th March 2006, 23:21
Cheers Warr.

Sounds like it will be a good day - specially if the weather holds.

FROSTY
17th March 2006, 00:10
22nd is that a weekday??
id be keen to be there if it is

Highlander
17th March 2006, 00:16
22nd is that a weekday??
id be keen to be there if it is

This coming Wednesday.
"Celebration" of the new track opening according to the info I got from the HRC.

Sparky Bills
17th March 2006, 07:31
I was going to be there, But as my April is full of stuff and events, my wallet just wont let me.

skelstar
17th March 2006, 07:44
Sh1t. I just signed up for HRC so didnt know about it. Woo...I might be interested but am going to Aucks this weekend. What to do?

loosebruce
17th March 2006, 07:54
Pretty sure this one is nearly or is full up, check there website out honda something something....... they have dates for all there track days coming up, good day too, sounds like Love, Fitzgerald and Slight will be at the wedensday one, you get tons of tracktime, spesh if it rains, i spent the whole day riding round, mint.
Think Motoracer from Akld is heading down to this one, $100 for memebers and $125 for non members.

magnum
17th March 2006, 08:13
ill b there to try an keep some of you honda guys honest:spudbooge

skelstar
17th March 2006, 08:19
Crap. $100 for members? Whats the point of belonging to the HRC? I thought it was free :).

magnum
17th March 2006, 11:30
hi,well worth the money.$125 for us non members and still value for money,trust me,well run,good feed,good people and more track time than you can handle.:woohoo:

NinjaBoy
17th March 2006, 16:41
Yep I'm signed up. Any one else from Aucks going ? Planning on leaving mid-afternoon

SlowHand
17th March 2006, 18:39
from auckland?

well, I wanted to go, but this dude that was meant to get back to me never did. I can take a hint :pokey:

Leong
17th March 2006, 21:12
Yep, signed up a while back.... looking forward to it... See you there!

Motoracer
17th March 2006, 21:50
Yep, I'll be there piloting a race bike of some discription. It's definetly not a honda though...

motobob
19th March 2006, 12:13
Yep, I'll be there piloting a race bike of some discription. It's definetly not a honda though...

Thought non rego bikes with race numbers were not allowed because of some local bylaw.
Let us know how you get on cos I'd like to take my numbered bike down.

Motoracer
19th March 2006, 13:58
Thought non rego bikes with race numbers were not allowed because of some local bylaw.
Let us know how you get on cos I'd like to take my numbered bike down.

Oh fuck, I might be screwed here then!

I'll find out ASAP and post up the verdict.

FROSTY
19th March 2006, 21:21
sounds like crap to me MB--more like honda owners group dont want em on the track

motobob
19th March 2006, 22:06
sounds like crap to me MB--more like honda owners group dont want em on the track

Nah was in the HRC magazine with Mary Perkins on the cover. However your right Frosty cos how do they hold race meets there?

In the past I'm sure they have had some F3 racebikes there. LB was there so he might confirm them being there. I knocked my head on the ground so thats the reason for the lousy memory (that and old age)

Keystone19
19th March 2006, 22:08
I knocked my head on the ground so thats the reason for the lousy memory (that and old age)

Oh, I thought you were born like that.

motobob
19th March 2006, 22:36
Just another viscious rumour started by feminists (or whatever those wacko women are) :argh:

Toast
20th March 2006, 13:49
Where can we find out more about this? They got a website? Might be a good day to get sick.

motobob
21st March 2006, 08:00
Where can we find out more about this? They got a website? Might be a good day to get sick.

Contact Robyn Stace HRC 09 449 2790 or info@hrcnz.co.nz

Toast
21st March 2006, 08:27
Contact Robyn Stace HRC 09 449 2790 or info@hrcnz.co.nz

Cheers MB...

cowpoos
21st March 2006, 10:11
Cheers MB...

yeah you get some practise on the track lad your gunna need it....

Toast
21st March 2006, 19:14
yeah you get some practise on the track lad your gunna need it....

*sits on floor, crosses legs, breathes deeply, slips in to a place where there is no 'Poos to bait him*

Ah, that's better :)

cowpoos
21st March 2006, 20:01
*sits on floor, crosses legs, breathes deeply, slips in to a place where there is no 'Poos to bait him*

Ah, that's better :)

rep dispatched....lmao

Motoracer
24th March 2006, 00:34
Oh fuck, I might be screwed here then!

I'll find out ASAP and post up the verdict.

Belive it or not, I never got hold of a computer between now and the last post I made above.

So, sorry about not being able to pass on the message on time but, obviously race bikes were allowed on the track.

Highlander
24th March 2006, 00:42
Twas a GOOD day. The new track is awesome.
Good turn out, bikes of all shapes and sizes. The weather held out too.
Didn't take my camera on account of the forecasters promising thunder storms (there was thunder but the rain didn't even wet the track) so no pickys.

saiko
24th March 2006, 21:27
On my yellow/gray GSX-r1000, saw MR, didn't see you Highlander. The last session was wet - around 4.20pm, but still went out. Couple of slides but all good fun. Anyone do over 230kp/h on the back straight? Anyone find a brake lever belonging to a shiny new CBR?

NinjaBoy
24th March 2006, 21:47
Absolutely the best trackday I've been to so far. Rain stayed off my sessions 'cept the front straight was slightly damp during a couple of laps but the other end of the full track was bone dry. It's a big circuit.

Obviously there were a few more KB'ers lurking about ....

Highlander
24th March 2006, 22:03
On my yellow/gray GSX-r1000, saw MR, didn't see you Highlander. The last session was wet - around 4.20pm, but still went out. Couple of slides but all good fun. Anyone do over 230kp/h on the back straight? Anyone find a brake lever belonging to a shiny new CBR?

I was there (in the slow group). 230Km/h I can only dream about, got to 170 on the back straight so I was well chuffed. Found that I am cornering much better, catching up on the bendy bits then being out gunned in straight line.

saiko
24th March 2006, 22:08
I was watching 234km/h on my speedo, looked up and FUCK the track was to my left. Stopped about 5m inside the cones, and got back on the track. Did I think 220ish, at 13,000rpm in third, then next lap shifted into 4th and saw 228 before braking. But nothing compared to the A and B guys. It's all about the cornering anyway, the straight line stuff is fun, but only means you have a bike with more horsepower.

Highlander
24th March 2006, 22:23
Agreed there is more to riding than straight line speed. Especially if you are like me and too tight to make impromtu donations to Helens re election fund.

I REALLY enjoyed the day.
Loved the ride home (came through the Payes Pa road from Rotorua).

Must get me a KB shirt so I'm more noticable.

Motoracer
25th March 2006, 12:29

Ohh.. So that was you. Next time, you should come say hi. :) Good on you for being game enough to try out the last session. Me and Hayden were hanging out and since even he didn't want to go out in the session, I didn't feel bad from wussing out. Since I had only just bought the bike the night before!

I did see something like 240 on my R6 but it's been geared to top out at that so I ran out of revs 2/3rds of the way up the back straight.