PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP, the season opener!

White trash
16th April 2004, 12:56
So, whos going to win on Sunday. See if any of us know what the hell we're talking about!

White trash
16th April 2004, 13:04
Oh yeah!

Don't forget to tell us why you vote the way you do. I reckon Edwards will do it because he's super aggressive and hungry as hell after the Honda balls up a couple of years ago.

riffer
16th April 2004, 13:10
Oh yeah!

Don't forget to tell us why you vote the way you do. I reckon Edwards will do it because he's super aggressive and hungry as hell after the Honda balls up a couple of years ago.
Nah, Edwards will fall off, just like that french bloke did in the Superbikes the other week on the second corner. Too hungry.

The only way for any of the others to beat the Doctor is to ride out of their skins. Trouble is, they'll fall off trying to do what seems to come naturally to him.

Rossi won't have half the domination he had last season but he will sure as hell be better than most of them most of the time, and that should be good enough for the championship.

Is he lighter than all of them too?

riffer
16th April 2004, 13:14
BTW watched the Paeroa races on Sky last night after I went home.

What was up with Johan at those races? He looked so competitive at Wanganui and just fell away from them on the faster circuit.

Surely the 600 isn't that uncompetitive with him onboard?

Ghost Lemur
16th April 2004, 13:28
Rossi - That boy has the natural skill to make him unstoppable even on an average bike.

scroter
16th April 2004, 14:14
Rossi got it. Could be close with edwards, I think hes got a big question mark on him. I seen a picture of him at phillip island testing bike at full lean with inside hande off the bike doing the finger to the camera. Still who wants Honda to keep on winning? :2thumbsup

duckman
16th April 2004, 14:50
Rossi will take it, no question. He's too bloody good. :scooter:

White trash
16th April 2004, 15:01
What the hell is this? The Valentino fan club? :no:

Motoracer
16th April 2004, 15:03
Rossi all the way bro! Sorry WT lol

Coldkiwi
16th April 2004, 15:24
Rossi fan club- maybe. But by cripes, we all know he can ride around the wind let along like it and it sounds as though the yamaha isn't far off the pace of the Honda this year... I think Rossi could win on last years stroker let alone this years only slightly slower yammy.

White trash
16th April 2004, 15:36
Rossi fan club- maybe. But by cripes, we all know he can ride around the wind let along like it and it sounds as though the yamaha isn't far off the pace of the Honda this year... I think Rossi could win on last years stroker let alone this years only slightly slower yammy.

Don't forget that Barros was on the pace in testing on the Yamahahahah last season too.............................

I hope KR JR wins actually. Go the SUZUKI :ar15:

Hitcher
16th April 2004, 15:49
The only thing that will stop Dr Rossi winning is the bike. I'm yet to be convinced that the new Yamaha is a consistently better package than the Ducati.

riffer
16th April 2004, 15:51
What the hell is this? The Valentino fan club? :no:
Geez WT I thought you'd be supporting the skinny white boy all the way!

White trash
16th April 2004, 16:14
Colin Edwards reminds me of my all time hero, Mr Kevin Schwantz.

But only since Scott Russel doesn't race anymore. Those Texans seem like the most down to earth people in the paddock. I like real people and I hate phonies. The Italians and the Spaniards seem manufactured to me. (With the exception of Frankie Chili of course)

If I thought he had a hope in hell, I'd love to see Jezza McWilliams doin' it or Shakey Byrne. Not because I like Aprillia particularly but both of those guys worked for Fast Bikes mag and thay are NUTTERS :gob:

I like crazy people. Hence the company I keep :msn-wink:

Big Dog
16th April 2004, 16:45
Even forgetting the fact he is on a new bike (Honda only relased him for testing from April According to a sports night.).
Rossi could win it on a FXR150 if he really put his mind to it.

Absolute nutcase, but also a legend in his own lunchbox.

Big Dog
16th April 2004, 16:48
If I were a betting man, five would get you ten he's on the podium.

White trash
16th April 2004, 16:59
If I were a betting man, five would get you ten he's on the podium.

I am a betting man and I just threw 20 bucks on Edwards at 11-1.

Go you good thing!

Coldkiwi
16th April 2004, 17:15
i'd love to see the Aprilia's start hauling the big boys in and a green machine on the podium would be sweet too... but I still think they've got lots of work to do to let their riders get close to the honda's or Rossi.

spudchucka
16th April 2004, 17:32
Rossi - the Yamaha isn't that far behind the Honda and in Rossi's hands it will be right up there. Thats assumming they haven't made major improvements to the yamaha, if they have Rossi will eat them all for breakfast again.

SPman
16th April 2004, 17:56
i'd love to see the Aprilia's start hauling the big boys in and a green machine on the podium would be sweet too... but I still think they've got lots of work to do to let their riders get close to the honda's or Rossi. They may not have time:-
"Aprilia are in extreme financial difficulties- they have appparently not paid Rotax for engines for two years and are kept afloat by the Italian government. The main cause of these problems is the extremely high cost of their RS3 project. Sooner or later they will be forced to abandon this project by the shareholders."
Would be good to see the Brit boys go well, but I dont see it!
Also:-
"The GP Committee (FIM, Dorna, GPMA and IRTA) has decided that as of the 2007 season, four-strokes will be reduced in size to 900 cc. Furthermore, the minimum weights for the various engine sizes has been increased by 3 kg as of this season, i.e. twins and triples now have a minimum weight of 138 kg (was 135), fours and fives 148 (was 145) and sixes or more cylinders 158 kg (was 155). Oval-pistoned engines mean a 10 kg weight penalty as before.
Fuel tank capacity will be 22 litres as of 1/1/2005.
The Committee also confirmed that the 250 class will remain as is until the end of 2009 at least"
By then they should be doing 300 mph!
How about the other Rossi - Cappirossi? Good for a podium.?
Biaggi will can it and blame someone else!
Soooo....Edwards, this early in!

Big Dog
16th April 2004, 18:01
No one in nz is broadcasting it are they?
Perhaps if we got together and sponsored someone with a maori name they would put it on the maori channel?

Shawn
16th April 2004, 19:03
Dang!! so I have to have Sky to watch Rosi kicking every1's ass...out of luck.. :( ..humm...i might go to my mate's house...can any1 tell me the timetable?

Motoracer
16th April 2004, 23:06
Dang!! so I have to have Sky to watch Rosi kicking every1's ass...out of luck.. :( ..humm...i might go to my mate's house...can any1 tell me the timetable?

Where have you been? Sky don't show Moto GP no more :(

gpercivl
16th April 2004, 23:07

Sky's not running it or the MotoX GP's this year...

pete376403
16th April 2004, 23:20
The only way for any of the others to beat the Doctor is to ride out of their skins. Trouble is, they'll fall off trying to do what seems to come naturally to him.

Rossi won't have half the domination he had last season but he will sure as hell be better than most of them most of the time, and that should be good enough for the championship.

Is he lighter than all of them too?

Doctor Rossi? - didn't think you were old enough to remember Peyton Place

Marknz
17th April 2004, 00:37
Rossi, 'cause he is that good on two wheels. I know the Yamaha isn't really an exceptional bike, but with the team he took from HRC and his riding skill he has to be a real chance not only to win the first race this weekend, but to win the championship this season.

As it happens, I just logged on and got the times from the first free practise session. Guess who's on top already!

Rossi 1m34.4
Biaggi 1m34.7
Edwards 1m35.1
Roberts 1m35.1
Gibernau 1m35.
Barros 1m35.5
Melandri 1m35.5
Checa 1m35.7
Hayden 1m35.9
Capirossi 1m35.9

Marknz
18th April 2004, 09:34
1) Rossi 1:32.647.
2) Gibernau 1:32.682.
3) Biaggi 1:32.919.
4) Hayden 1:33.098.
5) Edwards 1:33.111.
6) Nakano 1:33.276.
7) Melandri 1:33.296.
8) Barros 1:33.359.
9) Capirossi 1:33.522.
10) Roberts Jnr 1:33.543.

Others of interest...

15) Hodgson 1:33.977.
16) Xaus 1:34.103.
17) McWilliams 1:34.404.
19) Byrne 1:34.703.
21) Bayliss 1:35.804.

SPman
18th April 2004, 10:15
The guy is good - lets hope the bike is up to full race distance.
The interesting thing is less than a second covers the first 10 qualifiers! :eek:

gpercivl
19th April 2004, 16:23
Well Rossi won it by 0.2 secs over Biaggi, and set history as the 1st person to come out and win his first GP after changing manufacturers.

Big Dog
19th April 2004, 17:59
Well Rossi won it by 0.2 secs over Biaggi, and set history as the 1st person to come out and win his first GP after changing manufacturers.
Yay us we were right but that's kind of like asking if Schumacher will win the new japanese GP just cos it will be his first outing...

andy1
19th April 2004, 19:32
THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE ON TWO WHEELS GOES TO ROSSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A MOTORCYCLE GOD IN MY BOOKS

scroter
20th April 2004, 11:50
well wat da ya know we must know a thing or too cause Rossi did win it from Biaggi aparrantly but I was told it was bloody close.