PDA

View Full Version : A good week.

Jackrat
16th April 2004, 19:05
Went to New Plymouth yesterday to pick up a twin disc front end for the bike.
Got there and the bike the front end was coming off was a chopper with bits from alsorts of bikes.As soon as I had a good look I realised the front end was in fact a 750 not 650.That's ok as they are a simple swap and the 750 has stronger forks with better internals.Pity the seals are blown but I still got me twin disc brakes now.I also got the rear wheel and a few other bits that might come in handy.I spent most of today mounting the new disc and then took her for a run.I can now get the rear wheel off the ground,YEHAAAA.
The other good thing that happened was the Ma' in law bought a near new leather jacket and pants at the local second hand shop for the father in law.They didn't fit him but they fit me like a glove.Not bad for $200 I think. :banana:

jrandom
16th April 2004, 19:08
I can now get the rear wheel off the ground,YEHAAAA.

If you manage to get it lofting past a foot or so and post the resultant photo of a stoppying XS650, I think that not only will you receive the applaud of the entire forum, your photo will become one of the most widely circulated links on the internet bike community within short order.

Please! For the sake of the children!

Big Dog
16th April 2004, 19:17
Thats about the one thing NP is good for, a riders paradise. Excellent variety of roads, cheap parts and accessories, oh and more good roads.

Jackrat
16th April 2004, 20:46
LoL,A foot you reckon,More like an inch or two.
Yeah NP has some primo roads,That coast Rd and the gorge is really worth the trip.I was stuck in my Patrol but saw some guys on bikes having fun.Lucky Buggers!!!

Motu
16th April 2004, 22:20
I'm jealous - good brakes and new duds - that's a rare find....someone the same shape as you!

You shoulda dropped into the Urenui Brewery for some Mikes Mild Ale,like my daughter did,got a case for me I'm rather enjoying.It's the brew that the farm workers in jolly old drank as part of the job....it's like a food,a very complex taste - as far from Lion Red as an XS650 is from an R1.

wkid_one
17th April 2004, 08:05
Thats about the one thing NP is good for, a riders paradise. Excellent variety of roads, cheap parts and accessories, oh and more good roads.
Must say that I was up there for 3 days this week - and I agree.......roads were fantastic