PDA

View Full Version : Hardchomed and regrind.

Bonez
17th March 2006, 16:45
I would like to get the spare 39mm frork tubes I have refurbished. Anyone know an outfit who will do a proffessional job?

Sensei
17th March 2006, 16:55
Friend that Flys could see about getting them Aircraft hard cromed PM
" Pussy " on here from Taranaki he should be able to help you out .

TLDV8
17th March 2006, 19:16
If its for your CB....it might be worth emailing Franks......they supply new tubes hardchromed and ground.

http://www.frankmain.qpg.com/

Paulus
17th March 2006, 19:50
Pole Electroplaters in Christchurch did a good job on my brothers Fireblade fork legs. The factory chrome wore off them really quickly - must have been from a bad batch. Casbolts said he would need new fork legs but Pole's fixed them well and they're still going strong 4 years later.

imdying
17th March 2006, 22:56
Pole Electroplating specialize in 'proper' chrome, industrial chroming like tow balls and the like. They're definitely the business :)

Kickaha
18th March 2006, 05:25
Pole Electroplaters in Christchurch did a good job on my brothers Fireblade fork legs. The factory chrome wore off them really quickly - must have been from a bad batch. Casbolts said he would need new fork legs but Pole's fixed them well and they're still going strong 4 years later.

Had some done by them years ago, good quality job and one week turnaround I was told they no longer do it though?

imdying
18th March 2006, 11:37
Couldn't tell you, but the A in A W Pole electroplating is for Anthony, who was my neighbour for the first 15 odd years of my life. Seen all sorts of nice chrome bits... he chromed his sons BMX when he was about 3 or 4. This was waaay back before you could buy anything like that in the shops, looked phat :D (damn, used phat twice in one way, must go an kill myself now....)

geoffm
18th March 2006, 18:51
I just had the forks for the RG done by a crowd in Rptorua - knight Motorcycles, Pukikohe can give you the details. Another option is aftermarket fork tubes - you will have to look overseas for them. Depends what you are riding.
Geoff

Bonez
18th March 2006, 19:06
I just had the forks for the RG done by a crowd in Rptorua - knight Motorcycles, Pukikohe can give you the details. Another option is aftermarket fork tubes - you will have to look overseas for them. Depends what you are riding.
GeoffThanks.. Geof if you don't mind me asking, what was the charge? Just a round figure will do. I've got a spare set of tubes for the CB750Fc2 that I'd like to get done. Noticed Grrties chrome on the rh fork tube is getting a bit thin so will get the spare set done, fit them, then get Gerties original tubes done.

What?
18th March 2006, 19:19
I had a set done by Engineering Services ltd, 73 Biak st, Rotorua.
Cost $65 per leg (+ gst), about 10 yrs ago.
No complaints about the quality of job.
Ph 07 348 8764

BLM in Morrinsville have also been advertising re-chroming fork tubes. I know the firm well, but have no personal experience with their hard chroming. Could be worth giving them a call, though.

Bonez
18th March 2006, 19:22
I had a set done by Engineering Services ltd, 73 Biak st, Rotorua.
Cost $65 per leg (+ gst), about 10 yrs ago.
No complaints about the quality of job.
Ph 07 348 8764

BLM in Morrinsville have also been advertising re-chroming fork tubes. I know the firm well, but have no personal experience with their hard chroming. Could be worth giving them a call, though.Excellent just the info I need. Thanks.

Pussy
18th March 2006, 19:55
Try Engine Components at Hamilton Airport. They do all the hard chroming for Pacific Aerospace. I have had two sets of fork legs done there in the past. Top notch. They will come back with aviation quality hard chrome, perfectly round and parallel. Most other outfits only put on decorative chrome. You will not have any more trouble if you get the job done right. PM me if you want