PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Member!

Rick
16th April 2004, 20:11
Just saying hi everyone....finally got myself another race bike after about 3 years of doing jack all.

Lookin forward to my first race meeting :) next weekend. Theres just one important thing I need (see trading section).

By the way, cool as website...I've found lots of good info.

Ms Piggy
16th April 2004, 20:46
Welcome Rick!

Great bunch of friendly types round here. Have fun racing! :cool:

magnum
16th April 2004, 23:01
welcome to the team and good luck for the racing!!!

Firefight
17th April 2004, 07:28
Gidday & welcome Rick, yeah this is a great site, do you get out to Kimmys farm or Thundervalley ? are you racing the RM,or getting into road racing ?

Firefight. :crazy:

Rick
17th April 2004, 11:23
I haven't been to any of the riding areas around here as I'm reasonably new to the area as well.

If you have any info on where I can ride that would be great.

I'll be racing Moto-X on the RM. I'm also hoping to do a bit of SuperMotard.

Firefight
17th April 2004, 11:31
Hey again Rick,

Plenty of good motox tracks in the Waikato, also lots of farms set up as trail/moto tracks.

1) Thunder Valley H/way 22 south of glen murray, 750 acres, 2 motx tracks, hill, forest, bush, rocks, swamps, one of the best places to ride..

2) Also Kimmys Farm, Rotowaro(west of Huntly) motox track, and very good enduro/cross country type track.

3) Farm /trail/ lodge set up at Wharoha

4) DOC trail, with cool river crossings at "Maratoto"

just a few, pm me for more info. I am at work atm, don,t have contact details for these places with me.

Firefight. :crazy:

Lord Pac
17th April 2004, 19:46
welcome- sweet mx bike- good choice! ;)

Firefight
17th April 2004, 20:34
Hey again Rick, here is a list of moto x tracks and contact numbers, may be of interst to other riders..
Ardmore Moto x track, Ardmore Quarry Road, above avg track, 09-2680886
Harrisville Moto x Gerahty Maber Rd Harrisville Seriuos track not for newbies, big jumps, contact 09 2386854.very techincal

Huntly motox track, just north of huntly down side road towards huntly east coal feild, bloody good track (fast) 09 8246655.

JAM TRACK, small private track, short bush loop & avg skill motox track, located between Clevedon and maretai, contact John 025 347784

Kimmys Fram, above avg moto x track, bloody good enduro/cross country loop.
located Mc Donald mine rd Rotowaro(west huntly) 07 828 4804

Patetonga Motox, bloody awseome track, very techincal, 07 8975710.

Ramarama track (located at Ararimu) small basic, cheap to get in, but not much of a challange, Steel road Ararimu, 09 2947259

Thunder cross, H/way 22 Naike/ great place, good vaue 2 x motox tracks, plus awsome natural jumps, contact James 09 2333117, if your going there watch out for road bikes that travel that road, more than likely be one of us.

Thats about it, I also work at Woodhill forest motor cycle park, but prob a bit far for you to go, and not much to offer for motox rider., pm me if you need more info.

Firefight. :wacko:

babyB
18th April 2004, 05:28
hi there rick good to see u here

Hitcher
18th April 2004, 15:40
Welcome! It's good to see somebody else bitten by the biking bug...