PDA

View Full Version : Bike Wanted

shazzygirl
18th March 2006, 15:28
Hi everyone. Nice to be part of this site.
I would like to buy a small cruiser - 400-500 cc, a maraunder, virago, intruder. Have not been riding since 98 so need a little instructions too maybe. Confidence a bit low, but willing, enthusiastic and eager. Contact: shazzygirl.

MSTRS
18th March 2006, 15:52
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-51104624.htm

BEAMER89
18th March 2006, 21:13
Hay shazzygirl good luck with the great bike hunt. the only way to beat the confidence thingy is to get out there & ride.:ride:
Ohh Yeh and welcome to KB!!:wavey:

kickingzebra
18th March 2006, 21:23
Buy GSXR 1000, that is the easiest way to be kewl... and confident, and fast!!
Sorry can't help with a cruiser, But good luck to finding one, and welcome to KB

Hooks
22nd March 2006, 20:55
Hey there girl !! Glad to see you found the place :nya: ... Lots of cool people here and as for the bike ... well one should turn up eventually :sunny: ... I should be able to take you for a spin as soon as I get the old beast's clutch done ....:doobey:

Insanity_rules
24th March 2006, 15:31
Hi Shazzy, welcome. Good luck with the bike hunt.

Sparky Bills
24th March 2006, 15:49
Hey there girl !! Glad to see you found the place :nya: ... Lots of cool people here and as for the bike ... well one should turn up eventually :sunny: ... I should be able to take you for a spin as soon as I get the old beast's clutch done ....:doobey:

Welcome!
Hey Hooks... Where are these soo called "good people"??:Pokey:

slimjim
29th March 2006, 19:13
:no: :doh: :Offtopic: wow there are some weird ones on here too .haha, and its shows when room is offered too, stay there, as i too shall hold my promise and ride with you,

Colapop
29th March 2006, 20:00
What sort of price range are you willing to spend SG? You can get a new Hyosung for around $6k, or some pretty decent cruisers for $4-$5k. Another option could be something like an S40 (new model Suzuki Savage)

shazzygirl
29th March 2006, 21:05
:no: :doh: :Offtopic: wow there are some weird ones on here too .haha, and its shows when room is offered too, stay there, as i too shall hold my promise and ride with you,
I am not weird slimjim, but the lounge has been booked by a lady rider from Roto so its no room left at the inn. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

shazzygirl
29th March 2006, 21:06
What sort of price range are you willing to spend SG? You can get a new Hyosung for around $6k, or some pretty decent cruisers for $4-$5k. Another option could be something like an S40 (new model Suzuki Savage)
Thanks colapop, I may have to rethink the purchase of a bike, as finances are needed to spend elsewhere. I will look again about the end of the year. Cheers

kevie
7th April 2006, 10:37
Good Morning shazzy :)

Will take yah too when someone arranges a local ride on a Sunday and wifey isnt going with me.

Oh and thanks for putting me onto this site too... found it in the end LOL

magicfairy
7th April 2006, 12:12
I have a S40 savage (650 single). Bought from new Now $6995.
I have just had mine rejetted to get rid of backfiring and increase the power. Not necessary but commonly done.
I am only 5ft 1. I find it is a perfect little bike, light, easy to manouvere, easy to ride. I rode scooters for years so it was my first "big" bike and it has been just great.

.produKt
20th April 2006, 21:43
Quote: What sort of price range are you willing to spend SG? You can get a new Hyosung for around $6k, or some pretty decent cruisers for $4-$5k.

Err from what ive heard ya wanna stay away from some of those Hyosung's.
Apparantly they lack feeling completely, and the brakes feel daft and dissconnected etc, and they come with crappy tyres.

Only from what i've heard - but i wouldnt want one.

slimjim
21st April 2006, 07:17
I am not weird slimjim, but the lounge has been booked by a lady rider from Roto so its no room left at the inn. Thanks for the vote of confidence!:scooter: :nya: :doobey: yea ha, stay non smoking

shazzygirl
21st April 2006, 12:31
:scooter: :nya: :doobey: yea ha, stay non smoking
Took ya long enough to get back on this one slim, aye you not keeping an eye on the old ladies checking out the site, hehe.:zzzz:

Bonez
21st April 2006, 18:14
Err from what ive heard ya wanna stay away from some of those Hyosung's. Apparantly they lack feeling completely, and the brakes feel daft and dissconnected etc, and they come with crappy tyres.
Don't beleive everything you hear. Crappy tyres and brake pads are easily replaced.

I've met quite a few riders who seem quite happy with there Hyobags.