PDA

View Full Version : hey gidday

FROSTY
16th April 2004, 22:14
I just realised Ive never bothered saying gidday.
I'm new to this forum but not new to bikes--I added up and realised ive been riding for a quarter of a century.
My current bikes are a kwakka gtr1000 and a yam xj600
I've never stopped riding road bikes except for a very short time when I smashed my shoulder up too bad to ride.
I did bucket racing for a while before moveing up to the big bikes.
Thanks to a member of this forum I've got the bug back so I'm now planning to get back into the raceing whilst raising the next generation of bikers.
Baby bikie is my 4 year old son and he rides with me on my GTR1000 road bike
He has a custom made car seat that bolts on the back of my bike.

magnum
16th April 2004, 23:03
hello and welcome to the team.

Motoracer
16th April 2004, 23:22
Gidday Ton, looking forward to meeting you, on the track or on a road ride. I'll let you know if I still have the bike by tomorrow evening.

Firefight
17th April 2004, 07:33
welcome to the site mate, some pretty good people here, lots of good info,

bit of bullshit, and some dam good freinds. :grouphug:

Firefight.

Ms Piggy
17th April 2004, 07:42
:) Welcome & enjoy making some good friends & getting some great advice.

FROSTY
17th April 2004, 07:52
Gidday Ton, looking forward to meeting you, on the track or on a road ride. I'll let you know if I still have the bike by tomorrow evening.
sounds good dude--I had to decide -see about leathers or a bike last night
Leathers won --wohooo I have a nice set now--and with a virgin set of knee scrapers to wear out too :scooter:
Im definitely interested in the zxr -itll be perfect for my level of racing

pete376403
17th April 2004, 23:55
Baby bikie is my 4 year old son and he rides with me on my GTR1000 road bike
He has a custom made car seat that bolts on the back of my bike.

Ever been hassled by the cops over this? I once took my youngest out when her legs were not long enough to reach the pegs, so she put her feet on the saddle bag (hard bags) frames. Cop pulled us over and said she shouldn't be on the back if she couldn't reach the pegs.

babyB
18th April 2004, 05:21
hay there xjxj welcome. :spudwave:
be good to see u on the track, hell if i can i know u can :niceone:

Hitcher
18th April 2004, 15:41
A belated welcome. At 80 posts you lost your cherry a while ago!

FROSTY
19th April 2004, 00:18
Ever been hassled by the cops over this? I once took my youngest out when her legs were not long enough to reach the pegs, so she put her feet on the saddle bag (hard bags) frames. Cop pulled us over and said she shouldn't be on the back if she couldn't reach the pegs.
Nope never once been hassled by the cops.Ive been pulled over at random stops several times over the past couple of years and the only comments Ive ever had have all been positive.
The set up Ive got makes it impossible for him to fall off under normal riding conditions but means in a crash he could bail as easily as any other pillion.
The other thing is because the seat back is fairly high his lid can only go back to horisontal so the neck strain is reduced.