PDA

View Full Version : Chain/gear ratio program for all you tweakers and sprocket changers

N4CR
18th March 2006, 23:57
OKay... this little program does gear and chain ratio crap, I got it off a clients computer I was fixing at work. It's for go-carts but a chain and a sprocket is the same thing anywhere right?

Enjoy.

P.S this is in winzip (.zip) format as I cannot post .exe's .. if someone has a server I can chuck this on so you mech people who suck at computers can just get it that way. If not just PM me your email and i'll email the .exe if you can't get your head around winzip or get it from www.winzip.com

Gremlin
19th March 2006, 20:31
...If not just PM me your email and i'll email the .exe if you can't get your head around winzip...
you stupid n00b... :sleep: Some people might not get the .exe as some systems remove exe files, like university (even inside zips etc).

Cheers for the file :2thumbsup

merv
19th March 2006, 20:42
I just use sheet 2 of this Excel file which is set up for bikes with up to 6 speed gearbox. Fill in your primary drive ratio, gearbox ratios, wheel and tyre size etc in the pink column and it calculates the overall ratios and theoretical speeds in the gears for you. Change the name at the top of the page to that of your bike, else it will still say VFR750F.

Sheet 1 will work out the number of chain links for you. I haven't filled that one out (so some random figures in there, not the ones for the VFR750F).

SlowHand
19th March 2006, 20:49
Is this how you get all that pr0n tristina? not really fair charging for them now is it...