PDA

View Full Version : Nice Policeman issues lenient ticket!!

Madness
19th March 2006, 13:28
I had the pleasure of meeting a very nice Policeman thismorning (E796).He completely blew away my opinion of the Highway Patrol as being a bunch of tossers in blue uniforms. :scratch:

I admit I was being an idiot and entirely deserved a speeding ticket. I may not however have deserved a ticket for 120km/hr on the Welly motorway when I was actually doing 135km/hr. I might have achieved a ticket for riding outside the conditions of my licence, which I did not recieve.

All in all a pleasurable experience. Go the Welly Highway Patrol, Keep it up!!:third:

Madness
19th March 2006, 13:30
As I told the Policeman, I would not have been on the motorway carving up traffic if the Rimutaka Hill wasn't so covered in GRAVEL!!!!:mad:

scumdog
19th March 2006, 13:30
Don't post that shit here - we only want to know how bad you got 'done wrong by some arsehole of a cop' etc etc.

Madness
19th March 2006, 13:37
Don't post that shit here - we only want to know how bad you got 'done wrong by some arsehole of a cop' etc etc.

Hey, This is the first time I have been pulled over and gone away afterwards without my asshole dragging on the road behind me. I was amazed by the level of humanity displayed..... until He told me he rides also (kind of- a BMW)

I think there a few decent cops out there, I just wonder how long it takes ém to realise what a bad career choice they made!!

onearmedbandit
19th March 2006, 13:39
Yup, got stopped myself on the Akaroa hill the other day. He had already pulled a car over, heard me coming and walked into the middle of the road and indicated for me to stop. I pulled over, killed the engine, answered his questions truthfully and with respect and he checked my wof and reg then waved me on. I was in the wrong (on a couple of matters) but I gave him no shit, and he gave me none back. Thankyou.

scumdog
19th March 2006, 13:42
I think there a few decent cops out there, I just wonder how long it takes ém to realise what a bad career choice they made!!

Depends on whose opinion it's a 'bad career choice', so far I thinks it's a pretty good one - especially for the :nya: and :Pokey: factors:2thumbsup

Good to see SOMEBODY has had a positive experience - most people don't post about it, only when they made a wrong choice and got pinged for it, THEN they post, hoo-boy do they post!

Swoop
20th March 2006, 08:11
Hey, This is the first time I have been pulled over and gone away afterwards without my asshole dragging on the road behind me. I was amazed by the level of humanity displayed..... until He told me he rides also (kind of- a BMW)

You will gradually understand that there are a few coppers on this site, and you may have had the pleasure of meeting one here already...:hug:
Some police are of the same sick-twisted mentality as the rest of us here.... we ride bikes!!!:thud:

Lou Girardin
20th March 2006, 08:18
It could be that you were actually doing 120. Your speedo is quite likely reading fast.

scumdog
20th March 2006, 09:52
It could be that you were actually doing 120. Your speedo is quite likely reading fast.

Hmmm, 15km out?? maybe.

Will be giving him a pretty good (false) fuel economy figure if so.

Aitch
20th March 2006, 09:57
You mean that if you treat cops like normal human beings they actually respond in kind???? Well who'd a thunk it??????

Lou Girardin
20th March 2006, 10:43
Hmmm, 15km out?? maybe.

Will be giving him a pretty good (false) fuel economy figure if so.

Mine's 10 - 12 k's fast at that speed. The computer is dead on though. I just look at the speedo when I need an ego boost.
Or overtake a cop with 120 on the speedo and feel all brave.:laugh:

Jonty
20th March 2006, 12:53
You can't have met the cop I did last week - no love from him the bastard:doh:

skelstar
20th March 2006, 13:05
Good to see SOMEBODY has had a positive experience - most people don't post about it...
THere has been two posts in less than 7 days about positive experiences re: the cops. I guess its just like posting about service in motorcycle dealerships. People generally prefer spread stories of misery...just listen to talk-back radio.

Onya MAX.

madboy
20th March 2006, 13:06
As I told the Policeman, I would not have been on the motorway carving up traffic if the Rimutaka Hill wasn't so covered in GRAVEL!!!!:mad:Yeah, you nutter, carving up cars on the mway... playing with 636s off traffic lights... you bad bad boy.

scumdog
20th March 2006, 13:06
You can't have met the cop I did last week - no love from him the bastard:doh:

Now THAT'S the kind of post this site wants...

Jonty
20th March 2006, 13:12
Now THAT'S the kind of post this site wants...

Yeah we couldn't have this thread going all soft now could we:niceone: Mind you he was very polite, I think I was the last one he needed for his quota so he could go home:Pokey:

madboy
20th March 2006, 13:12
If people spread too much positive feedback about cops it dilutes the negative feedback that is so often prevalent. The media doesn't provide balance, why the hell would anyone else want to?

sels1
20th March 2006, 13:18
. People generally prefer spread stories of misery...just listen to talk-back radio..

I try very hard to avoid whinge-back radio, but someone in my house keeps shifting the dials back....:Pokey:

T.I.E
20th March 2006, 15:05
i have meet some cool cops out there, hey i got a ticket a hand slap, but no i am god attitude, which is what pisses me off the most.
i just ask to be spoken to in a civil manner, and ill give it back.

and to those police out there whom don't have a CHIP on there shoulder, cheers guys/gals, keep up the good work. you make it a pleasure to get a telling off and a ticket.

Madness
20th March 2006, 15:20
Yeah, you nutter, carving up cars on the mway... playing with 636s off traffic lights... you bad bad boy.

I was merely keeping you on yer toes!!!! Glad I saw ya coming thru in the mirror or ya would have embarrased me!! Nice to meet ya by the way.:Punk:

JohnR
30th March 2006, 15:37
Yeah we couldn't have this thread going all soft now could we:niceone: Mind you he was very polite, I think I was the last one he needed for his quota so he could go home:Pokey:

How many times...? :bash: It's not a quota it's a "Key Performance Indicator" :blip:

Madness
30th March 2006, 15:56
Actually the reading on his laser-gun was 138km/Hr. He asked me what speed my speedo was indicating and I replied truthfully. " I haven't looked at my speedo since last Tuesday"
:slap:

ChookThief
30th March 2006, 16:11
Of course alot of cops use the "attitude test", its not hard to pass but you need some common sense, unfortunately those that complain the most about Police probably lack the ability to pass this test.

Lou Girardin
30th March 2006, 17:00
And some of us don't need to pass the attitude test because we seldom meet cops in a professional capacity.

skidMark
30th March 2006, 18:41
sorry but...i win got let off a couple of weeks ago...on a charge of careless *cough*the wrong way round a roundabout to overtake a truck*cough* hmm i seem to have a cold.

that cop deserves a medal

did ticket me for not displaying plate or rego tho...

gave me 14 day compliance tho went in later that day to central and got it complied. means i don't have to pay

you be civil with a cop and show you have a good attitute and they might not be so hard they think your an arrogant prick and they will do you for everything if they just don't like you if you come across as a person with a good attitude thats when you get "good" discretion.

MA

Felicks
25th April 2006, 21:42
For what it's worth, roadside police are under pressure to not only issue speeding infringements as that person sees fit, a percentage is supposed to be in the 11 - 15 km range over the limit. Often the bosses have different views from thse who actually write the tickets.

A good number of General Duty cops (orange and blue) choose to use their discretion at minor to moderate levels of speeding and general driving offending. At the end of the day they are probably too busy dealing with "criminal" work rather than "traffic" work. (Just because they don't have their red and blue lights on doesn't mean they are doing nothing!) However, if you ride like an idiot past them - good luck to ya.

But highway patrols (blue and yellow) are dedicated traffic and I would say use their discretion far less.

At the end of the day, the attitude test is the most important thing you can learn - use it to your advantage.

Mental Trousers
25th April 2006, 22:01
Depends on whose opinion it's a 'bad career choice', so far I thinks it's a pretty good one - especially for the :nya: and :Pokey: factors:2thumbsup

There's a total lack of freebies involving hot chicks these days though so I say it's a bad choice.

sugilite
4th May 2006, 09:31
I hope listing his badge number on the site does not get his arse busted. We need as many good cops on the road as possible.

Quota hungry cops give me the shits.
I was towing a trailer up to AK with a race bike on it. (red flag to a bull) I was about 25 minutes out of Matamata about 2:30 am and a cop pulled out and followed me for a looooong time. We were the only traffic on the road and I knew he must be having trouble filling the quota, I think I looked at the speedo waaaay more than the road the whole time...anyways, he disappears and I wondered to myself if he was going to do the "old ambush" on me.
A fair few km's later, I went down a hill and around a corner and what do you know, he came flying around the corner to catch me doing .....85 kmh lol. I was waiting for you pal!
What I wondered was, what speed did he have to do to pull that ambush off, as I did not see his lights in my mirrors and the length of road involved, I'd say well over 160! Give your self a ticket prick. :nono:

Speedracer
6th May 2006, 20:47
I spotted a cop pull out 2 cars back. So I stuck carefully to the speed limit while the cars in front slowly got away on me. As we hit the motorway I started flashing all the oncoming cars. Anyway, after a while there was only the cop behind me - he sat about 400m behind for about 15 mins while I happly flashed away. I got a few waves, I think he must have at least spotted a bus driver waving and I noticed him slowly gaining on me. I stopped flashing and he overtook. 2 ks down the road on go the flashers and he u turns to pull someone over for speeding....

Oh well at least I didn't have to stick anywhere near 100 the rest of the way.

Edbear
6th May 2006, 21:25
Sorry , but have to tell this one. On the way back from the gym last night, daughter's fiance driving, he's 28 and spent the last 15 years in Germany, so German is his first language. Got stopped at a checkpoint. Now Rudy's a fairly typical young chap, baseball cap on backwards, Honda Ascot with wide mags, loud stereo, etc. Cop asks to see his licence, but as we'd been to the gym, Rudy had left it on the dining table, couldn't produce it, of course. Mr PC asks what licences he has, and Rudy tells him, "A full NZ licence and a full German licence, Sir!" Well, blow me down if we've not been pulled up by surely the only German speaking cop North o the Bridge! HE and Rudy chat away in German, while the cop checks the Rego and WOF, which is current, of course! Finding out Rudy's gonna be my son-in-law, the cop assures me he's a good kid! :gob:

Insanity_rules
11th May 2006, 11:10
I might have achieved a ticket for riding outside the conditions of my licence, which I did not recieve.

All in all a pleasurable experience. Go the Welly Highway Patrol, Keep it up!!:third:

What conditions you got dude. I've got usual learners but also have to have two mirrors due to my eye sight. Does anyone else have that particular condition as well?

Lou Girardin
11th May 2006, 15:27
Well, blow me down if we've not been pulled up by surely the only German speaking cop North o the Bridge!

This does not bode well.
And I won't even make cheap cracks about safety nazis.

MWVT
11th May 2006, 16:06
I had the pleasure of meeting a very nice Policeman thismorning (E796).He completely blew away my opinion of the Highway Patrol as being a bunch of tossers in blue uniforms. :scratch:

I admit I was being an idiot and entirely deserved a speeding ticket. I may not however have deserved a ticket for 120km/hr on the Welly motorway when I was actually doing 135km/hr. I might have achieved a ticket for riding outside the conditions of my licence, which I did not recieve.

Have to say, been pulled up in spaghetti twice in the last week, splitting lanes, using emergency lanes respectively, nice talk :nono: and a reasonable level of respect and i'm on my way again. :first:

Of course, the time saving aspect of commuting on a motorcycle is being seriously diluted here.

Living within a couple of hundred metres of the station means commuting alongside the police most mornings, hmmm, time saving aspect approaching zero. Recommendations??

Sycophant
19th May 2006, 14:36
I've been pulled over twice...
The first time was for an illegal right turn - It was 1am and I had just come out of a petrol station where I wasn't allowed to turn right (traffic during the day would normally make it futile) but the road was empty except for a single set of headlights a few hundred metres away. I made the turn and carried on. About 1km later the car behind me turned on his blue and reds and hit the siren, scared the bejesus out of me. I pulled over - turns out that one set of headlights was an unmarked police car. He ticketed me for the turn, and let me go - was riding without L-plate and well after my hours, and I had probably exceeded the limit at least a bit since the petrol station.

The second time was for a broken taillight (I had broken it earlier that night at a job, trying to manouver my bike into a handy spot) - I thanked him, because although I knew the lens was broken I didn't know the light was busted totally. He checked my details and let me go. Again, no L-plate and well after my hours. And, I had just finished a bourbon and coke a couple of minutes before (just one) but if he'd cared to test, I imagine it would have been fresh enough to fail the sniffer at least. That guy wasn't even a regular cop I don't think - he drove an unmarked Rodeo ute, which I now believe is the Commercial Vehicle Investigation guys.

I've never felt any need to be anything other than totally nice to cops (depspite a nearly broken nose at a protest once) and generally I think that goes a long way to helping.

SuzukiMad
19th May 2006, 23:55
You will gradually understand that there are a few coppers on this site, and you may have had the pleasure of meeting one here already...:hug:
Some police are of the same sick-twisted mentality as the rest of us here.... we ride bikes!!!:thud:
A-MEN to that (not goin god like either!):ride:

Madness
19th May 2006, 23:59
A-MEN to that (not goin god like either!):ride:

Another KB cop??

I s'pose I should say Welcome, officer.

Lord Derosso
20th May 2006, 10:20
Maximus??? You're not saying what I think you are not trying, or shouldn't be, saying are you... re 'conditions'. ?

Amazing day out here isn't it? Bit too hungover to get on the bike after ...

the hurricanes last night . !

Now just have to shaft those sheepherders ( if they dont get balled by the bulls)