PDA

View Full Version : North...

boomer
19th March 2006, 21:22
Enigma51 and I got a txt from the founder member of "Flight club" Friday letting us know there'd be a ride to mangawhai(?) heads on Sunday. Great I thought, I’ll tag along and arranged to meet MV Senna, 10am meet.. McD's @ green lane. In typical fashion I waited for the lady to arrive and we're off. Meeting 4 more at another petrol station before we finally catch up with Enigma51 10 minutes up the road.

We're 2 yami's (6undies), a Suziki looking like a hog, a triumph 955i, an alstare gixxer, a repsol blade, a repsol vfr400 and my baby 6hundie. The blade rider was just someone Enigma met on the roadside waiting for us and I’m not sure if anyone had met more than 2 others before today. A great bunch of people of different abilities but just the right ingredients for a good day!!!! :ride: :drinkup: :headbang: Thanks Jo!!!

Off we go and the first right hander, still in suburbia and the cruisers scraping his pegs!!! The next left hander which was a steady 100kph sees the cruiser.. Who’s got his lady on the back having 3 attempts at the corner before he's making his way back and forth over the white line. It’s at this stage I reckon it’s safer to be upfront. A nice easy pace up 16 and we're having some fun and people start to find there pace/place. The blade taking the lead and swapping every now and again with the VFR.

There were a couple of boy racers, one in particular in a Subaru who thinks he’s got the balls and power to 'play'.. Well his bubble was quickly burst :tugger: A smoko and a chat at the scenic look out sees some smiling faces followed shortly by some arm waving and strange dancing. We're right in the middle of a huge swarm of flying ants... so we're lids on and off we go.

A great day, a bit of rain see's us eating at Wellsford then turning back the way we came. The rain came down again and the pace dropped only to see a zx10r fly past us and pop his front wheel up.. He did this as he passed each of the 5 cars in front too. :Punk: So the skies dry up and the pace increases and somehow I fly off up front alone and manage to loose everyone and end up in hellensville before I realise I may have missed THE turn off :shifty: A phone call confirms I’m an idiot and everyone is in the pub... oh well! time to go home and have a play in the new sv8 we bought yesterday and picked up this morning... that’s a different story for another forum perhaps :Offtopic: :drinkup:

Thanks to Jo for organizing a great day and Enigma51 for being the hoon he is and the others who may :soon: sign up to kiwi biker :blip:

Motoracer
20th March 2006, 01:09
Great to hear you guys had fun!... But...

The founder member of Fight Club doesn't ride the roads leading up north... So which member are you refering to?... Am I missing something...

boomer
20th March 2006, 07:21
Flight club silly:second:

Grahameeboy
20th March 2006, 07:28
Flight club silly:second:

Nah don't youz mean 'Fright Club'........:eek5:

deathstar
20th March 2006, 07:40
Nah don't youz mean 'Fright Club'........:eek5:

I'm sure you mean "Fruit Club"

Sounds like a good ride all in all but i couldn't keep up for my life if i tried :ride:

Fishy
20th March 2006, 07:46
Nice write up Boomer, sounds like you had a good day!. :niceone:

Grahameeboy
20th March 2006, 07:54
I'm sure you mean "Fruit Club"

Sounds like a good ride all in all but i couldn't keep up for my life if i tried :ride:

Yeah....they are all nice boys I guess but I had trubz keeping up with Fishy yesterday so cannot see me getting an invite...

enigma51
20th March 2006, 17:38
Yeah was realy nice ride the leathers got a wash which is good.

Hint for those of you wanting to buy tires
Avon Vipers are great in the dry but not so nice in the wet (Not as good as the diablo was) it can be cause it have not rained for a while and the roads was greasy but it does not "bite" into standing water like the diablo's use too

There must have been some rally up north cause we caught up to a few bikers on the road one of them on a black R1. Dude or dudet you need to ride the R1 not tickle it! I do understand that it was damp but doing 70km/h is realy nursing it a bit too much! A well dont know the full story there but did look from my point like a waste.

Thanks for all those who showed up.

enigma51
20th March 2006, 17:39
You would have been able too

N4CR
20th March 2006, 19:53
Yeah saw you in that dirty cage (hey don't laugh.. I'm just borrowing my current ride), guess you are going through the typical mid-life-crisis holden thing eh... Or compensating.

boomer
20th March 2006, 20:09
Yeah saw you in that dirty cage (hey don't laugh.. I'm just borrowing my current ride), guess you are going through the typical mid-life-crisis holden thing eh... Or compensating.

i was wondering if it was you or not.. imagine me seeing a liddle one fiddy tootlin up the road and thr riders got all the gears on and racing boots; I watch for a minute and think.. ooh another rider on the street. This ones a little hesitant and it made sense i spose cos theyre on a one fiddy. Then i think, wait a minute all the gears on and racing boots that looks like Tristan.

So rather than growl on upto you i thought i'd take a sneak preview.. and voila!! its the boy on the bike :D

You like the 6 litres of V8 goodness mate? fuk i had fun in the rush hour this morning; My usuall 15minute ride into work took an hour in the cage; still i had time to relax in comfort listen to some tunes and drink coffee, text and make some work calls in the mobile office.

Man the Holdens a beast; turn traction control off and put her in power mode and the fun begins:devil2: Back to the scrootah tomorrow for me :cool: