PDA

View Full Version : Training for the 23rd! (Ride:Sunday 18th Apr)

Motoracer
17th April 2004, 14:45
Yo guys and gals, I'll be blastin somewhere tomorrow. I haven't ridden the GSXR since the last KB run. It would be good to get some riding hours in there before the trackday next week.

Would be cool to have some fast guys to keep me pushing or leave me for dead but slow peeps are just as welcome for company at the stops. :)

Two Smoker
17th April 2004, 18:02
i would come......if i had my bike back............and a bike that can keep up........and wasnt working at the farm.........:weep: man it sucks not having a bike:weep:

Oh well im going for a huge ride on thursday for practice....

Firefight
17th April 2004, 18:20
i would come......if i had my bike back............and a bike that can keep up........and wasnt working at the farm.........:weep: man it sucks not having a bike:weep:

Oh well im going for a huge ride on thursday for practice....

Where abouts are u going to ride on Thursday ??

F/F

FROSTY
17th April 2004, 19:06
sorry dude --working

Posh Tourer :P
17th April 2004, 19:28
Where abouts are u going to ride on Thursday ??

F/F

You reckon we could make it down your way FF? I'd be keen(ish - if I have not too much work to do) and hopefully I wouldnt hold up your "practice" TS...

sAsLEX
17th April 2004, 19:59
Yo guys and gals, I'll be blastin somewhere tomorrow. I haven't ridden the GSXR since the last KB run. It would be good to get some riding hours in there before the trackday next week.

Would be cool to have some fast guys to keep me pushing or leave me for dead but slow peeps are just as welcome for company at the stops. :)

Where abouts you going??

Motoracer
17th April 2004, 20:12
Where abouts you going??

I'll prolly do Kopu-Whanga-Waihi and back cause thats my fav. Thats best for practicing cornering for me I reckon.

sAsLEX
17th April 2004, 21:15

I will tag along. Did the ride round top half of coromandel today and want to do those roads again. Time and place to meet???

RiderInBlack
17th April 2004, 21:27
I'll prolly do Kopu-Whanga-Waihi and back cause thats my fav. Thats best for practicing cornering for me I reckon.
What time are you planning to head off? I might get crazy and came down from Whangarei if you are heading off after 10:30. Where would be the best meeting place for you?

Motoracer
17th April 2004, 23:28
The usual Meet up place Alex. At Evan's (bakery next to the AA center in Quay st).

Was planin on blastin @ 09:30 the latest cause of tight sechdual of other commitments after heading back. Can you make it by that time?

I'll be there from 09:00 having my breakfast.

sAsLEX
17th April 2004, 23:34
The usual Meet up place Alex. At Evan's (bakery next to the AA center in Quay st).

Was planin on blastin @ 09:30 the latest cause of tight sechdual of other commitments after heading back. Can you make it by that time?

I'll be there from 09:00 having my breakfast.

That will be sweet, probally still be a little sore from today but ..... those roads are so much fun

RiderInBlack
18th April 2004, 06:51
Na, too early for me, as I would be coming from Whangarei (2 - 2 1/2 hours to get to AK). Will see you at Puke on the 23th Motoracer.

Motoracer
18th April 2004, 19:09
As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw on the clock 9:17. Holly Fuck!! I am late!! :crazy: (nothing new there <_<) Got there at about 9:35 met up with Vladi, sAsLEX, 6Chris6 and K14.

We turned off at Manukau and headed torwards Clevdon way as K14 carried on down south (nice meeting ya dude).

In the straights before Kopu, we got saved by Vladi’s radar detector (thanx for being there man!). Filled up at kopu and had breakfast there, had a bit of a yarn.

Finally the moment I was waiting for all week. The twisites!! I set myself up nicely into racer mode (still not going racing speed but you know what I mean…) Had a blast all the way up to Waihi :ride: . Perfect weather, perfect roads, what more can a rider ask for! Had lunch in Waihi, looked at our chicken strips. Well done to Alex who has basically eliminated his ones now! (nice one man!) :2thumbsup

As we were leaving Waihi, I did my customary stoppie to show off to the ladies. Then we blasted pretty much the whole way back the same way. Through the corners it was like scraping left, right, left, right, left and so on. That’s why I compare riding to things like making love or art cause its so beautiful and the feeling you get from it is just awesome.

From the Whangamata turn off to Kopu, we tried timing our selves to see how far we were off from the so called 8 minutes record. That was such a good way to train eh! Cause usually I take a few corners and get lazy and then slow down again and so on but since I was timing my self this time, I was riding good the whole way.

I manged a 14 flat and Vladi under a minute behind and that’s with having to go through heavy as traffic. I was pretty stocked about that. Other guys were not too far behind.

Then we blasted the straights back to Hunua. Me and Vladi swaped bikes and Ohhh! I am in love with the R1!! :Punk: It fucking handles like a 600 and I thought it actually feels way lighter than mine! That was bea-uti-full! :yeah: Thanx for that bro!! I was a bit naughty and sneaked in a power stand when no one was looking (that was sooooo Awesome!!!) Of all the bikes I have ridden, R1 is probably the best for the control you get with wheelies cause of all that power.

Then after saying our “see you laters” at the last fill up, we headed back home with big grin on our faces from a Fucking awesome days riding.

Thanx a mill for coming along guys, you guys made the day that much better with the chats at the stops. We’ll see you at the next one then. :)

P.S. Alex, you are getting really good man, you have improved shit loads. Chris, you were getting faster and faster the whole time, it was amazing! Your chicken strips were getting very tiny by the end of the day as well :niceone: . Vladi man, I so loved the R1 vs GSXR thing we had going.

6Chris6
18th April 2004, 19:12
Thankyou Motoracer, Vladi and Saslex.
This was another great ride AND NO BINS or any mishaps whatsoever actually.
Great ride, great company
Cheers
Chris :2thumbsup

Motoracer
18th April 2004, 19:17
Na, too early for me, as I would be coming from Whangarei (2 - 2 1/2 hours to get to AK). Will see you at Puke on the 23th Motoracer.

Yea, see you at the track man! Are you going to be riding on the track? :)

I just wish that tomorrow was the track day cause I am all hyped up from today's ride now :doobey:

sAsLEX
18th April 2004, 19:37
Another great day in coromandel, great roads great company and nice bikes, shame about the cars though. :Police: were about, but avoided.

Tired after two days soild riding, keep post short

RiderInBlack
19th April 2004, 07:42
Yea, see you at the track man! Are you going to be riding on the track? :)

I just wish that tomorrow was the track day cause I am all hyped up from today's ride now :doobey:
Fucken Oaths:2thumbsup Will have to raid the visa:doh: for some new tyres but (time for some Diablos:2thumbsup ).