PDA

View Full Version : 03/04 Suzuki intruder 800

Jackrat
17th April 2004, 19:59
Sounds like a sex aid but it's not really.
Me father inlaw just bought this bike with 3500kms on the clock.
Shaft drive,water cooled,Key on the right side of stearing head?????
A quick walk around and the finish is quite nice, Dark green an blue with a fine metal flake thu' out.Big every thing,low seat hight,super wide bars,foward controls,the real deal Harley clone.Plastic bits everywhere,most of the body work and chrome bits are plastic.Makes it very light for what it is but.On the move it,s ultra smooth,has the same type of power as my own bike but a little slower on the take off.Has a higher top end than my bike but the wide bars make it pretty uncomfortable much past 120kms.Good brakes for this kind of bike but don,t like the twisty stuff much.Well it is a cruiser I guess.Could sit on this bike all day at 110kms on the open road but again it didn't like the twistys,mainly the soft suspension leting it down.It really let you know it wasn't made for that kind of thing.I took it down Hw22 and back.Once I learnt to stop trying to scratch it and got into sightseeing cruise mode it was a very nice ride.Even though it looks big at first,anybody could ride it as it's very easy to ride.The father inlaw is in his mid fiftys an hasn,t owned a bike for twenty years.He's going to like this bike a lot.After I got home I was a bit confused because I kind of liked it myself,So I jumped on the XS an went for a thrash up the Awhitu rd.Yep still prefer the old girl even if she is getting on a bit.
Intruder,I still reckon it sounds like some kind of sex toy but,,,,,, <_< :)

moko
17th April 2004, 22:50
.On the move it,s ultra smooth,

Thought you said it was a Harley clone Jackrat,try pulling off one of the plug caps for that genuine Harley smoothness/performance.

Motu
17th April 2004, 22:51
Bloody cruisers - it's embarassing,I enjoy slaging off at them....but they are a damn good ride,do better than they look,comfy and smooth.I like Suzy Vtwins - did it have front exhaust ports?

Jackrat
17th April 2004, 22:59
Bloody cruisers - it's embarassing,I enjoy slaging off at them....but they are a damn good ride,do better than they look,comfy and smooth.I like Suzy Vtwins - did it have front exhaust ports?

I'll have a look tomorrow an get back to you. :doh:

pete376403
17th April 2004, 23:24
Is this the same as a Suzuki Volusia? My brother was all keen on getting a Volusia in the US and bringing it back. Is the Vol sold here?

Jackrat
17th April 2004, 23:46
Is this the same as a Suzuki Volusia? My brother was all keen on getting a Volusia in the US and bringing it back. Is the Vol sold here?
Yep that's what it is.
I just couldn't work out how to spell Volusia. :doh:
The bike was bought new here.

moko
18th April 2004, 03:37
We have the Volusia now,used to be the Intruder,best looking one of the lot was the Marauder that was sold in between,mean styling with flat drag bars on risers.Never had a cruiser,quite like the bigger ones but Brit weather isnt kind to all that shiny metal.Despite that the sales in that sector are going up rapidly,600 Dragstar`s biggest seller.

Hitcher
18th April 2004, 15:44
Mrs H rides a VZ800K3 Marauder. Damn fine ride it is too! Better looking than the Intruder or Volusia, whose styling is starting to get a bit tired...

Jackrat
18th April 2004, 20:59

Yes the front pipe comes out the front of the cylinder.