PDA

View Full Version : How to get a Limited License! for under $400.00

kickingzebra
20th March 2006, 21:51
referring to pyrocam's thread as below...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=26540

Sorry, I can't help but use the story to illustrate, but reading it should roughly tell you how to go about applying for, and generally getting a limited license.
To start:
You don't actually lose your license until they serve you notice to that effect.

Potentially, they may be able to serve this on the side of the road, immediately after the event, If anyone knows the story regarding this, please post it here, or PM me, and I will.

As far as getting a limited license goes, It needn't cost $1500 or $5000 in lawyers fees! (cost me $300)

If it is your first loss of license, and you have a relatively clean driving record/criminal record there is a VERY good chance you can get a limited license.

Two years ago I lost my license on demerit points. 3 Month suspension.
It took them 4 months to get to me, LTSA lady served the license suspension letter, at my home. I had to make a time to be there, as she had tried 3 times, and after that it was to be referred to the police (implications of warrants and being stranded at the side of the road).

Point 1) Be available, if it has happened and don't shoot the messanger.

N.B If you are fortunate enough to clock up over 100 demerit points within two years, you will lose your license. Contrary to popular belief, The fines don't go away magically, BUT, it doesn't become a suspension until they serve you with the notice.

You may be able to control when they serve the notice on you somewhat by paying the fine earlier or later, but you cannot simply rock up to the Police station, and surrender your license to begin the 3 months as soon as possible, I know, I tried that!!

I was working a sales/estimating job at the time, and living 100 odd km away from where I worked.

the Law roughly states "A limited license may be granted where the loss of license is likely to cause, and I quote, "undue hardship to you OR someone whom your are responsible for" This is not neccesarily just for work purposes. If your Home situation is such, then that is equal a reason, EG my kids will not be able to participate in extra curricular events etc.

My Boss was sympathetic, and hence was prepared to write an affidavit, basically saying If he cannot drive, he has no job anymore.

I hunted around for a long time, trying to find out what the story was, the cheapest I could find a laywer to do the mulework for was $800.00
That was too much for me at the time, so with a LOT of running around, and phone calls, I learned that the person with the most power is the court REGISTRAR!!

Phone this person, and ask them for the form for application for limited license. If they tell you it doesn't exist, ask who can help you, if they say you'll have to phone a lawyer, they are lieing (or having a really bad day!) The form is there within easy reach of them, but it pays to establish its existance on the phone first with one person, remember their name, and go in and pick up the form from that person.

There is nothing to prevent you doing this, and preparing as soon as you realise the magic 100 demerit points have been reached, yet before they actually serve notice of such on you.

The form walks you through the process. Assuming you have a letter/affidavit from your Boss, or can (honestly) say I am a self employed salesman, I am a contract pizza delivery boy, I regularly have to drive across town at irregular hours for work reasons, and will lose my job if I cannot, Or, my wife depends on me to drive her to work in the coal mines as she is 12 months pregnant etc etc, my child has rhuematic arthritis, and I have to drive her to the shop to buy candy and any of these reasons will produce undue hardship for you, or the person you are responsible for (Grandparents, fostor children, children, family etc)

It helps if you can produce documentation to prove this, The more (letterheaded, official looking) documentation you can produce, the more genuine and well thought out your application looks.

So you fill out the form to the best of your ability (neatly!!) I suggest you take a photocopy of the form (and post it on here, sorry, I lost mine) before you write on it, so if you screw it up, you can start from scratch and not look like a plonker.

The form covers what hours and days you need to be able to drive in, what vehicles you will be driving in and what areas you will be driving in. The penalties for breaching conditions are $800 per breach, and the possibility of imprisonment/ much larger fines.

I suggest putting several vehicles in there, as if one needs to be serviced/is out of commission, you are breaking the terms of your license by driving anything else.
Private and Company cars should be included, and I can't see any reason why a motorcycle would see your application treated any differently (perhaps leave out the fact that it can go 0 to 100 in 3 odd seconds...)

The area you will be driving in could be quite expansive, for me it was simple, I lived in Snells Beach, work office was in Henderson, and I was travelling as far south as the Bombay Hills from East coast to West coast. This became my desgnated driving area.

If you are a truck driver, you could quite rightly say the length and breadth of the North Island etc, but I suggest not pushing your luck.

I was generous on the hours I would be driving, basically saying I would leave Snells at 5am, and possibly not Return until 9pm. It did actually work out that way a few times.

Assuming all of your documentation matches up, and you can produce everything required in the form, then you go and visit the courthouse, pay a lodging fee ($300 when I did it in 2003) Hand over the paperwork (KEEP YOUR OWN COPIES!!) and then you will be given a court date. With me, this was two days later, so it wasn't a super long wait.

The court day comes, and you have to sit in open court for as long as it takes for them to get to your application, simply put, if you miss the reading of your name, there is going to be no show of getting the limited license, so don't miss it.
Dress up nicely ish, act subservient and sorry, and wait the day out, while all of the gang members and druggies are going through getting done for their things (and yet being strangely peaceable outside of the court?!?).

If you are genuine, and don't come across as a hardass (and the offences causing loss of license can be viewed as minimal, IE not drink driving repeat convictions) Then likely as not, when your file comes to the top of the pile, the judge will stand you up...

Point 2) Not in the Dock, as it is not a criminal matter!!

This may vary depending on who is running the courtroom that day, but I went to walk up to the dock, and was told by the Judge, stand where you are son, this is not a criminal matter.

He will read the facts of the application, a little of your history in losing said license, perhaps question you very slightly on the details of your application (have your copy at hand) and then he will tell you your application is granted, and perhaps outline the conditions under which it is to be granted, and tell you to take more care with your speed from now on.

As pointed out Below, the conditions you are now allowed to operate a motor vehicle under have been imposed by the Court, so any deviation from said conditions, if apprenhended, will become a criminal matter. This typically means nasty things like Prison, and Trial, and lawyers fees. (not neccesarily in that order)

Rubber stamp having been gained, you go and wait for the registrar to type up conditions etc, or if they are too busy, they will post these to you. This documentation procured, you go down to your nearest Driver Licensing Agency, present the paperwork, explain yourself to the person on the desk, pay about 60 bucks if I recall rightly for them to retest your eyes, take a photo, and write you out a temporary limited license.

The biggest pain in the ass, is you have to carry all court documentation with you whenever driving, (I recommend a zip lock folder or something like that in the glove box) and you must keep a log book of every single kilometre travelled.

That is pretty much Time, start point, destination, kilometres there. This will have to be produced if you are ever pulled up, and though I doubt the Officer would follow the maths of kilometres too closely, It pays to keep it right up to date, as if you don't, as above, you are risking criminal prosecution, and loss of limited license, with further disqualification for 6 months, and presumably, the court then has a lot of discretion as to how to punish you more.

All this having happened, you are free to drive again, and if you can see a reason for work to be done, and it fits within the conditions, then (assuming you are following the other road rules) you are safe and free to drive at will.

Don't do anything silly like (getting caught) breaking the speed limit again, during this time, as that is pretty much instant revocation of Limited License. (and grounds for criminal prosecution)

If you have read this far, congratulations!! Sorry for the drivel, but I know not other ways to speak!

If you are a lawyer, and are slightly annoyed that I am putting others off your business, Sorry, but I couldn't afford the $800 (Hell $360 was a step of faith!!) and I don't doubt there are others in the same predicament.

If you are doubly interested, and wish to correct me on any finer points of law, or jargon, or presentation, I will gladly amend this post. PM me if you want any more details, or I can help out any way.

Hope this helps and enlightens,

Point 3)The Machine is arbitrary, without heart or emotions, you just have to learn to work within it.

Cheers

JD

Madness
20th March 2006, 22:16
The system is there for all to use. It's often a case of getting information from a system not designed for user-friendlyness.

Kind of makes a farce of it all at the end of the day. Still, It keeps the economy ticking over

Streetwise
20th March 2006, 22:30
Bugger sounds like alot of work, I might just slow down and keep my licence, Cheers for the insight.

Sparky Bills
20th March 2006, 22:35
Couldnt have put it better myself.
Im actually going through all that now.

pyrocam
20th March 2006, 22:50
Thanks kickingzebra.

marty
21st March 2006, 05:15
yeah well written. there are some new rules out as to how you can be served the letter (ie on the roadside). i'm not sure on them though - someone more current than me will know.

marty
21st March 2006, 12:08
and your vehicle is impounded...

Phurrball
21st March 2006, 12:39
(snip)licence conditions set by the court ie no log book, wrong vehicle, outside your area etc, it is not an $800 fine! You are charged with Failing to comply with limited licence conditions. The penalty for this is exactly the same as driving while disqualified, as in effect you are. MINIMUM is 6 months disqualification and no opportunity for a further limited licence. The penalties are huuuge. (My underlining)

If I recall my criminal law lectures correctly, you've hit the nail on the head as to why the penalties are so huge SM - you are breaching instructions of the court, as opposed to breaking the conditions of an ordinary licence which is issued by a government agency - high premium placed on obeying the court y'see.

Good advice kickingzebra - there are other things you can do without a lawyer, but oftentimes a lawyer is the quickest, easiest way of doing things - and it depends how much you value your own time...

kickingzebra
21st March 2006, 13:12
Thanks guys for the input, I'll amend the post accordingly tonight. To be fair, if the same thing were to happen to me today, I would quite possibly use a lawyer now too, but I have this nagging suspicion that Law should be available to all, not just those with the money and or know how, which is why I would want people to know they can do some of these things themselves.

So if it comes down to saving 600 bucks for the sheer hell of it, then the bother I had to go through is hardly worth it, but if your need is genuine, then it can be done for less, at the cost of time.

Speedmedic and Phurball, you are right in what you say about breaking the conditions, I do recall the fine listed in my conditions, but the point is, yes, it does become a criminal matter if you push the envelope of said conditions and are caught. Much simpler to humble thyself, accept the speed limit, the time limit, the no passenger limit, and so on, wait out your three or six months, and go back to being a good citizen.

Swoop
21st March 2006, 17:32
What a darned excellent thread! Very informative.
Perhaps there should be a sticky on "the laws of the land"? Spank?

Kornholio
21st March 2006, 18:32
Wicked Im actually going through the same thing thing myself... but as I have 3 DIC's, 2 careless driving charges and 1 dangerous speed and failing to stop I have opted for teh lawyer version( I think he has a better chance than me on this one )

kickingzebra
23rd March 2006, 18:10
Wicked Im actually going through the same thing thing myself... but as I have 3 DIC's, 2 careless driving charges and 1 dangerous speed and failing to stop I have opted for teh lawyer version( I think he has a better chance than me on this one )

Umm, Fair enough methinks.... Hope he's a grunty lawyer...

Tell me you still don't drink and ride?!?

kev4eva
27th March 2006, 17:07
Sh#t, i only got like 30 demerit points left.... and the cops are out to get me:Police:

mdb
27th March 2006, 21:11
This may be a dumb question ... but if you have your bike and car license are they considered the same thing? I.e. if I get enough demerit points on my bike license does this mean I lose my car license as well?

kickingzebra
27th March 2006, 21:13
Your license is one "item" and the different classes on it, eg car truck, taxi, Bike, are all included. Lose one, lose them all, if it is demerit points, they are just suspended, if you lose it for more than 6 months, you have to resit tests, as I recall.

pyrocam
27th March 2006, 23:40
This may be a dumb question ... but if you have your bike and car license are they considered the same thing? I.e. if I get enough demerit points on my bike license does this mean I lose my car license as well?

yes I called up and asked. if you loose your license whilst riding a motorbike you loose everything

mdb
28th March 2006, 09:03
Hmmm, maybe a British license is going to be useful :msn-wink:

The Pastor
19th October 2006, 14:30
what happens if you get caught speeding on ur limited licenec but your not in any other breach of your conditions?

kickingzebra
19th October 2006, 14:58
Don't try. would be pushing shit uphill with a straw to try and get another once that one is revoked.

tonys
10th April 2007, 06:35
Well, the first 50 demerits were put on my licence mid May 05, so I'm definitely up for a 3 month ban. Since I live way out west and work in town, should be ok to get a limited licence, had a read of the this thread , looks fairly straightforward, does anyone know if the LL can be arranged before being served with the suspension?

Grahameeboy
10th April 2007, 06:58
I only paid a Court fee of $150 plus the $40 or so to AA for the limited licence.

Yes it is easy to do and is not that difficult to do. There is a Website that gives you case study's and all I did was re-hash the format to produce the Court Papers.

Grahameeboy
10th April 2007, 07:01
Well, the first 50 demerits were put on my licence mid May 05, so I'm definitely up for a 3 month ban. Since I live way out west and work in town, should be ok to get a limited licence, had a read of the this thread , looks fairly straightforward, does anyone know if the LL can be arranged before being served with the suspension?

Yep what you do is get all the Court Papers drafted, approved by Police (very important to do this) tell the the guy who calls you to collect your licence that you are applying for a LL and then arrange for him to collect your licence on the day of the Court Hearing to hear your application so there is no gap between the two. He has a month to collect your licence so they are flexible.

If you need any advice pm me or call 027 664 3702.

marty
10th April 2007, 07:03

no. you must be suspended first. nothing to stop you filing the same day though - having everything ready.

Indiana_Jones
10th April 2007, 19:56
I have 3 DIC's, 2 careless driving charges and 1 dangerous speed and failing to stop

Are you for real? :shit:

-Indy

kickingzebra
10th April 2007, 20:12
this thread still lives!! excellent!

R6_kid
10th April 2007, 20:13
Are you for real? :shit:

-Indy

he is kornholio... so in short "yes he is for real"

Kornholio
10th April 2007, 22:39
this thread still lives!! excellent!

Bah i thought it died a horrible death .... :mellow:

ynot slow
23rd April 2007, 18:26
i lost my licence in 2000,had to wait for a month after court hearing before applying for licence.so i had my ltd licence for 5 months,had to get boss to write saying my position was in jeopardy(not really if push came to shove),i kept a notebook with court docs in and never had any probs.cost me $650 for ltd licence, plus $950 for court fine so expensive night out.my nice lawyer helped mind you he had me by the balls as was going through divorce as well,he was ratshit at that though.by the way when your insurance is due for renewall you need to tell them about the loss of licence/disqualification as it's construed as criminal offence as it would entail court hearing,i think it's ok after 5 years have gone,i still let them know i've had disqualification though.

moT
22nd May 2007, 15:46
what if you get caught twice driveing while disqualified go to the first apperence get the limited licence then go to the second case and get disqualified again does it revoke the licence? and how hard wld it be to get if your caught driving while disqualified twice, failing to stop for red blue lights twice, rekless driving and rideing motoorcycle at dangerous speed and exceeding 100kph but i need the bike to travel to tech and im sick of rideing illegaly and my mates have to go out of there way to drop me off all of those driving charges are form ages ago except the 2 driving whilst disqualified the only reason i rode was to get to tech if i had this it wld be better

kickingzebra
23rd May 2007, 08:22
Pretty hard. you are delving in the realm of criminal offenses. EG, no more tickets, staight to jail, do not pass go.

If you get suspended, better to not drive until they have signed off the paperwork saying you can.

Patrick
27th May 2007, 11:57
what if you get caught twice driveing while disqualified go to the first apperence get the limited licence then go to the second case and get disqualified again does it revoke the licence? and how hard wld it be to get if your caught driving while disqualified twice, failing to stop for red blue lights twice, rekless driving and rideing motoorcycle at dangerous speed and exceeding 100kph but i need the bike to travel to tech and im sick of rideing illegaly and my mates have to go out of there way to drop me off all of those driving charges are form ages ago except the 2 driving whilst disqualified the only reason i rode was to get to tech if i had this it wld be better

But hard to do all this when "BUBBA" is sweating behind ya...

craigs288
7th June 2007, 17:34
I learned that the person with the most power is the court REGISTRAR!!

Phone this person, and ask them for the form for application for limited license. If they tell you it doesn't exist, ask who can help you, if they say you'll have to phone a lawyer, they are lieing (or having a really bad day!) The form is there within easy reach of them, but it pays to establish its existance on the phone first with one person, remember their name, and go in and pick up the form from that person.
JD

Just be careful of the liars (or ignorant people) that may be at work on the day you go in to do this.
I was told by the Baycorp representative who came with the paperwork for me to sign on the day I became officially unlicenced, that you can go in and ask for the paperwork. I was told the same by a lawyer.

But when I went in and asked, the (un)helpful clerk at the desk told me in no uncertain terms that no such for existed. I said that surely that she was mistaken because why would two independent people who stand to make nothing from telling me this, lie to me. Unless they were both equally and exactly confused about the same thing (unlikely).
The unhelpful clerk repeated the lie (or ignorance) and handed me a card for a lawyer (no doubt a work colleague of hers).
Funnily enough, on the day I was in court, I spied that attached to my paperwork was the form I had asked for.
Funnily enough, the form must exist, otherwise how would anybody be able to apply for a limited licence in the first place.
However I didn't feel it would be in my best interest to interrupt the judge and ask why someone who works in the court and is paid wages with my taxes would want to lie to me and say that the form the judge was holding doesn't actually exist.
I also couldn't see a way to get hold of it and go and shove it in the face of the lying bitch who works at level 1 of the auckland district court.

If you ever have to go through this, be very careful of the liars employed by our government. They will end up costing you money. You will probably end up giving it to their friends, the lawyers. Nice little scheme they got going there.

Gremlin
6th March 2008, 15:10
It appears that the process might have changed, from what a lady told me at the Manukau District Court. (asking for the Court Registrar got me "which department" :mellow:)

Apparently there are no forms, but its a 3 stage process (she even said several people will take my money :rolleyes:) of an application, an affidavit (statement of facts, why I lost license, why I need the limited license etc) and a draft order (times I need to travel, area of travel, log book etc).

Anyone got a sample I could learn from? btw, she also mentioned the application fee is $150... unless several people "will take my money" $150 times over... the cost maaaay have dropped.

I hate courts, they have you by the balls, and they know it :crybaby:

kickingzebra
9th March 2008, 20:37
Brilliant, nice to know.. got a nasty letter saying I am on 60 demerits and I better watch myself, LOL

Yeah, I have talked to a lot of people who have asked and been told it doesn't exist, What can I say, stupid people, beaurocracy and low unemployment. Bad mix.

Gremlin
10th March 2008, 00:00
anyone knoooow....

been a couple of weeks at least since I paid, they'll be chasing me soon, and I really need to get it organised so I don't get it ripped out of my hands on the spot :buggerd:

pyrocam
10th March 2008, 07:47
anyone knoooow....

been a couple of weeks at least since I paid, they'll be chasing me soon, and I really need to get it organised so I don't get it ripped out of my hands on the spot :buggerd:

this may have changed as well but afaik you cant apply until its been removed from you. they send a person three times to your abode but if the cops stop you for anything they can remove it on the spot.
but your not suspended until that point

avgas
10th March 2008, 08:01
And here is was thinking the law was for criminals
FYI they can serve notice on you at anytime. I have given a mate a lift home after the radio stated to an officer that he 95+todays collection of points. 100+ points and your out.

Gremlin
14th April 2008, 19:45
Well, having gone through the process myself now (ie, today) and coming out the other side still able to work, I guess I should note down my experience to help others.

First, meet your bible: Guide to applying for a limited licence (http://www.communitylaw.org.nz/fileadmin/documents/a_guide_to_applying_for_a_limited_licence..pdf). Now, instead of thanking me, thank Grahameeboy, as he was the one that provided it, not me.

Second, I've attached some template files (mmm can't upload .dot files, so they are .doc, you can change it back if you wish), mostly based on the pdf above, but hell, saves you typing it again - obviously you may need to alter it to your requirements, but its a starting point.

Third, my experiences (assuming all tips from document):

Do your best to gain the approval of the local prosecution services. Do this by asking the local plod shop for prosecution in your city/town. Find out how best to communicate (voice/in person can work wonders, if you can work your charm). They generally like post/drop off to main cop shop, fax for quick stuff, and may not check email much.
If you can come to an agreement with the cops, it turns court into pretty much a formality, as the police do not oppose your application. If they oppose your application, you're at the mercy of the judge, mine seemed a really good bloke, but it was rather entertaining to watch him rip into various people as he saw fit, and people be fantastically nice back :pinch:
Be nice to the desk people, they aren't making decisions, but they can make your life hell or a pleasure depending on how you behave to them. Its a stressful time (understatement) but they shouldn't be blamed. Niceties go a long way
My judge was quite amazed by my application, calling it comprehensive, and whether I had paid for the documentation, and where I had got it from. So, put in the hard yards, provide as much support documentation as possible. Also, you either speak for yourself, or have a lawyer... my dad seemed unable to speak on my behalf, with the judge saying something like, he didn't have a voice.
I was applying on the basis of "undue hardship" to my employer. I travel around the city 7 days a week, with long hours sorting issues. On this example, the police received copies of letters from some clients, stating their position on their requirements from us, my calendar from the last 6 weeks, affidavits from my boss and I (affidavit means he didn't have to show in court, and his statement had to be affirmed over a bible etc) and a map detailing the area I needed, with all locations I had to go to marked on it
They completely dislike 24 hour licenses, as then its not limiting, I was pushing shit up hill to get prosecution to consider 15 hour days, and cut it to 6 days a week, with two specific sundays (specific work)
Remember... they always look from the angle of you needing to be punished, while not punishing others... the limited license isn't a game
Do it right, and if you don't use a lawyer, you'll walk out with your order for LTNZ (ie, you take it to an LTNZ agent to get a limited license) and the whole process inc. app for limited license at AA will cost you less than $200 (court filing fee of $150 and $46.50 for AA)
Don't forget your damn proof of identity and address when you go to AA. You don't have a license to flash... nasty catch 22 that got me.:crybaby:

On the whole tho... I have an obvious statement... don't lose it in the first place... The time and stress trying to juggle it with work really got to me for a couple of weeks, and I still have to carry a log book of every trip, but on the bright side, I can do my work :niceone:

edit: If you have questions, ask away, its always in your best interest to know exactly how things work, to do things effectively.

kickingzebra
15th April 2008, 10:55
excellent! Fresh info!!
Chur bro, glad you got it sussed,
Yeah the best option seems to be to go faster than the eye can catch, or of course to not do anything stupid in public places in the first place.

Thanks for adding those docs and links to this thread!

Leagle Beagle
28th April 2008, 14:23
Great thread, accurate and useful information on how to do it yourself.
However as some comments have indicated it can be time consuming and sometimes painful! If you don't want to do it yourself and need some help, call us, we offer the best rates for Limited Licence Applications around. $620.00 plus GST plus court filing fee of $150.00 = total $850
Call us free, no obligation on 0508 LICENCE - we ride too!

Grahameeboy
28th April 2008, 14:36
However as some comments have indicated it can be time consuming and sometimes painful! If you don't want to do it yourself and need some help, call us, we offer the best rates for Limited Licence Applications around. $620.00 plus GST plus court filing fee of $150.00 = total $850

Or better still pay $150 Court Fee = Total $150 inc of GST.

Use the difference to pay the ticket fine.

Using the site details I gave Gremlin it was not painful or very time consuming, no more time than spending with your Lawyer.

Better still I will help you for nothing...

You use the example templates.
Take to Police Prosecution - once they agree the Court are unlikely to refuse.
File
Go to Court
Hey presto.

soniczx6r
1st May 2008, 20:12
sweet all info just lost d/l three mths need d/l for work so all info has helped have to wait 28 days before apply ta for info saves a few ph calls and being put on hold by the man :headbang:

Rotorwarrior
3rd March 2009, 14:26
:Punk: New to the site and just read this (been there done that), best service I found was at www.lawyerhelp.co.nz Melanie Coxon in Auckland - Kingston Street opposite the Auckland District Court. Melanies assistant is also a bike enthusiast and will do as much as possible as fast as possible! She goes out of her way to help and is by far the cheapest. Two mates who went to her had work licences in record time - check her website out - easy and fast - just like my CRF450R!!!!!

Tank
3rd March 2009, 14:31
:Punk: New to the site and just read this (been there done that), best service I found was at www.lawyerhelp.co.nz Melanie Coxon in Auckland - Kingston Street opposite the Auckland District Court. Melanies assistant is also a bike enthusiast and will do as much as possible as fast as possible! She goes out of her way to help and is by far the cheapest. Two mates who went to her had work licences in record time - check her website out - easy and fast - just like my CRF450R!!!!!

Call me cynical - but any time I see a new poster recommending certain companies with links etc it always seems to me that its someone in that business trolling for business.

Especially when their very first post is nothing to do with any current thread but a 10 month thread dredge.

(In fairness if someone who does limited licences wanted to find a place to look for customers KB has got to be one of the best places in NZ).

Rotorwarrior
3rd March 2009, 14:39
Tank,

You right. I am a long time member of the www.fishing.net.nz forum and I suppose that is a lesson I should have carried forward as a new comer on this site. We're always just used to sharing useful info that works and I guess I should have realised the protocols...ooops. Not intended as an advert for either the lawyer - or fishing.net.nz (New Zealands No1 fishing website!!). Hope you see the humour - and cheers for pointing that out. I refer a couple of people to your site - it always comes up when someone gets done and they start looking for help.

All good!!:doh:

Rotorwarrior
8th March 2009, 10:01
Hey Tank - Guess you saw the news - 82 drivers caught on Northshore this weekend alone. Best advice to anyone - simply - don't!!!! It's just not worth all the BS you have to go through.

Did you know that if you are a resident of New Zealand here on a visa or permit and intend applying for NZ citizenship, you will have to wait a further 5 years from the date of your conviction before you can even apply for Citizenship - It's just not worth it.

Mully
10th March 2009, 13:11
Call me cynical - *SNIP*

Tank,
You right. I am a long time member of *snip*

He said to call him Cynical, not Tank.

kickingzebra
21st March 2009, 23:04
free market man... But when I found myself there< and amount of money was more than I had, hell, if it happened now, I would try and leave the country for 3 months...

Taz
22nd March 2009, 07:35
Umm, Fair enough methinks.... Hope he's a grunty lawyer...

Tell me you still don't drink and ride?!?

Didn't learn the lesson after the first 2 times did he.....................

Morcs
16th April 2009, 12:12

These guys recently helped me obtain a limited license. Extremely helpful, and my parts in it were minimal and very simple.
Highly recommended.
PM me for any questions.