PDA

View Full Version : Derestricting a Hyosung

rjwoodie
20th March 2006, 23:14
hey ya all. can some one please tell me how to derestrict my hyosung sf50 fast?? racing?? or prima? please. any help or ideas would be greatly welcome. iv thought about adding nos for "push button instant wheelies at the lights" but that just dont do it for me lol.
any help would be awesome. cheers people.

kickingzebra
20th March 2006, 23:29
OK, the first thing you need to do is embark on a serious lightening programme, up the power to weight ratio,
Take off all the plastic fairings etc, unneccesary, must be 5 or 10 kg in there,

Then, look at your handle bars. There is a load of unnecceasry weight, so think about jettisoning those. The seat is full of heavy foam padding, so bin that, Total loss is the way to go, so out with the battery.

Everyone knows automatic transmissions are way too bloody heavy, so remove that.

Tyre pressures are important, so pump both tyres up to 1500 KPA, remove the springs from the suspension, Take out the Key and barrel, and starter mechanism. Wiring loom contains a lot of crap, so bin the OEM loom, take the lights and indicators off, then start filing down all of the subframe.

Assuming the subframe weighs about 20 KG, when you are done filing, you should have removed about 42 pounds of metal filings.

Take the parts left to the tuning shop, just ask the local wrecker, it'll be out the back of his shop, then go next door to the bike shop, buy yourself a TL1000 (wheelie bike of the century, last century) and hey presto, Power!!!
:msn-wink: :bleh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry Bro, I couldn't resist the urge, If you are dead keen it sounds like Texmo is the guy to talk to about scooter racing, he should be able to hook you up!

blitz
21st March 2006, 08:40
Do a search on google. I think its the black wire you cut on these big gutless scooters. I had one of these scooter for 3 days then sold it for a $500 profit. Haha.

Go for any SJ50. You can grab a second hand 2005 model for about $1000 on trademe if your quick.

skidMark
21st March 2006, 08:48
OK, the first thing you need to do is embark on a serious lightening programme, up the power to weight ratio,
Take off all the plastic fairings etc, unneccesary, must be 5 or 10 kg in there,

Then, look at your handle bars. There is a load of unnecceasry weight, so think about jettisoning those. The seat is full of heavy foam padding, so bin that, Total loss is the way to go, so out with the battery.

Everyone knows automatic transmissions are way too bloody heavy, so remove that.

Tyre pressures are important, so pump both tyres up to 1500 KPA, remove the springs from the suspension, Take out the Key and barrel, and starter mechanism. Wiring loom contains a lot of crap, so bin the OEM loom, take the lights and indicators off, then start filing down all of the subframe.

Assuming the subframe weighs about 20 KG, when you are done filing, you should have removed about 42 pounds of metal filings.

Take the parts left to the tuning shop, just ask the local wrecker, it'll be out the back of his shop, then go next door to the bike shop, buy yourself a TL1000 (wheelie bike of the century, last century) and hey presto, Power!!!
:msn-wink: :bleh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry Bro, I couldn't resist the urge, If you are dead keen it sounds like Texmo is the guy to talk to about scooter racing, he should be able to hook you up!

you forgot removing your legs adding hand controls....now theres a way to save weight.....hang on a it's a scooter..it already has all hand controls...come here ill get out the hacksaw?

texmo
21st March 2006, 10:56
Take it to a scooter shop pay $50 to have it derestricted, save your self the time and hassel.

rjwoodie
21st March 2006, 21:58
hey ya all. yeah iv already had the little round ring taken out of the v drive and that has made it go a bit faster. i can get nearly 60k out of it on the flat. now iv been told that there is something electronic that you can do to them to get more speed out of them. does any one no of this??

blitz
22nd March 2006, 22:38
Do a search on google. I think its the black wire you cut on these big gutless scooters. I had one of these scooter for 3 days then sold it for a $500 profit. Haha.

Go for any SJ50. You can grab a second hand 2005 model for about $1000 on trademe if your quick.

As i mentioned before, do a search on google as i think these Scooters are sold in the US aswell.

I just found this link after 5 seconds of searching: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TwistnGoScoot/message/16618?viscount=100

Im sure that forum will be able to help you.

rjwoodie
23rd March 2006, 12:24
yeah cheers for that mate. il look into it and see what i can come up with . thanks heaps.

enigma51
23rd March 2006, 12:29
yeah cheers for that mate. il look into it and see what i can come up with . thanks heaps.

Take it to the shop like texmo said

evan_is_the_man
25th April 2006, 23:01

haha yeh i had this peice of shit honda pal (50cc), brought for $225 sold for $760. i saw them coming haha.

Smorg
26th April 2006, 16:32
ever considered going over 50cc