PDA

View Full Version : k2 GSXR 600, Crap Idling

kickingzebra
21st March 2006, 21:28
Just wondering if there is anyone in Hamilton with a particular bent towards, or understanding of GSXRs, could spare a bit of time to help me out with my new Telefonica 600??

I have the workshop manuals etc, but it is just a bit more high tech than NSR 250, or the zzr, and I am a tad scared of playing too much (shame on me!! I know!!)

When I got it, last week, first day out riding it came up with a c28 error, one of the magnets on the STPS had come off its spline. Jonno at road and sport worked overtime to get it back on the road for me in time for the toy run, hence, now it is running, but with a real bad idle. Apparently the TPS and STPS need to be reset, and it needs a general tune. It also occasionally flashes up a c48 error, and doesn't prime when I turn the key on. I should be able to cope with that one, it is just the TPS and STPS setup.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty, and playing with it, I have most tools etc, (notable exception of a paddock stand) but I just want a bit of help from someone who knows the engine and can physically walk me through it.

I offer payment of much free coffee and beer and muffins if you fit the criteria, and of course help with anything reciprocal I can do for you, but sorry, I can't pay big heaps of cash money (the emergency effort from Road and Sport cleaned me out.)

Big big big thanks to Jonno at Road and Sport, putting up with me worrying about the bike, and pestering with "ïs it ready yet" calls, and taking the time to explain a few bits of the problem to me. That guy is truely passionate about his job!

(if you are on here Jonno, I owe you Green Bling!!)

If you can help me, please PM or email, or send smoke signals...

Cheers

JD

Pussy
21st March 2006, 21:57
Just wondering if there is anyone in Hamilton with a particular bent towards, or understanding of GSXRs, could spare a bit of time to help me out with my new Telefonica 600??

I have the workshop manuals etc, but it is just a bit more high tech than NSR 250, or the zzr, and I am a tad scared of playing too much (shame on me!! I know!!)

When I got it, last week, first day out riding it came up with a c28 error, one of the magnets on the STPS had come off its spline. Jonno at road and sport worked overtime to get it back on the road for me in time for the toy run, hence, now it is running, but with a real bad idle. Apparently the TPS and STPS need to be reset, and it needs a general tune. It also occasionally flashes up a c48 error, and doesn't prime when I turn the key on. I should be able to cope with that one, it is just the TPS and STPS setup.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty, and playing with it, I have most tools etc, (notable exception of a paddock stand) but I just want a bit of help from someone who knows the engine and can physically walk me through it.

I offer payment of much free coffee and beer and muffins if you fit the criteria, and of course help with anything reciprocal I can do for you, but sorry, I can't pay big heaps of cash money (the emergency effort from Road and Sport cleaned me out.)

Big big big thanks to Jonno at Road and Sport, putting up with me worrying about the bike, and pestering with "ïs it ready yet" calls, and taking the time to explain a few bits of the problem to me. That guy is truely passionate about his job!

(if you are on here Jonno, I owe you Green Bling!!)

If you can help me, please PM or email, or send smoke signals...

Cheers

JD
I've got a dealer mode switch for your bike, mind you, so have you, or you wouldn't know the codes!! For the primary TPS, connct the switch, idle the engine at 1150 rpm, turn the switch on and check the display. It should be C00-( or -C00, one of the two), the important thing is the - being in the middle. If not the TPS needs adjusting. I have heard of the TPS shitting out in the past. PM me if you want and I'll go through it with you