PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

enigma51
24th March 2006, 20:26
So me and boomer decided that today would be a good day for hooning around puke' :2thumbsup The problem was that is was pissing down with rain this morning and when we got to papukura we actual contemplated (Its a big word so fuck off with the spelling) as to should we proceed or should we go home. As curiousity got the better of us we made our way to puke only to run in some problems with a piece of rope that loves a certain honda and its rear wheel. :slap: So we ended up pulling out what we could and head to the nearest bike shop to pull rear wheel off. Good thing we did cause there was a piece of melted rope stuck deep inside which could have caused some problems. :(

So we got to puke a little late (Not realy) there was some concerns as there was standing water coming on the front straight (At the bottom of the hill) and also a bit at jennings :baby: so we asked Gary if we can do one session and to make our minds up and he agreed!

Well we ended up having 5 session with only 4 bikes Me duncan Regular Murray and a chap called Sam Smith. (Sam races for a living in aussie as well as NZ that is if i got the story straight. A realy nice guy!)

Me on the gixxer Boomer on the honda murray on a brand new R6 (300km on the clock) and Sam on a works/factory R6. Well I am sad to say that I was on the slowest bike the two R6's came screeming pass me (At that stage I was doing about +/-230) so quick that it looked like i was looking for parking and that sort ended up being the story all they long. The honda on the other hand has the upper hand with the drag (we tested the theory) and the gixxer the braking power! I need to get a faster bike the k3 is realy showing how out of date it is.

It was a great dry day sam and murray having play with each other and me and Boomer looking for parking. Boomer even had a look on the grass for some parking space but could not fine any :Pokey:

Boomer has got some pics a mate took that he might put up ........ I think

boomer
24th March 2006, 20:34
Indeed; im uploading now, theres quite a few and i'll come back and add my 2c :first: :sunny: :Punk:

Here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=320)

Firefight
24th March 2006, 20:50
yeah thanks Logan, I was trying to bloody sleep(am night shift tonight) all I could hear from my bedroom window was dam motorbikes:slap:

Glad you had a good time.

F/F

enigma51
25th March 2006, 09:46
yeah thanks Logan, I was trying to bloody sleep(am night shift tonight) all I could hear from my bedroom window was dam motorbikes:slap:

Glad you had a good time.

F/F
Sorry FF but it wasnt me it was boomer! :confused:

Motoracer
25th March 2006, 12:35
Good ol Murray eh... He changes his bikes more often than I change my bedsheets... I would have loved to get out there and have a play with him.

Sam Smith on the other hand... I would have loved to pick his brain and try to get some pointers out of him... He is fastest man on a 600 around Pukekohe to date.

Glad you guys had a good run! You should come out on the 1st of April for a watch for Round 4 of AMCC club champs. I'll be racing my R6 there..

boomer
26th March 2006, 10:47
I've uploaded some more pics.. see link above; Including some of Sam

Was a good day, thanks Logan! So we set off in the rain and had some breakfast at Papakura and wondered if we should bother. We set off thinking it might clear and turning of sh1 i feel something pulling at my foot! looking down i see about 3 metres of hay bail rope attached around my foot and back wheel! I pulled most of it out but had to stop at the suzuki shop at puke to take the rear off to remove the rest thats melted around the back sprocket! Thanks Guys!!!!!

So off we go and we have one session to check out how wet it is and shes good to go! Logan and i had a good 5 sessions playing and Logans chuffed hes got his knee down on his new sliders, i on the other hand am doing something wrong as try as i will i cant get my knee down :no:

A little later in teh day theres 4 bikes on the track and teh fun begins, sam decides it would be fun to pass me on one wheel.. how the &(&(*^&^ he passes me i don't know cos on the back straight im flooring it and hitting the delimiter on each gear.. yet he passes me like im stood still.. good on ya mate!!! The new yamy 600 is sex on wheels :love:

twas a fun day! :ride: