PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

toads
19th April 2004, 08:25
Hi everyone, I am just back into bikes after a 20 year childrearing stint, we've had 6 of em! and the youngest are now 10 years old ( triplets). 20 something years ago I had saved and bought a honda mb100 ( don't laugh) and was planning to travel all over NZ, when I met hubby in his housetruck and in short order we had children so the bike went and we didn't!
Recently we both decided to get bikes again and spend our free time titivating them and occasionally getting the odd ride in when we can get someone to look after the kids, our older son has just bought a cbr 250rr so he sorta understands, I have a suzuki gn250 and hubby has a honda nv 400 custom, it's really nice ( in my opinion). My gn is too slow but it's ok for getting back into it after so long. I have much more respect for the laws of physics than I used to! LOL
This forum is great, nice to see a good cross section of humanity, not just teens! cheers Lu

Antallica
19th April 2004, 08:46
Welcome to KB :)

Glad to hear your passion for bikes is still going stong & that your kids are keen to follow.

:Punk:

James Deuce
19th April 2004, 09:02
10 year old triplets!!!

We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

But seriously, welcome back.

Jim2

Ghost Lemur
19th April 2004, 09:17
10 year old triplets!!!

We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

But seriously, welcome back.

Jim2

I agree completely.

Glad you haven't let a change in circumstances and a few years stop your hubby and you from following a dream. What style of bike are you most interested in? Hitcher has quite a nice fzx250 Zeal for sale if you're looking for a little more grunt. :)

toads
19th April 2004, 13:08
Thankyou for the encouragement, I am looking at a kawasaki en400 for sale locally tomorrow, finance unfortunately dictates in our house, I love the custom/cruiser style bikes, although the performance road bikes are probably a lot more comfortable over long distances, not to mention faster and more reliable, but half the fun is the rebuilding and dollying up of the old bikes and I just love chrome!! Must have been a magpie in a previous life or something. Yes and all our grown kids are mad about motor sport of one type or another. The younger ones prefer motor sport of an electronic nature ie playstation and computer. EEEwwww

Antallica
19th April 2004, 13:22
I wanna chrome my FXR ;)

brockhaus
19th April 2004, 14:32
Hi! That's a nice life story. Did now 10.000k in NZ and enjoyed it so far..
Nice places:
North Island:
East cape
side roads from Napier to Wellington
and (bad Gravel but nice) lake Wheikaremoana
South Island:
Arthurs Pass
West Coast between Hokitika and Haast
Inland Route from Chch to Blenheim
Nelson via Takaka to the cape
and if you like don't mind gravel Catlins (Invercargill to Dunedin)
ah and don't forget Mt. Cook
cya, Marcus
have a look on my webpage http://marcus.fhstudent.at

Ms Piggy
19th April 2004, 16:12
Welcome Toads! :niceone: You'll have lotsa fun here, it's like one BIG family -lotsa scraps but in the end they usually make up.

So are you still in the house truck or less mobile on the home front?

Cheers Cathy

LB
20th April 2004, 05:39
Hi and welcome to the site. You have some great roads round your way.....East Cape, Waioeka Gorge, Gis/Napier......you lucky thing you!! (and all those lovely oranges and wineries......and lots of fine weather)

claire
20th April 2004, 20:38
Hello and welcome. Hope you're enjoying being back motorcycling. Lynda's right nice area down there

Claire

toads
21st April 2004, 15:24
Hi Claire, No we sold the truck after kid number 2 arrived and we have been in our current house ( without wheels) for 17 years. I'm enjoying reading all the posts and hope that once hubbies bike is up and running we will eventually get to meet some of you people out on the road sometime. I just ordered some fork seals for it today, they will apparently take 3 weeks ex japan, the listed a/m ones didn't fit. cheers Lu :ride:

toads
21st April 2004, 15:39
Hey Marcus, I just went and checked out your website, wonderful job you have done of it and you certainly have had an interesting time travelling about, I am very impressed, cheers Lu

Hitcher
21st April 2004, 15:41
Ahhh, a fellow traveller. Welcome to our journey!!

toads
21st April 2004, 15:43
sorry I meant to address that other post to Cathy, I hope you finger is ok now, I live in dread of canning off my bike, especially as the cornering on my gn is somewhat similar to a wheel barrow, I am going to test a kawasaki en 400 on the weekend, hehehehe, I can tell I'm going to like it.

wari
21st April 2004, 16:52
...the cornering on my gn is somewhat similar to a wheel barrow...

heh heh ... Very well put !!!

Welcome ... :spudwave:

MadDuck
21st April 2004, 21:17
welcome to the mad house toads ...hahahahaahahaha! We have mad days on here and sometimes the threads make sense. But not very often and that is what makes it a bit of fun.
Damn triplets! and these guys think riding at speed is an adrenlin rush ...lmao.