PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new...

phase
19th April 2004, 10:02
Hi guys :spudwave:

Just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I'm new to this forum and riding - only been on 2 wheels for about 3months. I live on the Shore *ducks* and work in CBD.

I ride a CBR250RR, previously a ZZR250 (nuff said) and am keen to get maybe some track time, or just go for some long rides out in the whops somewhere. Anyone who knows some decent places round North (of) Auckland let me know!

Whats this I hear about a track day this weekend at Pukekohe? Any tips for a newb wanting to get on the track? Do I have to register for anything, mod my bike at all? Or just show up with a full tank? :whistle:

Anyway, if you see a guy on a black bike with full black gear and a chrome helmet putting round the Shore, try not to run him over...

James Deuce
19th April 2004, 10:04
Welcome dude!

I'd tape your lights, and take some tools to take your mirrors off. I lost a right hand mirror at a track day when fairing bashing with a dude in a corner. :)

Jackrat
19th April 2004, 11:01
Gidday mate,Don't know the first thing about track riding but if you want to go north just point your front end that way an do it.There is some nice riding up that way.The BOI is good for a look.We have a few riders up that way,keep your eyes on the site and I'm sure you will meet some of them.
Welcome to the site and biking.
Stay safe and enjoy.

Motoracer
19th April 2004, 11:12
Hey there,

Welcome to the site :)

"Bike only" open day is on this Friday the 23rd of April 2004. The starting time is at 10:30 AM and ends sometime after 4:00 PM. Most of us are going for this one.

1) Just make sure you wear full protection.
2) The bike has to be running sweet so just go through the whole thing to make sure nothing is comming loose or anything.
3) Check tire pressures and chain tention.
4) Bring $ 80 entry fee.

Optional: Remove mirrors and indicators just in case.

Ms Piggy
19th April 2004, 16:14
Welcome to the wonderful world of bikes! Lotsa fun to be had & good mates to be made and lotsa friendly, helpful people on this site too. :niceone:

Firefight
19th April 2004, 17:19
Gidday mate, welcome to the site, there are a few KBers that live on the shore, sure they will catch up with you, this is a great site to pick up info and meet new people, sure you will fit right in..

Firefight.

wari
19th April 2004, 18:03
Velcom .... :spudguita :spudwave:

jrandom
19th April 2004, 18:11
some long rides out in the whops somewhere. Anyone who knows some decent places round North (of) Auckland let me know!

Like Jackrat said, just point yourself north and twist the go knob. SH16 is a nice way to start. It's a nice ride if you get off the northern motorway at the Albany roundabouts, head up through Albany, turn left onto SH28 at Coatesville, ride through to Riverhead, turn right onto SH16 and carry on up to the top where it rejoins SH1, then just turn around and come back the same way, or turn right and bimble back home down SH1 if you're running out of time or energy.

Have fun...

LB
20th April 2004, 05:44
welcome - see you at the track day on the 23rd!

Posh Tourer :P
21st April 2004, 09:24
Give old north road a go, just out of Kumeu....You can fit it in with a SH16 ride....