PDA

View Full Version : To the rider of the red scooter at Wheatchief pub, @ 2.30pm 26 March

JWALKER
27th March 2006, 07:55
i'm mot sure if this person reads this forum or not. but, next time i see you, i will at the very least be having some harsh words with you.

i will tell you people the rest of the story. was coming back from little river yesterday about 2pm, with a mate on the back of my bike. started coming up to the wheatchief and there was a group of scooters (bout 30 of them), so when i got to the straight past wheatchief pub, i passed most of them, one of them took exception to this and decided to tailgate me around the hills, this guy was just about touching my back wheel through some of these corners. i had just got my bike back and thought i would just go for a nice run and this was just dangerous, especially seen i had someone on the back.

hXc
27th March 2006, 08:11
Kick him or something

Ixion
27th March 2006, 08:44
Am I missing something here. A 600cc sprotsbike is being tailgated by a scooter? Admittedly, two up, but we're talking what, 120 hp versus 20hp? Surely even a short straight between corners should have been bye-bye Mr Scooter?

crashe
27th March 2006, 09:06
What size cc scooter was it?
I know they can go up to a 500cc.

If the rider was that bad......... wouldnt it have beeen easier to either:

1. let him pass you...
2. signal to him, to pull over... make out there was something wrong with his scooter.

Then when he stopped:
a. ask him what his problem is/was first...
b. or bollock the shite out of him..

Then after all of that, then tell him about tailgating up the rear end like that is not good practise as it will cause an accident.

He maybe one of those scooter riders that have no idea about staggering.. as it seems many of them dont have a clue about it.
(I am not saying all scooter riders, but so many of them don't have a clue)

Maybe contact the scooter club in Chch and tell them what happened as they have been out on a ride together. They need to know how their riders are behaving, so that they can teach the rider about not tailgating in future.

If the scooter rider has a problem with a sportbike passing him... then he needs to get over himself and go and buy a sportbike himself.

fast135
27th March 2006, 09:49
so why didnt you let him pass...

JWALKER
27th March 2006, 10:09
Im not sure what size scooter it was, it looked similar to a vespa.
yeah, i know it sounds strange him keeping up, but the thing was i wasn't pushing my bike, i have just got it back and i was taking it easy trying to get my confidence back in the bike an didnt want to rush. i dont think he had any intention of passing me. he passed all the guys he was riding with, just to tailgate me. when there was a place to pull over, i indicated and pulled over and he turned around and speed off. i couldn't be bothered chasing him, but, if he had a problem he could have had the decency to pull in behind me and talk about, rather than potentially causing a accident

Sniper
27th March 2006, 10:21
Dude, you should have never posted this........ Besides, you didn't tell me who was on the back. Should I guess? :devil2:

JWALKER
27th March 2006, 10:23
maybe, maybe not. but i would like to have a talk to the individual and find out what the problem is. wendy was on the back

Sniper
27th March 2006, 11:57
Ahh, I see. No worries mate. I'll see ya tonight?

JWALKER
27th March 2006, 12:19
yeah, should do. i will go for my run and should be around after that.

bugjuice
27th March 2006, 12:46
I'd have just hit the brakes. Let him sail into the back of you, he'll stack it and hopefully get the message, you'll just feel a little bump and carry on..

John
27th March 2006, 12:47
I'd have just hit the brakes. Let him sail into the back of you, he'll stack it and hopefully get the message, you'll just feel a little bump and carry on..

hahahahahahahahahahaahaha God thats funny, aye duck :shifty:

DMNTD
27th March 2006, 12:58
God thats funny, aye duck :shifty:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .....shhhhh you'll wake the baby :psst:

texmo
27th March 2006, 13:01
Bro I feel sorry for you jwalker is a small frame old scooter vesta can keep up with you.....

JWALKER
27th March 2006, 15:10
dont feel sorry for me texmo:argh: . i wanted just a relaxing ride, so i didnt feel like pushing my bike seen i have just got it back and i havnt been riding for two months and it was my first ride back on the bike around the hills, so screw anyone who wants to give me flack for taking it easy and getting my confidence instead of wanking on about how fast or how good i am. i wanted to get my lines right, so i was taking it easy and going on my own speed, and if that's nana speed till i get more experiance as a rider, well whoever has a problem with, knows where they can go

Two Smoker
27th March 2006, 15:25
dont feel sorry for me texmo:argh: . i wanted just a relaxing ride, so i didnt feel like pushing my bike seen i have just got it back and i havnt been riding for two months and it was my first ride back on the bike around the hills, so screw anyone who wants to give me flack for taking it easy and getting my confidence instead of wanking on about how fast or how good i am. i wanted to get my lines right, so i was taking it easy and going on my own speed, and if that's nana speed till i get more experiance as a rider, well whoever has a problem with, knows where they can go

There is only two options that you had...

1: Pull over and stop...
2: Open the throttle more...

I think you chose the more sensible one :niceone:

Who cares what others say... Ride your own ride....

SPman
27th March 2006, 16:32
There is only two options that you had...

1: Pull over and stop...
2: Open the throttle more...

I think you chose the more sensible one :niceone:

Who cares what others say... Ride your own ride....
Wat Chris says......

JWALKER
27th March 2006, 16:33
thanks man, yeah your right. i had no desire to go any faster, so i pulled over, i was just a bit annoyed with his attuide, when i had a passenger on the back.

Grahameeboy
27th March 2006, 16:37

Don't bite.............you were doing so well...

ZeroIndex
27th March 2006, 16:44
scooter riders (that don't ride bikes) normally suck at life... My friend has a 50cc scooter, and was tailgating the heck out of me, and he didn't even realise it... I was almost ready to beat the sh1t out of him, but decided a firm talking to would be better...

PS. watch out for the ones that tailgate behind 7-seaters only to swerve at the last minute when the 7-seater decides to pull one of the many eratic non-signaled turns their legend lives up to...

JWALKER
27th March 2006, 17:12
Don't bite.............you were doing so well...

lol, trying not to bite too much.

texmo
27th March 2006, 17:38
lol, trying not to bite too much.
Man what has come of kiwibiker. It used to be all about bikes.

JWALKER
28th March 2006, 07:46
i only have really been on since about december last year, and this is all i know of kiwibiker. thanks for the rep:sunny:

sunhuntin
29th March 2006, 14:30
some of them scooter riders are nuts!! get quite a few high school aged girls come in at work....wearing literally no protective gear other than a lid. usually high heeled or sandly things, short arsed skirts and tank tops. think theyre so pretty....whod wanna sleep with em all scarred up from gravel burn? i just shake my head, fill their lil ol tank, take their 50c and go back inside.

i imagine vespas could get to quite a speed....the new ones take almost as much petrol as the gn.

out of interest, where abouts on the road where you placed? most scooter riders stick to the cycle lane or thereabouts.

JWALKER
29th March 2006, 16:37
i was going around the hills, so just tring to practice lines, so was using most of my lane. this gang of scooters had taken up the whole part of the left hand side of the road, some in the middle, some on the left, others on the right

texmo
29th March 2006, 16:39
i was going around the hills, so just tring to practice lines, so was using most of my lane. this gang of scooters had taken up the whole part of the left hand side of the road, some in the middle, some on the left, others on the right
HAHA can tell you havent ridden with scooters before scaryest experiance of my life was the magnetos ride with 88scooters

JWALKER
29th March 2006, 20:12
HAHA can tell you havent ridden with scooters before scaryest experiance of my life was the magnetos ride with 88scooters

lol, tis true texmo, that amount of scooters at one time, did unnerve me quite abit:eek:

MisterD
30th March 2006, 08:44

It was fine where I was pootling along at the back before the carb fell off my Lam...

texmo
30th March 2006, 10:38
It was fine where I was pootling along at the back before the carb fell off my Lam...
I was riding at the front I though I was gonna lose my life on more than one occasion.

loosebruce
31st March 2006, 15:48
this gang of scooters

Fuck knows why but i can't stop laughing :killingme

texmo
31st March 2006, 17:46
Fuck knows why but i can't stop laughing :killingme
wanna take this to the street homo you got something to say?

thealmightytaco
2nd April 2006, 08:30
wanna take this to the street homo you got something to say?

Don't bite, you were doing so well.

GIXser
2nd April 2006, 09:54
some of them scooter riders are nuts!! get quite a few high school aged girls come in at work....wearing literally no protective gear other than a lid. usually high heeled or sandly things, short arsed skirts and tank tops. think theyre so pretty....whod wanna sleep with em all scarred up from gravel burn? i just shake my head, fill their lil ol tank, take their 50c and go back inside.

i imagine vespas could get to quite a speed....the new ones take almost as much petrol as the gn.

out of interest, where abouts on the road where you placed? most scooter riders stick to the cycle lane or thereabouts.

Yeah what is it with scooter riders, most of them ya see in town wear no protective gear, even though they will cruise at well above 50 k's maybe we should post a few pics of what hands look like after a 50-60 k (no gloves)fall let alone the rest of ya-- these fuckers need to be educated--

texmo
2nd April 2006, 10:37
Yeah what is it with scooter riders, most of them ya see in town wear no protective gear, even though they will cruise at well above 50 k's maybe we should post a few pics of what hands look like after a 50-60 k (no gloves)fall let alone the rest of ya-- these fuckers need to be educated--
Nah scooter riders are invincible for example last week a car took a belladonna out side on she was wearing only a helmet and walked away.

The Wop
3rd April 2006, 09:51
To be honest, mate, this is not only a scooter thing. I see heaps of bikers wearing shorts, no gloves, t-shirts, etc. I suspect that your education needs to extend beyond scooters. Admittedly, though, scooters are bringing on board a whole new set of riders, some of which will need the learn!

DougB
3rd April 2006, 16:17
Alerted to this theme on another thread I have been observing motorcyclists in Hamilton. About two out of every three motorcycle riders are inadaquatly prepared to meet the road. No gloves, wearing only shirts and sometimes shorts and jandals.

Convert the bikers before poking shit (deserved I might say) at scooterers. Obviously both camps are as bad as each other.

I have a bike for country riding a big scooter for the city.
I call it a functional approach. So many bikers are emotional about scooters, I cant understand why. They
are fine in the city where bikes are cumbersome.

Sniper
6th April 2006, 11:43
My bike aint cumbersome in the city. Are you calling us bikers fat?

MisterD
6th April 2006, 11:56
Convert the bikers before poking shit (deserved I might say) at scooterers. Obviously both camps are as bad as each other.

What gets me is the bikers who are all pro personal freedom until it comes to someone else's personal freedom to not wear every piece of safety gear on the market....

Storm
6th April 2006, 12:25
Touche .