PDA

View Full Version : resetting the dash

aff-man
27th March 2006, 09:04
Right I made a slight fopa on the weekend. Trying to jusmp another bike off mine it kinda overheated a little bit. It runs sweet as still but the oil and temp light and the little red light on my dash is on and won't go off???

I've checked the oil and stuff so that's not a problem but I am unsure of what is. Will replace the coolant when I get home.

Point of note: when the bike did get a bit hot (around 122 deg) the instruments went a little skitzoid??

bugjuice
27th March 2006, 09:09
by jumping it, you might have fried it.. sounds like the circuit is cooked, it all the lights stay on. But it might not be the clocks, it could be worse..

White trash
27th March 2006, 09:24
Ever heard of them trick boost protected jumoer leads? They aint a myth.

Drunken Monkey
27th March 2006, 09:44
You could try unplugging the battery for 30 minutes if its some sort of error/diagnostics problem. If you've fried something, it'll probably have to be looked at by a professional.

Sniper
27th March 2006, 10:50
Sounds like a fried something. Do what DM said and disconnect the battery for a while

boomer
27th March 2006, 10:53
Sounds like a fried something. Do what DM said and disconnect the battery for a while

does putting your tongue on the battery play any part of your diagnostics Sniper??!! :eyepoke:

Pixie
27th March 2006, 11:12
does putting your tongue on the battery play any part of your diagnostics Sniper??!! :eyepoke:
Take the filler caps off and put your tongue in the electrolyte,if it's sweet , it's fully charged.
If it's sour it's flat.

aff-man
27th March 2006, 11:57
Ever heard of them trick boost protected jumoer leads? They aint a myth.

Yeh I know... was using em....

Will try the disconnect thing otherwise I'll take it apart and check all the chips and such. Everything else seems to run just fine though so i dunno...

Sniper
27th March 2006, 13:02
No Im not silly enough to try anything with the sulphric acid in a battery Pixie, but no boomer I have learnt my lesson so :shake:

aff-man
30th March 2006, 15:31
The solution

Left tech same problem...

couple wheelies on the way home

Problem fixed

Sniper
30th March 2006, 16:17
Well done mate :niceone:

aff-man
30th March 2006, 16:49
Well done mate :niceone:

Yeh now if I only knew how i did it....

Right that's it any problems ... you guys mend me your bikes i'll do a few wheelies and they'll be right:Punk: :shifty: :shifty: